Dg Vx220 Turbo Full 80Mm Intake Kit - Airbox / Amm / Recirc

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#1 Duncan VXR

Duncan VXR

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts
  • Interests:Anything to do with making cars faster and better than the original

Posted 29 November 2011 - 08:51 AM

Well finally got some of the full 80mm intake kit made this weekend gone. As mentioned before the feed to the air box is increased to 100mm, the air box is further modded removing the bulge on the intake side (there to cover the cross member on other vaux cars) then has an 80mm outlet with spinning (I am looking at making the box out of alloy and retaining oe fitments but not sure it warrants the costs over reworking the original item).

The AMM is housed in the same 80mm alloy pipe and then 80mm to the turbo 90degree silicon reducing elbow back down to 58mm.
This kit will also have the external recirc added but can supply to retain oe recirc setup and / or different size AMM if you wanted to retain the 70mm? (not sure why you would but does need a software tweak to run the larger AMM which I can also do if required)

This current kit is going onto a recent stg4 car so will be good to get feedback and if possible will try to get time to do a before and after RR session

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I will add pictures of the rest of the kit as I get time to finish (be 2 weekends time) as at Donny this one coming

Enjoy

DG

#2 Harry0075

Harry0075

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 690 posts
  • Interests:Cars (Classic + Sportscars), Running, Cycling, and Discovery Turbo!

Posted 29 November 2011 - 09:58 AM

:wub: Shiny new parts Looks good thumbsup

#3 Duncan VXR

Duncan VXR

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 10:01 AM

Thanks ;) I have a kit to be made for a vx220 n/a but it feeds a tfsi vag lump :P :D lol

#4 vocky

vocky

• 11,969 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 10:01 AM

why don't you just extend the main alloy intake pipe to include the amm alloy section, thus removing a joint and perhaps cheaper too

#5 Duncan VXR

Duncan VXR

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 10:10 AM

Ne

why don't you just extend the main alloy intake pipe to include the amm alloy section, thus removing a joint and perhaps cheaper too

Neil very good point, when the pipe was made I was originally using the VXR AMM hence the 2 and AMM work was after. Consider it revised ;)

DG

#6 Harry0075

Harry0075

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 690 posts
  • Interests:Cars (Classic + Sportscars), Running, Cycling, and Discovery Turbo!

Posted 29 November 2011 - 10:34 AM

Thanks ;) I have a kit to be made for a vx220 n/a but it feeds a tfsi vag lump :P :D lol

Better starting making space for a VAG lump then :P

#7 Duncan VXR

Duncan VXR

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 12:23 PM

Ok top of the air box mod almost completed, tooling made for the trumpet and just need to form the trumpet and weld in!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

DG

#8 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 12:25 PM

I need one of those airbox outlets. :wub: Would certainly improve my bodged attempt. thumbsup

#9 Duncan VXR

Duncan VXR

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 12:33 PM

Wait till the sexy trumpet is in and is all stealth black ;) - and my solution for the bottom section :D Loving having time to start doing custom work again!!!!!!! Hope to have the RR data on the recent stg4 vxt early Jan with this full kit fitted Matt can do just the airbox bits for you if thats what your after thumbsup DG

#10 slindborg

slindborg

The Bishop of Stortford

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,602 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 12:35 PM

Is it me or does the 'hole' where the sensor goes through look like a turbulence hotspot.... Does the OEM AMM have the same hole? Could you not fill the gap with sillycone or something of a similar nature so that the sensor can be replaced if need be but remove the nasty flow area?

#11 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 12:39 PM

Matt can do just the airbox bits for you if thats what your after thumbsup

Would be perfect if you could Duncan. Still struggling to get an airbox back in mine and certainly don't want to strangle the supercharger by not making the most of the pre-SC inlet side of things.

#12 Duncan VXR

Duncan VXR

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 01:18 PM

Is it me or does the 'hole' where the sensor goes through look like a turbulence hotspot.... Does the OEM AMM have the same hole?

Could you not fill the gap with sillycone or something of a similar nature so that the sensor can be replaced if need be but remove the nasty flow area?

Identical to standard, would take a bit more effort to machine but could remove the gap as such - not sure it will make a much difference based onthe way air flow clings to inside of the tube. Not so keen on filling the hole with sealent as such

#13 Duncan VXR

Duncan VXR

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 01:20 PM

Matt can do just the airbox bits for you if thats what your after thumbsup

Would be perfect if you could Duncan. Still struggling to get an airbox back in mine and certainly don't want to strangle the supercharger by not making the most of the pre-SC inlet side of things.

Well the tool is made to make future ones and the back section hope to have done this week and then it would be an exchange / or add a new item - so should be no problem sir. Could even wrap it like an xmas present for you

DG

#14 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 01:55 PM

:lol:

#15 Duncan VXR

Duncan VXR

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 02:16 PM

I am a tool :P

#16 rob999

rob999

Cat in a Hat

• 12,795 posts
  • Interests:Footy, Tennis, Fire.

Posted 30 November 2011 - 02:59 PM

What are the costs then DG? :)

#17 Duncan VXR

Duncan VXR

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 03:27 PM

If you have to ask you can't afford it :D lol I am awaiting confirmation of silicon hose prices / recirc valve & clips etc etc so I can work it out tbh. Also this one has taken a lot of time due to making tools for making further ones and need to see how long it takes once at this point (which would be a lot quicker) so cant really cost it on the time I have spent on this one If there is enough interest would try to work it a bit further and do a group buy ;) could get a batch made for xmas if required??? Also depends if you want the FULL 80mm intake kit including external recirc valve, uprate turbo recirc or just the 80mm intake bit I have an idea of cost but do need to check hence not stating yet, just been getting my finger out my butt and making it :P DG

#18 rob999

rob999

Cat in a Hat

• 12,795 posts
  • Interests:Footy, Tennis, Fire.

Posted 30 November 2011 - 03:31 PM

About bloody time too!! :P Okay pm me an approximate price please Senor Slacker!!!

#19 Corey

Corey

• PipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 06:43 PM

I'd be up for a group buy! The whole lot really, from turbo to air box :D depending on price obviously but I'm in no rush :)

#20 MrSimba

MrSimba

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,197 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 07:40 PM

I need one of those airbox outlets. :wub:

:yeahthat:

Me too please DG! :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users