Photo

Cliffie Double Time Attack 2012+13 Champion!

• Please log in to reply
4350 replies to this topic

#241 Dave E

Dave E

I LOVE SNETTERTON

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,116 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 08:53 AM

Buying or freebies lol
The mounts look loverly and I no you didn't buy them lol

The real question is what's the .org price :unsure:

#242 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,353 posts
  • Interests:Weaving weasels woolly hats.

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:00 AM

I am working on the price for .org as I will be supplying once I have done a little development with Vibra-Technics on the lower front/rear ones and tried them out to make sure they are what we all need. Everything you see there was bought but I do know a few people and I did get a few good deals. I did pay full price for some of it you know. Jimmy, they didn't have the pump at show, I will call my man this week for a price. I have a JK for a pax seat, just need the padding off Luke and a subframe solution, I am going to try the Tillett one to see if it fits.

#243 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• 13,353 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:02 AM

Are you guys starting to get a little worried about getting finished for the 5th May yet. I'm bricking it to be honest!!!!! Especially as tyres have still not been announced and probably won't be for a while.

Anyway, in case you guys are interested, I've started building a small website for myself.

www.thimotorsport.co.uk

still got loads to add on the 2012 build section, but it's getting there.

Jamie

Looking good! thumbsup

Ye a little worried about Tyres. As ive chosen my wheel size on the "hope" that they will make a tyre big enough..... :blink: Im going wide on the rear, Very wide! :drink:

I have specc'd my wheel size as well. One thing is certain. Whatever tyres it is, we are all on the same stuff in Club and will all have the same issues or not.

I don't really care what they are as long as there is a level playing field.

#244 luke.

luke.

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:40 AM

I'll send them tomorrow morning Mike. I brought them down south and i forgot to send. Working nights so supposed to be sleeping right now :lol:

#245 Dave E

Dave E

I LOVE SNETTERTON

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,116 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:45 AM

I am working on the price for .org as I will be supplying once I have done a little development with Vibra-Technics on the lower front/rear ones and tried them out to make sure they are what we all need.

Good work sir thumbsup

#246 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,611 posts
  • Interests:french maids

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:47 AM

something else to add to the shopping list

#247 Duncan VXR

Duncan VXR

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts
  • Interests:Anything to do with making cars faster and better than the original

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:48 AM

I am working on the price for .org as I will be supplying once I have done a little development with Vibra-Technics on the lower front/rear ones and tried them out to make sure they are what we all need.

Mike are you involved in the revised version currently been worked on for the top mounts then? Ref the same rubber as road but more structural support

Some nice bits there ;)

DG

#248 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• 13,353 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:19 AM

Mike are you involved in the revised version currently been worked on for the top mounts then? Ref the same rubber as road but more structural support

Some nice bits there ;)

DG

At this point Dunc it is about getting what they have already onto a car to try out and go from there. AFAIK there has been so little testing done to see what will or won't work.

#249 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 12:34 PM

But Jk seat isn't MSA approved like you wanted

#250 fezzasus

fezzasus

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,689 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 12:44 PM

Would be very interested in the top mounts given how rubbish the OEM ones are - got to admit i'm happy with the front and rear mounts with polybushes at the moment, but if you see a big improvement i'll be interested.

#251 alanoo

alanoo

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 01:19 PM

The vibratechnics, especially the top ones are already great but I'm not sure many people here are willing to pay the price for them...

#252 Duncan VXR

Duncan VXR

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 02:12 PM

I think they are a fair price for the upgrade and suspect they will outlast the car - I ran one of their mounts on my vag powered 20vt lump in my Renault 5 conversion on track for years and road wiith no issues 5 years on and a lot of miles ;) Stock ones really are not great and with any large power seem to rip them in half :P DG

#253 fezzasus

fezzasus

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,689 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 02:19 PM

The vibratechnics, especially the top ones are already great but I'm not sure many people here are willing to pay the price for them...

If they don't fail as often then they're actually more cost effective;

£70 for two OEM ones every two years
£230 one off payment for the uprated ones.

so that's just over 6 years to pay for themselves. If they last that long (and I suspect they will given they have less travel and therefore less plastic deformation) then they cost effectively the same as the OEM mounts.

#254 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• 13,353 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 02:27 PM

If they don't fail as often then they're actually more cost effective;

£70 for two OEM ones every two years
£230 one off payment for the uprated ones.

so that's just over 6 years to pay for themselves. If they last that long (and I suspect they will given they have less travel and therefore less plastic deformation) then they cost effectively the same as the OEM mounts.

It is not just about like for like part replacement costs, you have to factor in fitting times or costs. I would charge £130 to fit a pair of standard ones, plus the £70 part purchase which makes it a no brainer if you don't fit yourself. Pays for itself in two sets of OE.

My interest is more of a longevity/reliability/performance gain. I cannot afford a standard mount to tear itself in half in competition as it will mean a lost weekend.

#255 alanoo

alanoo

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 04:09 PM

imho, in racing use, driveshafts are more an issue than mounts; But I agree with all that have been said, price is fair, and each of use seriously "racing" our cars will pay this... I just doubt we are talking of more than 10 or 15 persons.

#256 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• 13,353 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 04:12 PM

I reserve judgement for now but I would think these should be on every VX that is tracked.

#257 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 04:14 PM

£130 to replace engine mounts is a little pricey :lol:

#258 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 04:17 PM

I must have too much mechanical sympathy. Slindborg replaced one set of broken mounts 5 years ago (which were knackered when I bought the car) and I haven't broken one since. Even when I thought I had last year (still haven't found that knock), they turned out to be fine and it was only my ham fistedness at removing one of them that sheared the stud in it and meant replacing them. I've still got a set of the VibraTechnics mounts in the garage that I bottled out of fitting at the time. :rolleyes:

#259 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 04:19 PM

i think you will go through mounts every year or 2 years if you dont have the poly bushes front and rear. if you have these fitted then i suspect you will go through them every 3ish to 4 years imo but then i dont drive everyday. although i do drive like a coooont that saying i will have a set of them :D

#260 Duncan VXR

Duncan VXR

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 04:22 PM

Techi you need torque to do them damage :P Are yours the road or track spec ones? Want to sell them? After more than 1 set DG

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users