18 replies to this topic

#1 coopa

coopa

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts
  • Interests:The usual

Posted 06 August 2005 - 11:32 AM

While at Horizon Motorsport yesterday I saw the guys fitting rebound adjustable Ohlins to a S1 Elise. The ohlins components looked absolutely fantastic quality and their reputation for performance is excellent I understand. On speaking to Mike about the ohlins he said that he would be prepared to do a group-buy deal for vx220 owners. If 10 or more people are interested he will supply the ohlins shocks for £945 + VAT , which matches the Nitron price. He did however say that there was a good chance he could supply them at £900 + VAT for this offer, he is calling me back to confirm. Are there 9 others out there who might be interested in this?

Edited by coopa, 06 August 2005 - 11:35 AM.

#2 funone

funone

• Pip
  • 74 posts
  • Interests:Cars

Posted 07 August 2005 - 05:04 AM

Good deal if going this route. However, if going to Ohlins the advice I have had from several sources - not all proviers of gear - is that if u can afford it go for the 46mm Ohlins. If serious track day user that's what I have been recommended.

#3 CHRI

CHRI

• PipPip
  • 321 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 07 August 2005 - 07:22 PM

I'm interested thumbsup

#4 Guest_Bletch (Guest)

Guest_Bletch (Guest)

Posted 07 August 2005 - 07:37 PM

Good deal if going this route. However, if going to Ohlins the advice I have had from several sources - not all proviers of gear - is that if u can afford it go for the 46mm Ohlins. If serious track day user that's what I have been recommended.

I have the 46mm Ohlins on my VXR as mine was used as the development car by Plans Motorsport and they truely are amazing. I cannot say they are better than the standards as I have not driven on the standards much but they really are track orientated.

#5 cheeky_chops

cheeky_chops

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,922 posts
  • Interests:my car, snowboarding and drinking

Posted 07 August 2005 - 07:39 PM

but they are £3k - stick with std ohlins and spend the saving on driving lessons thumbsup

Coops - may be a good idea to see if the offer includses elise/exige dampers - then post on the lotus forums

#6 coopa

coopa

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted 07 August 2005 - 09:16 PM

The guy who was having them fitted to his Elise is a member of the Midlands Lotus Owners Club. I hear there is quite a lot of interest on their forum as to what this fella thinks of his new shocks... I'll try and tune in thumbsup

#7 juracing 39

juracing 39

• Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 09:10 AM

i'am interested too thumbsup

#8 nakajima

nakajima

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 12:43 PM

interested thumbsup

#9 CustardTart

CustardTart

• Pip
  • 198 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 01:17 PM

Could well be interested. Details when you get them please! thumbsup

#10 coopa

coopa

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 01:38 PM

I've found the guy who is having them fitted to his Elise. It's a guy named Scott_Mac on the Midlands Lotus Owners Group Forum. He should be getting his car back towards the end of the week so hopefully he will review them before long. I have been back in touch with Horizon, they are emailing me some more information but basically what they could tell me over the phone is this: These are a new special build (so no model number as yet) rebound and height adjustable coil-over mono-tube shock absorber. They offer 60 clicks of adjustment (apparently Nitron have 24?). The shocks are still in the testing stage but look as though they will be the absolute business. these shocks will fit the vx220 with no problems by changing the inserts at the shock absorber mounting points, which is done by the supplier. More to follow, HTH thumbsup

#11 Santy

Santy

• Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 02:00 PM

Saw Mike today at Horizon, apparently Scott_Mac's shocks are being fitted tomorrow, so we should see a report on MLOC sometime later this week. Not sure if anyone is interested but Mike is currently investigating the GM tuning guide with the aim to supercharge my LY over the winter - :D :D :D

#12 coopa

coopa

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 03:31 PM

Stole the pic from mloc (and yes you do get four of them):

Attached Files

Edited by coopa, 16 August 2005 - 03:38 PM.

#13 nakajima

nakajima

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 04:34 PM

thumbsup lurvley

#14 the gits

the gits

• Pip
  • 249 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 06:08 PM

I should say at this point that Plans Motorsport offer the full range of Ohlins dampers for the VX. 1) The 46mm two way damper (bump, rebound, and ride height) 2) The 36mm OE VXR two-way damper (bump, rebound, and ride height) 3) This kit , the 36mm single-way kit (rebound - ie "stiffness", and ride height) We have worked with the UK concessionaire to develop these products . We can supply mail order or alternatively are uniquely placed to fit and, importantly, set up. We also have developed a user guide to show how to adjust to optimise the performance of these dampers for the road, trackday or race circuit. We will always try to price match any other supplier. We can do this for individual orders, without the hassle of a "group buy". See www.plansmotorsport.com and use "contact us" for further details.....

#15 Foxy

Foxy

I love Nev

• 10,743 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 06:14 PM

Nice shocks Coopa! Are they not 3-way? ie. preload, rebound and compression adjustment?

#16 kipper

kipper

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,364 posts
  • Interests:Things that rotate.
    Smoking various types
    of fish.

Posted 16 August 2005 - 07:02 PM

Who's is the VXR with squeaky Olins at Plans :rolleyes: Dave K

#17 Guest_Bletch (Guest)

Guest_Bletch (Guest)

Posted 16 August 2005 - 08:46 PM

Who's is the VXR with squeaky Olins at Plans :rolleyes:

Dave K

Mine

How did you know that my Ohlins were squeaking??

#18 kipper

kipper

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,364 posts
  • Interests:Things that rotate.
    Smoking various types
    of fish.

Posted 17 August 2005 - 08:09 AM

There were several cats sitting around your car :D Well, in truth it was John Shorrocks that told me, didn't ask him whoes car it was but I suspected that it was yours. Me, I was down there for a service/front bearing clamp kit and geo set-up. Impressed on how they managed to land a 747 on that runway :blink: Dave K

#19 It's an Elise. Honest!

It's an Elise. Honest!

• 2 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 05:59 PM

Count me in please. Gone a bit quiet on this thread - is this still happening? ps First post on this forum. Still can't believe how good these cars are....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users