Photo

Cliffie Double Time Attack 2012+13 Champion!

• Please log in to reply
4350 replies to this topic

#3821 Winstar

Winstar

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,264 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:32 AM

so, what your saying is that in the last 10+ years, nobody has spent any real money on a VX ?

History does not bear this out.

and why do you feel i was having a go at your efforts?

It was more aimed at peoppe who have been selling sh*t to the VX market for years. there are plenty of people who have spent big money on VX's over the years...

I'd say no not with the intent of making a race car* the majority of the money that's been spent on VX's has been in the pursuit of extracting power.

*TMS's efforts were always massivly comprimised by the fact al JT wanted to do was use it as a oportunity to market the products he sold

maybe if there had been a VX220 racing series from day one , then there would be more race focused developments.

or they were still allowed in the Lotus on track  stuff

Edited by Winstar, 15 May 2013 - 09:33 AM.

#3822 cnrandall

cnrandall

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:32 AM

maybe if there had been a VX220 racing series from day one , then there would be more race focused developments.

VX's were allowed in LOTRDC back in the day, unfortunately there was a personality clash between the VX preparers and the organisers and they got outed.  One of the reasons why I did my Europa is because a certain somebody declared that the VXT was hampered by the regs and could never do well etc so I built the Europa to those same regs... I won its first race and was dominant in short order.

#3823 Scuffers

Scuffers

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:38 AM

IT  DOES SEEM LIKE SOME PEOPLE NEED A HISTORY LEASON...

SORRY FOR THE CAPS, PHONES CRAPED OUT!

#3824 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,353 posts
  • Interests:Weaving weasels woolly hats.

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:47 AM

I would like to think I am doing positive things again this season where the VX220 is concerned. Jimmy started the ball rolling in 2011 and achieved great results winning the championship and beating some pretty stiff opposition in the process. I came off the back of that success and entered in 2012 and again won the championship, another great result against some pretty good opposition. This year we have (thanks to you Simon and Geary and EP Tuning/VX220parts.com) have upped the game again and upped the class thus upping the competition and challenge. Nobody here is denying that the upgrades I have for this season have transformed the car and expectations are much higher but we mustn't lose site of one important fact. I care not what a BTCC car nor a GT3 car or even Randy's car has run lap time wise at any given circuit. It really isn't relevant in Time Attack, what I care about is the laptimes of Charlie, Bo, Romain, Dave and Richard as that is what I have to beat and that is what wins or loses a championship. This is not the place to aim swipes at companies who have been supplying stuff to the VX market. The penetration to those companies I wager will be nil through this thread. The people who do read this thread are those interested in how I do, those involved in what I do and those who may want to do something similar as well as friends. I can now confidently state that the combination of the EP uprights, Quantum dampers, EP tuning brakes and Scuffers support have transformed my VX and made it substantially quicker and I am getting more and more confidence in the car and what it can do. What I want to be able to do after the season has finished is get the chance to put some of you serious track day guys in the drivers seat so you can feel and see for yourselves. This is not marketing babble and not part of the sponsorship deal, I hope it will be a realised opportunity to prove these parts work.

#3825 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,611 posts
  • Interests:french maids

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:55 AM

I do remember the LOTRDC first season, I drove mine at the very first test day at Brands with them 9-2-2007 , remember chasing Hans Baumhardt and Andrew Kell.

#3826 Scuffers

Scuffers

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:59 AM

I do remember the LOTRDC first season, I drove mine at the very first test day at Brands with them 9-2-2007 , remember chasing Hans Baumhardt and Andrew Kell.

so i dont have to remind you what happened to the 3 VX's then....

#3827 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,611 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:02 AM

I have blanked that from memory , good to see Tom doing well in his 211

#3828 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,611 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:03 AM

didn't a Honda Elise catch fire then , seem to remember the driver putting it out with his jacket.

#3829 chris_uk

chris_uk

I Fancy Joe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:21 AM

Well do tell us what happened.

#3830 Winstar

Winstar

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,264 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:23 AM

as said above engineered by a Lawyer to maximise his profits nothing to do with getting a car that would win.

#3831 JimmyJamJerusalem

JimmyJamJerusalem

So annoying I got my own room.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,382 posts
  • Interests:Music, Cars, Beer, Boxing.

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:24 AM

Simon. You made a blanket comment about ALL VX's that have competed. On that basis I took offence as I was implicated. If your gripe was elsewhere please be clearer as you constantly upset people on here with this abrasive nature. That is far more damaging for this forum than sh*t suspension thumbsup I do concede however that what you're doing for the VX220 is fantastic and long shall it continue just please for the love of god take a chill pill or else your hard work will be overshadowed!

#3832 cnrandall

cnrandall

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:32 PM

I would like to think I am doing positive things again this season where the VX220 is concerned. Jimmy started the ball rolling in 2011 and achieved great results winning the championship and beating some pretty stiff opposition in the process. I came off the back of that success and entered in 2012 and again won the championship, another great result against some pretty good opposition. This year we have (thanks to you Simon and Geary and EP Tuning/VX220parts.com) have upped the game again and upped the class thus upping the competition and challenge. Nobody here is denying that the upgrades I have for this season have transformed the car and expectations are much higher but we mustn't lose site of one important fact. I care not what a BTCC car nor a GT3 car or even Randy's car has run lap time wise at any given circuit. It really isn't relevant in Time Attack, what I care about is the laptimes of Charlie, Bo, Romain, Dave and Richard as that is what I have to beat and that is what wins or loses a championship. This is not the place to aim swipes at companies who have been supplying stuff to the VX market. The penetration to those companies I wager will be nil through this thread. The people who do read this thread are those interested in how I do, those involved in what I do and those who may want to do something similar as well as friends. I can now confidently state that the combination of the EP uprights, Quantum dampers, EP tuning brakes and Scuffers support have transformed my VX and made it substantially quicker and I am getting more and more confidence in the car and what it can do. What I want to be able to do after the season has finished is get the chance to put some of you serious track day guys in the drivers seat so you can feel and see for yourselves. This is not marketing babble and not part of the sponsorship deal, I hope it will be a realised opportunity to prove these parts work.

Well said.  Make sure you give yourself a pat on the back in amongst this too.  From the vids your driving was way smoother and controlled that I have ever seen before, its obvious you have been putting the effort in and now reaping the rewards.

#3833 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• 13,353 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:44 PM

Well said.  Make sure you give yourself a pat on the back in amongst this too.  From the vids your driving was way smoother and controlled that I have ever seen before, its obvious you have been putting the effort in and now reaping the rewards.

Thanks Chris. A lot of the driving improvements are down to Scuffers, Chris and JimmyJam to be honest.

Edited by Cliffie, 15 May 2013 - 01:44 PM.

#3834 cnrandall

cnrandall

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:58 PM

And... your willingness to learn and apply yourself.  Motorsport is all about attitude, if you put the effort in, remain open to learning and genuinely learn from your mistakes you will do well  thumbsup

#3835 Crabash

Crabash

Scared

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:59 PM

You only have to walk down the back of the garages and see the cars and teams Mike and Simon are up against, some of them really do seem to have open checkbooks. Made me feel proud that our little toys (be it a vauxhall or lotus) are able to take these guys on and win with relatively little cash. I urge people to get along to whatever event they can manage, show some support and see for yourself.

And to see Mike reverting to a child when he got the time sheet that told him he won was great.

#3836 chris_uk

chris_uk

I Fancy Joe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 03:02 PM

It was all about the virtal laps mike ran for 2 hours the night before lol.

#3837 Crabash

Crabash

Scared

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 03:06 PM

It was all about the virtal laps mike ran for 2 hours the night before lol.

lol

What did you use btw.

Edited by Crabash, 15 May 2013 - 03:07 PM.

#3838 chris_uk

chris_uk

I Fancy Joe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 03:10 PM

Just shitty rfactor2, not a fantastic sim but was enough to learn the track as its quite accurate. I was at croft the week before so i could compare and see it was close enough to learn from and he went from knowing nothing at all to talking the corners through the morning of the ta.

#3839 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• 13,353 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 03:11 PM

It was very helpful Chris.

#3840 P11 COV

P11 COV

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,683 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Music, God, Family. Holidays.

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:24 PM

(thanks to you Simon and Geary and EP Tuning/VX220parts.com)

Your sounding like a seasoned F1 racer talking to the media :P

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users