49 replies to this topic

#41 FLD

FLD

WANNABE MY LOVER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,717 posts
  • Interests:Tugging my todger.

Posted 29 October 2011 - 08:38 AM

Just measured at 80db idle with 92db at 4500rpm.

Will test the drive by as well today :)

Awesome!

#42 davemate

davemate

Harrop!!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,228 posts
  • Interests:Provoking Badgers

Posted 29 October 2011 - 02:02 PM

We tried a by the side of the road test, literally stood at the curb and got 102 (I think) and the used a dual carriage was bridge and was roughly the same, although ambient noise was 89db. So... I went down to bedford autodrome and they said I was in the mid 90s. So exhaust is a good 'un! I spoke to mike as well about different prices for 421 manifolds and other options of which he is happy to provide, and he has also developed a rather nifty internal resonator, of which I took pictures of. He also can do silenced cat sections which sounds like a really good solution :) Mike said that he would join up on here to answer any questions that people may have. I will add that he is doing this as he likes the projects rather than a money making exercise, in that he makes all systems himself (plus his company have worked on a large amount of exotica), so they are not designed and the produced in china like some other companies. Yay!!!

#43 GeorgeBC

GeorgeBC

Needs a cheaper hobby

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,138 posts
  • Interests:Cars and mountain biking

Posted 29 October 2011 - 02:18 PM

We tried a by the side of the road test, literally stood at the curb and got 102 (I think) and the used a dual carriage was bridge and was roughly the same, although ambient noise was 89db.

So... I went down to bedford autodrome and they said I was in the mid 90s.

So exhaust is a good 'un!

I spoke to mike as well about different prices for 421 manifolds and other options of which he is happy to provide, and he has also developed a rather nifty internal resonator, of which I took pictures of. He also can do silenced cat sections which sounds like a really good solution :)

Mike said that he would join up on here to answer any questions that people may have.
I will add that he is doing this as he likes the projects rather than a money making exercise, in that he makes all systems himself (plus his company have worked on a large amount of exotica), so they are not designed and the produced in china like some other companies.

Yay!!!

Your results sound good but its all about whether it can stand the test of time. Do a few trackdays then report back. What BHP is your supercharged VX chucking out?

#44 davemate

davemate

Harrop!!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,228 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 02:34 PM

I agree on the teat of time. I will keep this thread going as a long term term review. Hopefully people will see this as a development and someone taking am interest in making systs for these cars. I was rolling roaded at 250bhp before with a standard manifold, standard down pipe and milltek back box. I won't get much time to go to courtenay, but I do want to go for a rolling road set up for some proven benefits and to make the best of the system. My trouble is that the school holiday has ended so I won't really get a day off to take it down for a few weeks, but I will check their availability on Monday.

#45 Noodle1791

Noodle1791

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:32 PM

Any news on the price for the manifold yet??

#46 davemate

davemate

Harrop!!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,228 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 04:07 AM

Yep indeedy! Manifold £550 The complete rest of the system (sans cat) £650 If you want a 200 cell race cat that is an extra £175. Mike can make whatever system you want, I.e 4-2-1 resonators, extended diameter u bends etc etc. He said he would sign up on here, but if you want to discuss with him, drop me a pm and I will pass on his number to you. Oh and there is a 12 month warranty on his work as well :)

#47 Andrew aka Stuwy

Andrew aka Stuwy

Made In England

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,731 posts
  • Interests:most things are intersting

Posted 07 November 2011 - 07:43 PM

i met him the other week and he is a very nice chap chinky chinky cant comment on his work mind as i dont have one of his products, just a by-product :lol:

#48 Graeme Lambert

Graeme Lambert

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 02:37 PM

So bringing this back from the dead, after a couple of years how is this exhaust Dave?

G

#49 davemate

davemate

Harrop!!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,228 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:15 PM

Still going well, kept all of the stuffing, I am now on the harrop, with dutch ecu, I must be well over 300bhp (hockey built stage three engine and internals too), I did change mine to a single pipe exit with 30 degree down turn, to reduce the trumpet effect... It hasn't made any difference to in car noise, but percieved drive-by is less. Clearly there is no scienece in this, just arse dyno and my and others perception. All in all, still very happy :)

#50 Graeme Lambert

Graeme Lambert

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 02:05 PM

Thanks for the reply Dave.

would you mind Pm'ing me the details for Mike and if you are happy to share, an idea of what your system entailed and cost?

G

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users