• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#41 MrSimba

MrSimba

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,197 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 01:58 PM

1. Techieboy 2. Rob999 3. Corey 4. Mr Simba - just the air box mod for me please DG thumbsup 5. Kipper

#42 Corey

Corey

• PipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 05:52 PM

So are you guna be testing this stuff on the RR by any chance? :D

#43 Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Interests:Women

Posted 03 December 2011 - 10:32 PM

PM:ed btw, if I only want the intake pipe can I add the 80mm intake pipe without modifications or must I go for the original 70mm?

Edited by Gilgamesh, 03 December 2011 - 10:32 PM.

#44 Corey

Corey

• PipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 02:15 AM

PM:ed

btw, if I only want the intake pipe can I add the 80mm intake pipe without modifications or must I go for the original 70mm?

Should be fine mate thumbsup you only have to worry if you change the afm to 80mm, because then youll need to have it tuned in the ecu else it wont run right.

#45 Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Interests:Women

Posted 04 December 2011 - 10:48 AM

ok great, because my standard intake pipe collapses at higher revs, need to get a better one.

#46 craigb78

craigb78

• PipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 07:41 PM

dont know if i have missed but how much are you after for that full kit for that?

#47 Corey

Corey

• PipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 09:22 PM

dont know if i have missed but how much are you after for that full kit for that?

He hasn't worked it out yet, most likely cus he hasn't quite finished it :P

You have waaay too much work ey DG ;)

#48 craigb78

craigb78

• PipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 09:24 PM

i see i see. would be very interested in one of these as an all in one pipe the only issue i think i would have it making it fit with a garrett conversion?

#49 Corey

Corey

• PipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 12:20 AM

i see i see. would be very interested in one of these as an all in one pipe the only issue i think i would have it making it fit with a garrett conversion?

Well he makes each one so I guessing it probably wouldn't be too much effort to change it slightly for a garrett conversion. I'm not entirely sure but I think he might have already mentioned something about it?

#50 Duncan VXR

Duncan VXR

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts
  • Interests:Anything to do with making cars faster and better than the original

Posted 07 December 2011 - 03:07 PM

Well the top section of the box has been revised after flow data feedback (thanks Winstar) will get some pics up after the trumpet location has been finalised. I have managed to get hold of the 90 deg reducing elbox (been waiting with a company but gave up and gone elswhere) Ref the garrett if you wanted to turn up at teh unit could custom make at the time to be sure of fitment or if you had specific measurment could tweak from that Gilgamesh - There is also the option to run 2 80>70mm straight reducers short term to retain the oe 70mm amm or 1 reducer is only having 80mm pipe ;) I should be collecting the recircs and have the pipe work this week and should be finishing the external recirc section and then will be in a better place to confirm costs and configuration options The 1st kit will be done in December but the car its going on is not available to go on the RR until early Jan and unless you wanted blue hose I cant do anymore kits until early Jan anyway DG

#51 Corey

Corey

• PipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 08:31 PM

I duno about the others but I'm in no rush anyways thumbsup It's good to see that it's being full on tested and not just designed and made :D Cant wait to see all the data :)

#52 Duncan VXR

Duncan VXR

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 10:31 AM

Bit more work done

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#53 Nath

Nath

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 11:32 AM

I am liking the look of this kit duncan! Look forward to the rr results!

#54 Corey

Corey

• PipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 04:58 PM

How well do you find the air box being able to grab air at that angle? At the early stages I just always imagined it to be pointing the intake hole right into the direction of air flow coming in from the vent :P

#55 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,587 posts
  • Interests:Rock climbing, skiing, kayaking, surfing, mountaineering, budgies, chess, practical mechanics.

Posted 09 December 2011 - 05:14 PM

Lots of work gone into that dunc.

#56 Duncan VXR

Duncan VXR

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 06:53 PM

Nev your not far wrong and so far think it has had about 70hrs, just adds up real quick Air does not work how you think all the time, I am learning a lot but a ram air setup has other issues. Sure I may test it though lol

#57 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,587 posts
  • Interests:Rock climbing, skiing, kayaking, surfing, mountaineering, budgies, chess, practical mechanics.

Posted 09 December 2011 - 08:03 PM

Air ram effect has almost no effect until very high speeds. I did the calcs.

#58 MrSimba

MrSimba

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,197 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 08:20 PM

DG what can I say! awesome work going on there!!! Imnotworthy Will complement my 'DG Deveopments' top hat nicely! & you know I'm going to polish it to a mirror finish before installing it!!! ;)

#59 Nath

Nath

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 02:17 PM

duncan..... what price will you be selling the airbox alone?

#60 Duncan VXR

Duncan VXR

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 02:35 PM

Well a few people for various requirments are thinking of box only, which will also need a bit of extra work and reducer to fit he oe AMM but its not great issue. I need to make one from scratch when I have finished and happy with the one now and can then gauge how long it would take to make and add up the bits required. Can also fit if required. I am actually going to try and test a range of setups Full oe setup with just box section Full oe setup with 70mm intake pipe setup Full oe setup with 80mm pipework (oe 80mm AMM) Full 80mm kit Full 80mm kit with recirc option (expect throttle response improvements over power) And a stg 2 & 4 map But before and after should give me what I am after Bugger I may even get to test the I/C v's C/C war :P Hope to finish the 1st one off this weekend if the bits turn up but planning to pull a poor n/a engine out 1st ;) DG

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users