Photo

Cliffie Double Time Attack 2012+13 Champion!

• Please log in to reply
4350 replies to this topic

#3401 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,353 posts
  • Interests:Weaving weasels woolly hats.

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:58 PM

If your sat there smacking your hand against your face because the suject in question is such an easy to understand topic and im so fcuking thick please next time try jumping in and explaining things in a layman way so its easy for me to understand..

No worries I don't mean to be nasty.... I just want to make the point that you can't have it both ways.....

You can't ask someone to explain something to you.... then have a go at them because you can't understand what they have very kindly taken the time to try and explain!

That's all.

The point here is that Chris and others on here are bright blokes and know their cars well. Chris was one of the team that spannered the last two Time Attack efforts so he knows his way round the VX

He is keen to learn more and knows there are some on here that know more. What is needed is for those who do know more to explain things in terms he can understand and when he questions what is written, it isnt an argument, it is him trying to understand.

At least he is brave enough to ask; me, I just do a Darronwall.

Edited by Cliffie, 13 March 2013 - 08:58 PM.

#3402 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• 13,353 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:26 PM

Hi there, just to briefly introduce myself, I'm Jamie and will also be doing Time Attack next year, although not in a VX, but in an S1 Exige. I spoke to a couple of you at Brands this year and was told I'd be welcome on these forums, what with our cars having the same DNA and that.

Anyway, I'm reading all this with great interest, as there isn't really that much Time Attack related stuff going on over on seloc and the like and I really like all the interest in it over on here along with all the help you guys seem to give each other.

I'll be in the Pro Class with my car next year, not out of choice, but out of necessity due to tyres. I was promoted from Club in 2010 up to Club Pro RWD and won that, which is where I'd really like to stay. However they will most likely be on Tropheos and there aren't any that fit 16 and 17's. Therefore, I have no choice but to go on full slicks in Pro. To say it'll be a challenge is an understatement, as I'll have no more power than last year, no experience on slicks which will also be the wrong compound for me and no practise this year. Anyway, I'm sure it'll be loads of fun and I'm very busy at the moment rebuilding the car.

I'll be camping at every event, same as last year, along with one friend who helps me out. Neither of us are brilliant with the spanners, although we try to do us much stuff ourselves as possible. Don't be surprised if I come along asking for help!!!!

Anyway, assuming I'm welcome, I'm looking forward to having a few more people in similar cars to banter with and wish you guys the best of luck.

Jamie

That feels like a lifetime ago now Jamie.

#3403 Firthy

Firthy

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:19 PM

If your sat there smacking your hand against your face because the suject in question is such an easy to understand topic and im so fcuking thick please next time try jumping in and explaining things in a layman way so its easy for me to understand..

No worries I don't mean to be nasty.... I just want to make the point that you can't have it both ways.....

You can't ask someone to explain something to you.... then have a go at them because you can't understand what they have very kindly taken the time to try and explain!

That's all.

The point here is that Chris and others on here are bright blokes and know their cars well. Chris was one of the team that spannered the last two Time Attack efforts so he knows his way round the VX

He is keen to learn more and knows there are some on here that know more. What is needed is for those who do know more to explain things in terms he can understand and when he questions what is written, it isnt an argument, it is him trying to understand.

At least he is brave enough to ask; me, I just do a Darronwall.

Oh for sure... and I'm sure they will..... I was just pointing out (again just my opinion and that's all it is) I would avoid the insult before asking the question. Chris has got to remember that as much as he is getting frustrated so is the person that is very kindly trying to help him....

Awesome thread though this....... I just want to keep it that way. Say what you like about Scuffers he's prepared to put his money where his mouth is so to speak..... he came on here and told us the hubs & shocks would make you faster and fair play he's gone and stuck the hubs & shocks on your car!

In my book that says a lot........ and as a result I can't wait to follow the progress on both cars through the season like all the rest of us on here.

Edited by Firthy, 13 March 2013 - 10:23 PM.

#3404 GeorgeBC

GeorgeBC

Needs a cheaper hobby

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,138 posts
  • Interests:Cars and mountain biking

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:23 PM

Would of been good to compare the new stuff without the new shocks to see the difference. Im sure you would of been a lot quicker last year if it wasnt for a certain set of shitty shocks!

#3405 chris_uk

chris_uk

I Fancy Joe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:44 PM

Would of been good to compare the new stuff without the new shocks to see the difference. Im sure you would of been a lot quicker last year if it wasnt for a certain set of shitty shocks!

nothing wrong with them shocks.. :P

#3406 GeorgeBC

GeorgeBC

Needs a cheaper hobby

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:59 PM

Lol

#3407 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:00 PM

Shocks are like a chocolate teapot in the desert

#3408 MAXR

MAXR

I’m jealous of Batman’s driving skills

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,719 posts
  • Interests:Tennis, Golf, classic Ferrari's

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:17 AM

Shocks are like a chocolate teapot in the desert

Joe, Stop sniffing your pants & keep taking the pills!

#3409 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• 13,353 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:03 AM

The same shitty shocks that won the Elise Trophy as well as TA.

#3410 chris_uk

chris_uk

I Fancy Joe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:11 AM

George.. What shocks were you using when you couldnt keep up with me on the way home that time? :P

#3411 GeorgeBC

GeorgeBC

Needs a cheaper hobby

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:17 AM

Golds. Just because yours havent fallen apart yet Chris i dont know how you can try and defend them. I was just saying it would be interesting to see Mikes new bits on the old shocks so we could see the difference that they make, not to stir sh*t up ill leave that to Joe :lol: . As for keeping up with you on the road that got all a bit silly around bends we didnt know.

#3412 chris_uk

chris_uk

I Fancy Joe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:23 AM

Golds!! wow they did pretty well then! must be a decent shock! lol Im only winding you up. :) I agree it would of been interesting to see.. :)

#3413 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:03 AM

So why aren't you using such a competition winning shock? :D Where's scuffers when you need him :poke:

#3414 chris_uk

chris_uk

I Fancy Joe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:12 AM

Who? George is on 46's i believe now and im on the gaz monos but I have honestly had no problems with my monos, i check the clicks (what went on mikes) regulary and they never dissapear. Maybe i got a good set? Lol

#3415 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:16 AM

Cliffie obviously! To be honest no one can defend a shock that breaks so often.

#3416 chris_uk

chris_uk

I Fancy Joe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:24 AM

Oh i see what you meant now. Lol Tbh, id rather have a worse component (shock or whatever) with good reliability than something that works well but is prone to failing.

Edited by chris_uk, 14 March 2013 - 10:25 AM.

#3417 J4EY D

J4EY D

Bob Maloogaloogaloogaloogalooga

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,236 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:38 AM

Nearly a year down and mine haven't broke yet :) *runs outside to check clicks*

#3418 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:49 AM

Oh i see what you meant now. Lol

Tbh, id rather have a worse component (shock or whatever) with good reliability than something that works well but is prone to failing.

It's a better component if it doesn't fail.

#3419 chris_uk

chris_uk

I Fancy Joe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:10 AM

I meant, if you use shocks for example id rather have a reliable twin tube than superior monotube which is prone to failing.

#3420 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• 13,353 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:32 AM

Oh i see what you meant now. Lol

Tbh, id rather have a worse component (shock or whatever) with good reliability than something that works well but is prone to failing.

It's a better component if it doesn't fail.

Aint that the truth!

Can we please not turn this into a Gaz bashing thread?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users