Photo

Cliffie Double Time Attack 2012+13 Champion!

• Please log in to reply
4350 replies to this topic

#2541 startline al

startline al

• Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:01 AM

Just like to add my congratulations to Mike and the team. Nice not to see you mike!

#2542 AstonVauxhall

AstonVauxhall

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:22 AM

Amazing Mike - good on you. thumbsup Imnotworthy

#2543 jamiewillson

jamiewillson

• Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:43 AM

Really, really well done guys. I hope to see you all out again next year.

#2544 AstonVauxhall

AstonVauxhall

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:00 PM

Posted Image

#2545 DarrylB

DarrylB

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:01 PM

Amazing News! Amazing Work! Amazing Team! Amazing Driving! :-D

#2546 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,353 posts
  • Interests:Weaving weasels woolly hats.

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:28 PM

So to the thanks... Thanks to Team VX: George for giving up another set of front tyres, Saturday's win was down to that and for keeping the team Buzzin through the tough times. Chris for being there at the very beginning. The trips from Leeds to mine to help, putting the engine in when there was a foot of snow on the ground and the temps were -14C. For being at every round and keeping the car in one piece. Matty for running the show so well and making sure everything was bang on and for being my window man, you know what that meant to me. Joe for the support pre plan, the understanding in the early days of this and the constant supply of bits and advice even after you knew your season was over before it started. Lee for the support in the rounds you could make and for giving us back the forth cylinder for Snetterton. All the .org members who came out to support us at the rounds. The Scottish mob who paid for the track day at Knockhill and for staying to cheer me on. Nelly for the support financially and at Anglesey, the new tyres were all down to you. JG for the sponsorship, I hope the stickers have been well seen. Jimmy, you were awesome at Snetterton, I know it has been difficult for you this year but you were there when it counted. Your analysis was invaluable and deffo bagged us the results. Everybody who bunged in the dosh for the Kumhos when I was on my knees financially. Darcini... what can I say. Without you, none of this would have happened. Your support early on was the factor that got Mrs C to agree to a season in TA and for the additional support throughout the season. It is usually the team that provides the hospitality for the main sponsor not the other way round so thanks for feeding and watering us all this season. You were there at the beginning, every round and at the end, I hope you think it was worth it. You backed a guy you had never met and for that, I will always be very grateful. Finally NickB for the loan of Weapon X. Possibly the worst kept secret in VX land (cheers to all who knew but kept it off the forum). The Harrop turned our season around and took us from 286BHP to 333BHP and that was what we needed. I am sorry if I have forgotten anybody.

Edited by Cliffie, 24 September 2012 - 12:30 PM.

#2547 CocoPops

CocoPops

SuperCharged Karting Super Hero

• 17,179 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:35 PM

When was weapon x deployed then? I thought you'd done it on a stage 2 car, so clearly that makes it harder for next year as 330bhp is minimum needed.

#2548 JG

JG

• 13,611 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:43 PM

harder for next year as 330bhp is minimum needed.

And a fucking good driver.

#2549 CocoPops

CocoPops

SuperCharged Karting Super Hero

• 17,179 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:46 PM

I figured that was a given, following Jimmy and Cliffie will be hard for anyone! thumbsup

#2550 Goosenka

Goosenka

Jeep Driving jolly nice chap

• 12,716 posts
  • Interests:Fried breakfasts, coffee and dogs

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:53 PM

Be honest Mike. I think the scerenading from Jimmy and I won the Championship for you, don't you? I mean how can Wonderwall not have focused you? :lol:

#2551 J4EY D

J4EY D

Bob Maloogaloogaloogaloogalooga

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,236 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:54 PM

Congratulations again Mike and Team Vx!! Ive really enjoyed the rounds ive been to this year, and Snett was one of the best weekends ive had in a long time! Mike really does deserve this result. He is a true proffesional, when we were all drinking and having a great time friday and (especially) saturday night, he had the self control to take himself to bed... it cant have been easy! p.s. the pics of saturday night are going to be epic! p.p.s The TVRs reliability came to an end on the way home... the speedo broke :lol: :lol: :lol:

#2552 Darcini

Darcini

There must be some way outa here

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:58 PM

It has been my absolute pleasure to be associated with Mike and Team VX this season. Let no one be under any illusion that this was an easy win either, the dedication of Mike's pit crew traipsing from one end of the country to the other entirely at their own expense to support Mike was frankly amazing. Problems arose and were sorted, no dramas just sheer professionalism. Don't underestimate the value of the support that .org gave too, both financial and cheering him on at the individual rounds, it makes a difference, it really does. Weapon X was the turning point, Nick you are a legend. But at the end of the day, when the car is on the track and racing, it's down to only one person. And that person is Mike. Time Attack 2012 Champion says it all We did it gentlemen, we fcuking well did it :lol:

#2553 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:07 PM

congrats mike and team vx epic season!! tell you what last night at work was a MISSION!!

#2554 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• 13,353 posts
  • Interests:Weaving weasels woolly hats.

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:21 PM

congrats mike and team vx including me epic season!!

tell you what last night at work was a MISSION!!

Edited for accuracy Joe.

#2555 TheRealVXed

TheRealVXed

Sidekick

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,975 posts
  • Interests:Holy potatoes, fist combat, lycra

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:31 PM

Be honest Mike. I think the scerenading from Jimmy and I won the Championship for you, don't you? I mean how can Wonderwall not have focused you?

:lol:

It was the postman pat rendition I think. Mike going round the circuit in his little red van echoing Pat in making those timely and fastest deliverys to the start/finish line. A truely superb effort and I am just glad I could be there to see it all come to a head. If anyone needs a spanner holder/tea boy for next year I have been in training... :D

#2556 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:39 PM

i for one am deeply regretting the photos from the weekend :lol:

#2557 Baron Von Scubadaddy

Baron Von Scubadaddy

STAGE 3.333333333333333333333333333333

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,643 posts
  • Interests:Girls, Cars,..... ! spending time asking questions about why my car won't work

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:15 PM

Any footage of the season ?????

#2558 Jason

Jason

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • Interests:Trackdays, Walking, Photography

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:31 PM

Well done Mike and all that gathered round and supported him, seems like a good team effort with Mike leading the way :)

#2559 JohnTurbo

JohnTurbo

SuperScruff

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,635 posts
  • Interests:Performance cars!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:34 PM

Well done Mike. Another truely impressive performance. Great to see the RX made it into one of your photos - Im also proud of my friend (Clark) for finally getting a first round in and while limited to 2/3 power.

#2560 Graeme Lambert

Graeme Lambert

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:40 PM

i for one am deeply regretting the photos from the weekend :lol:

funny you should say that, I'm just about to look at the ones from sat night!

You ALL have been warned. (Bribes to my paypal account by PM please...)

G

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)