Photo

Cliffie Double Time Attack 2012+13 Champion!

• Please log in to reply
4350 replies to this topic

#2621 Hark

Hark

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,443 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:42 PM

You look so calm and collected. Awesome.

#2622 SteveA

SteveA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,151 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:26 PM

Finally NickB for the loan of Weapon X. Possibly the worst kept secret in VX land (cheers to all who knew but kept it off the forum). The Harrop turned our season around and took us from 286BHP to 333BHP and that was what we needed.

As soon as I saw your RL data I thought, jesus you've got some power there :lol: I figured you didn't want people to know ;)

#2623 smiley

smiley

Thetan level 15

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,427 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:59 PM

The Harrop turned our season around and took us from 286BHP to 333BHP and that was what we needed.

Since there is a bhp, i asume there is also a torque number?
Just a bolt on/replace M62, no phenolic spacer, or extra cooling setup?

#2624 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:26 PM

Just limited by fuel pump.

#2625 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,353 posts
  • Interests:Weaving weasels woolly hats.

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:36 AM

Finally NickB for the loan of Weapon X. Possibly the worst kept secret in VX land (cheers to all who knew but kept it off the forum). The Harrop turned our season around and took us from 286BHP to 333BHP and that was what we needed.

As soon as I saw your RL data I thought, jesus you've got some power there :lol: I figured you didn't want people to know ;)

Bang on Steve. We knew this thread was being watched as we were watching Passion Ford and we wanted weapon X kept under the radar.

#2626 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• 13,353 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:39 AM

The Harrop turned our season around and took us from 286BHP to 333BHP and that was what we needed.

Since there is a bhp, i asume there is also a torque number?
Just a bolt on/replace M62, no phenolic spacer, or extra cooling setup?

There is a Torque figure in the 270 bracket.

We already had a phenolic spacer for the M62 and the charge cooling was already on the money with a bigger charge cooling rad and triple pass. As Techie says, we were limited on fuel pressure as I don't run a swirl pot or external 044 otherwise we could have dropped pulley size and pushed to about 360BHP.

#2627 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• 13,353 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:39 AM

You look so calm and collected. Awesome.

You can only see my eyes...

#2628 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• 13,353 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:42 AM

it was the scariest moment I have had in a car on track.

Tha's some statement Mike!!! Wasn't Le Mans scarier!! You had momentum on your side here where in Le Mans the car was trying to straighten up and ping you into a wall at MEGA speed!!! Either way I firmly believe you have more lives than a cat!! :lol:

Meow!!!

I was thinking about this last night and I know exactly why this was scarier than Le Mans.

I can now recall what was going through my mind as the car broke away, headed for the wall and hit the grass and this is what made it scarier.

At Le Mans, I was only looking at losing the VX, at Snetterton It was losing the championship before losing the VX.

#2629 JimmyJamJerusalem

JimmyJamJerusalem

So annoying I got my own room.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,382 posts
  • Interests:Music, Cars, Beer, Boxing.

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:45 AM

Worth considering too that the Vbox doesn't ever portray the full extent ofthe drama or give you an idea of the drift angles the car went through. Think it's because the camera is mounted so far forward..... You can only get a real sense of the drama by watching the pip camera facIng Mike directly. Scary stuff!!

#2630 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• 13,353 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:56 AM

I think this one is qualifying from the Saturday on the 300 circuit. Certainly this is post Jimmy's debrief.

#2631 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,611 posts
  • Interests:french maids

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:01 AM

the gearbox didn't sound very happy either

#2632 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• 13,353 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:02 AM

This is Snetterton 200 on Sunday Morning, not sure if it is warm up or practice though. If I am mooching round it will be warm up, if I am on it I guess that will make it practice.

#2633 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• 13,353 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:02 AM

Nope, due for a rebuild as 4th is crunchy up and down the box. Been like that since Brands.

#2634 NickB787

NickB787

Gone but not forgotten

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,813 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:10 AM

The Harrop sounds sooooooooooooooooo much better than the M62

(in that you can hear it far less :D)

It has a tone of it's own doesn't it!! Sounds great!! Just wish I had the money to buy one.

I was really impressed with how quiet it was, don't normally get to hear it.

Go on Jimmy you know you want one :D

Bang on Steve. We knew this thread was being watched as we were watching Passion Ford and we wanted weapon X kept under the radar.

Really pleased to have helped. When I knew CMS had sorted the ecu out in July I decided to offer the Harrop to Mike. I knew I couldn't, due family commitments and work, do anything on my car till this Sept. So what's a few more weeks without the car, only been two years anyway :o I thought it would be more use to him than sat on the drive in my car.

But now we can post about it

Can I have my Harrop BACK PLEASE :lol: :lol:

Booked in to CMS early next month can't wait :D

#2635 NickB787

NickB787

Gone but not forgotten

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,813 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:12 AM

Nope, due for a rebuild as 4th is crunchy up and down the box. Been like that since Brands.

Hope I'm not going to have trouble with it, is there a stronger one out there available if we do? what was wrong with the previous ones Mike?

#2636 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• 13,353 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:12 AM

The Harrop sounds sooooooooooooooooo much better than the M62

(in that you can hear it far less :D)

It has a tone of it's own doesn't it!! Sounds great!! Just wish I had the money to buy one.

I was really impressed with how quiet it was, don't normally get to hear it.

Go on Jimmy you know you want one :D

Really pleased to have helped. When I knew CMS had sorted the ecu out in July I decided to offer the Harrop to Mike. I knew I couldn't, due family commitments and work, do anything on my car till this Sept. So what's a few more weeks without the car, only been two years anyway :o I thought it would be more use to him than sat on the drive in my car.

But now we can post about it

Can I have my Harrop BACK PLEASE :lol: :lol:

Booked in to CMS early next month can't wait :D

I will whip it off this weekend Nick.

#2637 JimmyJamJerusalem

JimmyJamJerusalem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,382 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:29 AM

I think this one is qualifying from the Saturday on the 300 circuit. Certainly this is post Jimmy's debrief.

Defo qualis. That was the best turn 1 (throttle wise), infield and Nelson but turn 2 lost time and you were quicker through Corum the day after. Still gutted we didn't get the track space we wanted in the final as all you really had to do was tidy up your quali lap and push your braking a little and you were on for an EPIC lap time!!!!

#2638 JimmyJamJerusalem

JimmyJamJerusalem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,382 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:37 AM

Hmmm don't remember seeing Bo at the end of the hot qualis lap.... Where are you lifting these files from Mike...? They're all named on your laptop yeah?

#2639 J4EY D

J4EY D

Bob Maloogaloogaloogaloogalooga

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,236 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:45 AM

When that moment happened all i could hear was george.... "Noooooooooooooooo!!!" then when you saved it "YEEEEAAAAHHHHH Go On Mike!!!!!" :lol: Then i thought, if Mrs Cliffie has seen that then Mike isn't going to be allowed to drive ever again!! :lol: It also reminded me i really need some driver training! :blush:

#2640 chris_uk

chris_uk

I Fancy Joe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:45 AM

for the 300 they are all in the folder 'time attack' on your desktop, just follow the folder structure and you will find them named, the 200 vis are in a folder called 'vbox snet' on your desktop and are not named but just look for the biggest file size.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users