Photo

Cliffie Double Time Attack 2012+13 Champion!

• Please log in to reply
4350 replies to this topic

#3721 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,353 posts
  • Interests:Weaving weasels woolly hats.

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:02 PM

I've just watched this vid back and it is difficult to see just how fast the VX is now. The speed this now hauls up and goes round corners is just astounding and I cannot believe just how much faster it is this year compared to last year.

#3722 MAXR

MAXR

I’m jealous of Batman’s driving skills

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,719 posts
  • Interests:Tennis, Golf, classic Ferrari's

Another great drive, another great result!

#3723 chris_uk

chris_uk

I Fancy Joe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts

he cant.. 

his pedal travels sooooo far to the floor its neigh on impossible to get a good toe and heal.. basically he needs a new master cylinder to cope with the larger brakes.

#3724 Goosenka

Goosenka

Jeep Driving jolly nice chap

• 12,716 posts
  • Interests:Fried breakfasts, coffee and dogs

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:07 PM

Superb. Such a difference to the way it drove from last year. Is your gear box still a bit crunchy??

#3725 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• 13,353 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:14 PM

Rob, the difference is night and day compared to the old set up. I need Jimmy, Dave and Max  to drive it and give their opinions as they will be unbiased.

The car is insanely fast and so stable compared to last year. The brakes are incredible and dropping the car as we have has made a massive step forward in cornering and turn in. 

I can properly recommend the GT uprights with a decent set of shocks on if anybody wants the ultimate track set up.

#3726 chris_uk

chris_uk

I Fancy Joe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:16 PM

i think we should look at getting some ground effect on the side skirts like the sister car.

#3727 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• 13,353 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:18 PM

I can still H&T even with the pedal travel, I just forget to do it sometimes and other times it suits me to have the back end loose.

#3728 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• 13,353 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:14 PM

Gearbox is fine Goose, the noise you can hear is the splitter on the floor.

#3729 Darcini

Darcini

There must be some way outa here

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:27 PM

Is your gear box still a bit crunchy??

Gearbox is fine Goose, the noise you can hear is the splitter on the floor.

Ha, thought it was the crunchy gearbox making a return appearance too! Epic result Mike, the car (and yourself) do look significantly faster. Well done all.

#3730 GeorgeBC

GeorgeBC

Needs a cheaper hobby

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,138 posts
  • Interests:Cars and mountain biking

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:33 PM

Theres no doubt your new elise parts shizzle is working a treat. I was so pleased with Darrons 1:37 and you blew that out of the water (as we expected before Joe pipes up reckoning i fancied are chances :lol:). People can argue about drivers abilities and what have you but i would like to think that pre harrop last year if we had gone to croft then there wouldn't be anything in it. Surely that proves the point of how much time your new bits and setup are giving you.

Once again well done Mike, top time! :)

#3731 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:36 AM

Well done buddy! Chuffed to bits for ya

#3732 MAXR

MAXR

I’m jealous of Batman’s driving skills

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,719 posts
  • Interests:Tennis, Golf, classic Ferrari's

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:07 AM

I'd love to have a blast in your car Mike & hope to be given a chance. I'm hoping to be back on track soon in the next month or so. I'm going to fit the GT uprights soon, but keep the M62. However, your car is in another league compared to any other track VX, in terms of aero, brakes, geo, stiffness, power & now with your behind the wheel experience. You should be the quickest by some margin through corners & especially down the straights where all the major time is made up. The last time I went out in my VX was at Snet with you last year, the time before was 6 months before that. I don't think Jimmy or Dave has had much track time either recently. It would be good to all book a track day this summer & get Darren, Chris, George, jimmy, joe, Dave, Paul, Haggi & all the usual trackers there for some proper track time fun? ...How fast you go on track is directly proportional to the amount of regular time spent pushing yourself & car above your comfort zone on the circuit.

#3733 Baron Von Scubadaddy

Baron Von Scubadaddy

STAGE 3.333333333333333333333333333333

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,643 posts
  • Interests:Girls, Cars,..... ! spending time asking questions about why my car won't work

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:23 AM

Fantastic Mike well done mate.

#3734 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,611 posts
  • Interests:french maids

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:40 AM

I would be concerned that by going even lower the gt uprights don't make the rear driveshaft angles any better.

#3735 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• 11,587 posts
  • Interests:Rock climbing, skiing, kayaking, surfing, mountaineering, budgies, chess, practical mechanics.

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:50 AM

I would be concerned that by going even lower the gt uprights don't make the rear driveshaft angles any better.

Thats a good point, maybe the next mod part on the scene will be offset (ie lowered) front+rear engine mounts and shorter side turret mounts so the whole engine can be lowered a few CM.

Edited by Nev, 13 May 2013 - 07:51 AM.

#3736 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• 13,353 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:03 AM

Theres no doubt your new elise parts shizzle is working a treat. I was so pleased with Darrons 1:37 and you blew that out of the water (as we expected before Joe pipes up reckoning i fancied are chances :lol:). People can argue about drivers abilities and what have you but i would like to think that pre harrop last year if we had gone to croft then there wouldn't be anything in it. Surely that proves the point of how much time your new bits and setup are giving you.

Once again well done Mike, top time! :)

Last season I was beating Umar by about a second with the M62 pre Harrop and I reckon we would have run a 1:37, maybe a mid 1:36 so not a lot in it no.

There is no getting away from the speed the EP Tuning bits have bought to the car and the driver.

#3737 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• 13,353 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:03 AM

Well done buddy! Chuffed to bits for ya

Cheers Batman, still missing you circuit side Dude.

#3738 chris_uk

chris_uk

I Fancy Joe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:08 AM

Next year is the year for trackdays for me. :) cant wait!!

#3739 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• 13,353 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:09 AM

I'd love to have a blast in your car Mike & hope to be given a chance. I'm hoping to be back on track soon in the next month or so. I'm going to fit the GT uprights soon, but keep the M62. However, your car is in another league compared to any other track VX, in terms of aero, brakes, geo, stiffness, power & now with your behind the wheel experience. You should be the quickest by some margin through corners & especially down the straights where all the major time is made up. The last time I went out in my VX was at Snet with you last year, the time before was 6 months before that. I don't think Jimmy or Dave has had much track time either recently. It would be good to all book a track day this summer & get Darren, Chris, George, jimmy, joe, Dave, Paul, Haggi & all the usual trackers there for some proper track time fun? ...How fast you go on track is directly proportional to the amount of regular time spent pushing yourself & car above your comfort zone on the circuit.

Lets get something booked then; how about Oulton Park on the 19th July with Javelin Track Days; the day before Time Attack there?

#3740 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,611 posts
  • Interests:french maids

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:14 AM

would love to be there , but I'm at the national that weekend

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (1)