Photo

Cliffie Double Time Attack 2012+13 Champion!

• Please log in to reply
4350 replies to this topic

#2661 JimmyJamJerusalem

JimmyJamJerusalem

So annoying I got my own room.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,382 posts
  • Interests:Music, Cars, Beer, Boxing.

Posted 25 September 2012 - 11:27 AM

Lucky sod, wish I could afford to go out again!!!! Mrs would chop my balls off :lol:

George he'd be in club again. There were no strikes and moving up to Pro would be a bad choice so club for sure!

Would be mad having two VX's out there as as you know there is already a confirmed VX entry (not me).

Looking at the Pro 2WD times towards the end of the season (post weapon X), I would be able to mix it up with Romaine and Gerry for sure but not even 100% in. Need to get sponsors on board first.

You'd be in club pro rwd against Jamie's Exige.... Moving to Pro would make no sense.

#2662 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,353 posts
  • Interests:Weaving weasels woolly hats.

Posted 25 September 2012 - 11:33 AM

Lucky sod, wish I could afford to go out again!!!! Mrs would chop my balls off :lol:

George he'd be in club again. There were no strikes and moving up to Pro would be a bad choice so club for sure!

Would be mad having two VX's out there as as you know there is already a confirmed VX entry (not me).

Looking at the Pro 2WD times towards the end of the season (post weapon X), I would be able to mix it up with Romaine and Gerry for sure but not even 100% in. Need to get sponsors on board first.

You'd be in club pro rwd against Jamie's Exige.... Moving to Pro would make no sense.

No point at all in going up against Jamie I agree, why could we not just go to Pro and duke it out with Romaine, Gerry and Gordon on slicks.

#2663 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• 13,353 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 11:33 AM

No point at all in going up against Jamie I agree, why could we not just go to Pro and duke it out with Romaine, Gerry and Gordon on slicks.

We could have Nitrous...

#2664 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,611 posts
  • Interests:french maids

Posted 25 September 2012 - 11:34 AM

So could they

#2665 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 11:35 AM

Hope you budget 1500-2000 for upgrading the cylinder bores then ;)

#2666 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• 13,353 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 11:48 AM

Hope you budget 1500-2000 for upgrading the cylinder bores then ;)

Ah, maybe not then.

#2667 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 11:52 AM

Either that or use nos instead of a harrop an stay under 400?

#2668 chris_uk

chris_uk

I Fancy Joe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 11:57 AM

i wouldn't bother looking at pro, look at their sponsors, look at their money outlay to keep the cars competitive.. unless you win the lottery or have a very generous sponsor i just cant see pro happening. id stick where we are personally. id rather fight for a win in club than fight for a podium in pro

#2669 Mangham54

Mangham54

Wannabe....

• 12,034 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:04 PM

i wouldn't bother looking at pro, look at their sponsors, look at their money outlay to keep the cars competitive.. unless you win the lottery or have a very generous sponsor i just cant see pro happening.

id stick where we are personally.

id rather fight for a win in club than fight for a podium in pro

If the sponsors would support chasing a podium, then I would have thought Pro would have to be the next target. With a Club Championship Title behind you, I would have thought sponsorship may be a bit more fruitful next season (from the non-VX.org lot) and allow you to push even further down the prep and mod route.

#2670 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• 13,353 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:11 PM

i wouldn't bother looking at pro, look at their sponsors, look at their money outlay to keep the cars competitive.. unless you win the lottery or have a very generous sponsor i just cant see pro happening.

id stick where we are personally.

id rather fight for a win in club than fight for a podium in pro

If the sponsors would support chasing a podium, then I would have thought Pro would have to be the next target. With a Club Championship Title behind you, I would have thought sponsorship may be a bit more fruitful next season (from the non-VX.org lot) and allow you to push even further down the prep and mod route.

My first aim would be to raise the £££ before I can commit to anything.

Agreed, Club is the way forward.

#2671 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:16 PM

That's a good point actually should give pro ago if costs allow

#2672 Sutol

Sutol

Well it's nearly a Lotus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,121 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:19 PM

I think to have a few more competitors in Club RWD would be a better

#2673 Scuffers

Scuffers

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:31 PM

We could have Nitrous...

with respect, that's not going to help you...

consider the times from Jamie's car this weekend is no where near what it's ultimately capable off.... (and that's before we bolt a set of slicks onto it...)

Edited by Scuffers, 25 September 2012 - 02:32 PM.

#2674 rob999

rob999

Cat in a Hat

• 12,795 posts
  • Interests:Footy, Tennis, Fire.

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:48 PM

Screw thinking about next season yet....enjoy this win first! You'll be due a nice big article by Performance Vauxhall a'la Jimmy...

#2675 Scuffers

Scuffers

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:17 PM

Looking at the field this weekend (the first time I actually have spent a day looking), power is not what's holding Mike back.

#2676 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:20 PM

What do you think is?

#2677 G-Bob

G-Bob

Embarrassing VX's in an MX5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,256 posts
  • Interests:Silver VX Bashing!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:25 PM

I think that with Weapon X, Cliffe has more than enough power to stay with the other guys and it's more of a consistency thing. But then again, I know nothing.

#2678 LY_Scott

LY_Scott

Formerly LY055SCO

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,221 posts
  • Interests:Stock Car Racing. Sailing, Good Food and Drink! Celtic, Scottish National Team. Bands

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:31 PM

What do you think is?

:yeahthat:

#2679 Scuffers

Scuffers

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:34 PM

What do you think is?

well, looking at the straight line speeds compared to Jamie's, there's sod all in it, yet Jamie's car was 10 sec's a lap faster over a lap (on the 300 layout).

what does that say to you?

#2680 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• 13,353 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:41 PM

What do you think is?

well, looking at the straight line speeds compared to Jamie's, there's sod all in it, yet Jamie's car was 10 sec's a lap faster over a lap (on the 300 layout).

what does that say to you?

I know exactly what is holding me back. Talent.

Scuffers is too polite to say this but driver talent. Look at what Jimmy found for me... 6 seconds on the 300 in the dry. 6 Seconds in a lap lastong what 2m 10sec. That is an age. Imagine how much more could be found on all circuits with proper driver training.

I have no doubt Scuffers could have dome a sub 2 mins in my car.

That is the difference between the great and the good.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users