Photo

Cliffie Double Time Attack 2012+13 Champion!

• Please log in to reply
4350 replies to this topic

#3801 jules_s

jules_s

Iceman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,275 posts
  • Interests:Plane spotting

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:15 AM

Shame this thread has descended into Scuffers vs everybody...as most threads where SS inputs.

I for one appreciate his insight, however (and I've said it before) if you dont appreciate his forthright input on forums just don't bother rising to his 'fcuk you I know better' attitude

He really would be appreciated so much more if learned a bit of humility

Wont happen though

#3802 Scuffers

Scuffers

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 06:17 AM

kind of missing the point. developing stuff on a tight budget and timetables is always going to be interesting. the accusation was that this was an open checkbook job, well, i think it's pretty obvious it's not. oh, and a 458 gt3 is the other side of half a million pounds.

#3803 chris_uk

chris_uk

I Fancy Joe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 06:47 AM

Right. 1. I wasnt going on about an open check book. 2. We were talking sbout a 430 gt3 not a 458.

#3804 Scuffers

Scuffers

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:00 AM

Right. 1. I wasnt going on about an open check book. 2. We were talking sbout a 430 gt3 not a 458.

Jesus, that Elise looks like its had a blank cheque book thrown at it! As a matter of interest what has it had spent on it from being a basic Elise ?

and

430 GT3 was not £200K either, and I still think I am talking about a 458 GT3 in terms of times (only reason I quoted 430 time was that was the last time GT ran at Croft.)

Really don't get why this always has to be so hard work on here, pedantce seems to be the norm.

frankly, I am amazed anything get's done on here with this level of negativity.

let me remind you of why I pushed for doing the work on Mikes car, quite apart from EP's motivations, mine were far more simple, I have watched the VX community floundering about for over 10 years, and in that time, NOT A SINGLE CAR ever really managed to achieve anything like a respectable lap time anywhere, and it would appear, not for lack of trying or money being spent.

I got fed up with being told the VX is not an Elise and it's impossible to make one work, or this and that, etc. etc.

well, I think we have already well and truly blown that theory out the water with the basic work that was done on Mikes car, it;s not rocket science...

#3805 chris_uk

chris_uk

I Fancy Joe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:47 AM

Its hard work mate because you have zero capability of communicating over the forum. And "to put hard numbers to this, I did a 1:23.094 at the weekend, compare this with British GT's last visit to Croft, where the fastest lap of the weekend was Alan Simonsen (probably THE top GT driver on the planet at the moment) in a Ferrari 430 GT3 was a 1:23.019 - and, I have not driven Croft for 9 years, got zero testing done in the car or at the cct before hand, with no setup work, and I am not in the same league as Alan Simonsen driving wise."

Edited by chris_uk, 15 May 2013 - 07:51 AM.

#3806 cnrandall

cnrandall

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:08 AM

Jesus, that Elise looks like its had a blank cheque book thrown at it! As a matter of interest what has it had spent on it from being a basic Elise ?

and

430 GT3 was not £200K either, and I still think I am talking about a 458 GT3 in terms of times (only reason I quoted 430 time was that was the last time GT ran at Croft.)

Really don't get why this always has to be so hard work on here, pedantce seems to be the norm.

frankly, I am amazed anything get's done on here with this level of negativity.

let me remind you of why I pushed for doing the work on Mikes car, quite apart from EP's motivations, mine were far more simple, I have watched the VX community floundering about for over 10 years, and in that time, NOT A SINGLE CAR ever really managed to achieve anything like a respectable lap time anywhere, and it would appear, not for lack of trying or money being spent.

I got fed up with being told the VX is not an Elise and it's impossible to make one work, or this and that, etc. etc.

well, I think we have already well and truly blown that theory out the water with the basic work that was done on Mikes car, it;s not rocket science...

Errrm... I think my old shed is similar enough to a VX to have dispelled that myths years ago

#3807 Scuffers

Scuffers

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:16 AM

Its hard work mate because you have zero capability of communicating over the forum. And "to put hard numbers to this, I did a 1:23.094 at the weekend, compare this with British GT's last visit to Croft, where the fastest lap of the weekend was Alan Simonsen (probably THE top GT driver on the planet at the moment) in a Ferrari 430 GT3 was a 1:23.019 - and, I have not driven Croft for 9 years, got zero testing done in the car or at the cct before hand, with no setup work, and I am not in the same league as Alan Simonsen driving wise."

what is it with you?

458 did not exist in 2007 - what else was I supposed to use? (and 2007 is the last time BGT did Croft)

I do wish you could actually read what was put in-front of you and understand BEFORE posting yet more pedantic crap.

you  (and others) seem intent on being picky for the sake of being picky, and thus manage to miss the bigger picture all together.

OK, as you clearly have too much time on your hands, go find me a better comparison for a Croft laptime set by a road-based car.

#3808 chris_uk

chris_uk

I Fancy Joe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:22 AM

End of the day it makes no difference, you was implying your car was better than a purpose made gt3 car. In reality its just not is it.

Edited by chris_uk, 15 May 2013 - 08:26 AM.

#3809 cnrandall

cnrandall

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:33 AM

Its hard work mate because you have zero capability of communicating over the forum.

And

"to put hard numbers to this, I did a 1:23.094 at the weekend, compare this with British GT's last visit to Croft, where the fastest lap of the weekend was Alan Simonsen (probably THE top GT driver on the planet at the moment) in a Ferrari 430 GT3 was a 1:23.019 - and, I have not driven Croft for 9 years, got zero testing done in the car or at the cct before hand, with no setup work, and I am not in the same league as Alan Simonsen driving wise."

what is it with you?

458 did not exist in 2007 - what else was I supposed to use? (and 2007 is the last time BGT did Croft)

I do wish you could actually read what was put in-front of you and understand BEFORE posting yet more pedantic crap.

you  (and others) seem intent on being picky for the sake of being picky, and thus manage to miss the bigger picture all together.

OK, as you clearly have too much time on your hands, go find me a better comparison for a Croft laptime set by a road-based car.

http://www.timeattac...o-croft-round-2

;-)

#3810 chris_uk

chris_uk

I Fancy Joe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:35 AM

Help yourself scuffs.

http://www.smart-tim...files/Croft.pdf

#3811 cnrandall

cnrandall

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:37 AM

I'm on that... fame at last!

#3812 cnrandall

cnrandall

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:40 AM

This fcuker did a 23.5 http://www.flickr.co...in/photostream/

#3813 chris_uk

chris_uk

I Fancy Joe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:43 AM

I wonder if it had a rear ARB...

#3814 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• 13,353 posts
  • Interests:Weaving weasels woolly hats.

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:46 AM

1:24.629 Tom Chilton BTCC Ford Focus set in qualifying 2010 (300BHP and 1100kg)

#3815 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• 13,353 posts
  • Interests:Weaving weasels woolly hats.

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:48 AM

And it would be even quicker with a hot shoe in the drivers seat.

#3816 cnrandall

cnrandall

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:49 AM

Bobby Verdon Rowe in a Tuscan Challange 1:23.30 is pretty impressive too, considering how crude those things were.

#3817 chris_uk

chris_uk

I Fancy Joe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:55 AM

There are loads of cars that did a 1"23 / 1'24 which are all road based cars.. All i said scuffs was you cant insinuate that the elise modified by a couple of clever bods be in the same league as a multi million pound r&d project, be it ferrari, mclaren, porsche, lamborghini etc etc. Stop being so defensive all the time

#3818 JimmyJamJerusalem

JimmyJamJerusalem

So annoying I got my own room.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,382 posts
  • Interests:Music, Cars, Beer, Boxing.

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:01 AM

I have watched the VX community floundering about for over 10 years, and in that time, NOT A SINGLE CAR ever really managed to achieve anything like a respectable lap time anywhere, and it would appear, not for lack of trying or money being spent.

Scuff's why do you have to drag other people through the dirt to try and make yourself sound better...?  You really do put peoples noses out of joint with your attitude.  Mine now being one of them, cheers!

In 2011 I had a season budget of less than the cost of the pre-season upgrades to Mikes car this year, let alone his overall season cost when the dust settles.  I managed to buy a trailer and pay my entry fee out of that and completed a whole season on ONE set of tyres.  And won (in my rookie year).  So don't sit there mouthing off about how nobody's achieved anything in the Pre-Scuffers VX era because that's absolute rubbish!!  Ok so lap times are not in the league of a driver in your capability but that's pretty much down to your capability and money.  With a better car below me I'd be pushing times you would deem respectable but the fact is it comes down to money I don't have.  What you've done to Mikes car isn't basic; it's EPIC  but It's not just about the EP products you've dropped on it as you are making out (this whole marketing exercise is bollocks) as so much of it depends on the work that you've done on the car that isn't included on the EP website and would require further investment to.....  Oh yeah, YOU.

You're a skilled bloke but you have the communication skills of Kim Jong-Un!  Oh and sorry to be pedantic but you spelled pedants wrong.

#3819 Scuffers

Scuffers

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:16 AM

so, what your saying is that in the last 10+ years, nobody has spent any real money on a VX ?

History does not bear this out.

and why do you feel i was having a go at your efforts?

It was more aimed at peoppe who have been selling sh*t to the VX market for years. there are plenty of people who have spent big money on VX's over the years...

#3820 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,611 posts
  • Interests:french maids

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:22 AM

maybe if there had been a VX220 racing series from day one , then there would be more race focused developments.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users