Photo

Cliffie Double Time Attack 2012+13 Champion!

• Please log in to reply
4350 replies to this topic

#3841 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,353 posts
  • Interests:Weaving weasels woolly hats.

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:15 AM

Nitrous is now in and ready to fire; if the tress don't blur when I hit the gas my collection of Fast and Furious DVDs are up for grabs. Removed the tubby ears and wheel arches which got rubbed down and repainted in Satin black which should tidy things up a bit as the arches were still showing battle scars from my Snetterton rub with the tyre wall and the gel coat on the tubby ears was peeling like a Scotsman in Benidorm. Due to a reversing incident with the trailor after Croft, I have made a new splitter which I hope to mount up in the week with a little help from Wreelybro. I have to say, I am tired of pulling the front clam off now but mounting should be a whole lot easier thanks to Chris.

#3842 Dave E

Dave E

I LOVE SNETTERTON

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,116 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:51 AM

Nitrous is now in and ready to fire; if the tress don't blur when I hit the gas my collection of Fast and Furious DVDs are up for grabs..

I assume you've also fitted an 18 speed g/box for the full F&F effect :P

#3843 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• 13,353 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:55 AM

Nitrous is now in and ready to fire; if the tress don't blur when I hit the gas my collection of Fast and Furious DVDs are up for grabs..

And I have a laptop on the passenger seat. Can't wait for the floor to fall out and run a 48 second 1/4.

#3844 Dave E

Dave E

I LOVE SNETTERTON

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,116 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:12 AM

And I have a laptop on the passenger seat. Can't wait for the floor to fall out and run a 48 second 1/4.
Finally some real commitment to the project :rolleyes:

#3845 Scuffers

Scuffers

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:45 AM

Nitrous is now in and ready to fire; if the tress don't blur when I hit the gas my collection of Fast and Furious DVDs are up for grabs.

prepare to be disappointed then!  :lol:

#3846 chris_uk

chris_uk

I Fancy Joe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:59 AM

We dont need nos.. Un plumb it!! Lol Seriously tho. Atm we have 2 strikes against our name and with a possible third looking likely do we really want to be going even faster? Think about your engine. Can we really afford to rebuild it if anything goes wrong? We havent got the funding of the bigger teams to just fix it if it breaks. i do have a dislike for nos, its a bottom end killer and i just feel that atm we are doing fine without it infact were doing so fine we are in a situation to be bumped up a class because we are already too fast.. scuffs has proven that the car is capable of great lap times without nos and personally i dont think we need the extra power.. Maybe we could get scuffs to go through your data and give some advice on your driving styles or things your doing which you should/shouldnt be doing. Just Anything other than relying on nos to drop laptimes. I just have a bad feeling about nos.. Plus we dont really know how the engine will handle it, we are in uncharted territory atm with the engine, do we really want to risk a possible engine failure because we can pretend we are in fast and furious? End of the day its down to you of cause but i genuinely do not want it on the car, id rather it be reliable and slow than fast and possibly never finish a round. "If you want to finish first, first you must finish"

#3847 Scuffers

Scuffers

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:09 PM

Blimey! I agree!

ignoring NOS, the bigger problem here is the two strikes, at current rate, you will end up in 2WD Pro, and that's a problem.

yes, we could make your car faster so that you stand a chance in that class, but it's very much a moving goalpost, and it will also mean you loose the points lead you currently have, making winning the championship dam hard if not impossible.

way I see it, you have to drive to the times now, ie, don't post a time that's within 5%, no matter what others are doing, that way you don;t get bumped into the next class, and anybody that beets you, will get bumped.

Yes, I know this kind of goes against the grain, but you need to look at the bigger picture, you don't have the budget to go much faster (either in more mods or test time and tyres), so why go there?

#3848 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:13 PM

Blimey! I agree!

Posted Image

#3849 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:15 PM

Is Charlie on two strikes as well and in danger of getting bumped?

#3850 Scuffers

Scuffers

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:31 PM

Is Charlie on two strikes as well and in danger of getting bumped?

yes...

problem is the next class up are slow (relatively) and should be a lot faster so that this would not be a problem (basically, your looking at 3 evo's and a skyline.

that said, they would need to be doing better than 1:26.155 to be more than 5% ahead, and that's just not going to happen with their current pilots.

if he get's bumped into Clup Pro then he has 800+ hp Evo's to deal with, or if he get's bumped into Pro 2WD, the TVR is some 5 sec's up the road...

#3851 NickB787

NickB787

Gone but not forgotten

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,813 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:34 PM

don't want that Mike,

dump the nitrous and sell me the kit, only wanter the water bit of it

Edited by NickB777, 20 May 2013 - 01:35 PM.

#3852 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• 13,353 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:55 PM

Who do we need to beat again???

#3853 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• 11,587 posts
  • Interests:Rock climbing, skiing, kayaking, surfing, mountaineering, budgies, chess, practical mechanics.

Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:36 PM

Why is nitrous a bottom end killer in particular please ?

Edited by Nev, 20 May 2013 - 02:37 PM.

#3854 FLD

FLD

WANNABE MY LOVER

• 13,717 posts
  • Interests:Tugging my todger.

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:29 PM

Why is nitrous a bottom end killer in particular please ?

It creates quite a fast / viscious burn so it hammers rods and bearing shells.

ETA: obviously depends on the size of shot.  a 25bhp sneaky pete wouldn't be too bad but a couple of hundred shot used to mean rods and shells every 12 passes on the car I spannered.

Edited by FLD, 20 May 2013 - 03:31 PM.

#3855 Scuffers

Scuffers

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:50 PM

and that assumes the piston ring lands have not collapsed - let's not forget the engine was built as an NA engine....

Bigger bang = more shock pressure = broken bits 

#3856 chris_uk

chris_uk

I Fancy Joe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:56 PM

Blimey! I agree!  

I never ever though i would read those words in response to something i had written... (who is abusing scuffs login?)

#3857 vocky

vocky

• 11,969 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:56 PM

and that assumes the piston ring lands have not collapsed - let's not forget the engine was built as an NA engine....

Bigger bang = more shock pressure = broken bits 

I have to agree that Nitrous isn't in the engines best interest :sleep:

ps: it was built especially for high power SC (but less than 400 bhp due to the liners)

#3858 Baron Von Scubadaddy

Baron Von Scubadaddy

STAGE 3.333333333333333333333333333333

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,643 posts
  • Interests:Girls, Cars,..... ! spending time asking questions about why my car won't work

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:58 PM

Big fish

small pond

elbow the nos and win !

Tactics

tactics

tactics.

#3859 chris_uk

chris_uk

I Fancy Joe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:03 PM

i think now it has come down to how clever/smart we are and not how outright fast we are. 

#3860 VXT Tim

VXT Tim

No it's not a Lamborghini!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,421 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:59 PM

i think now it has come down to how clever/smart we are and not how outright fast we are. 
TA has something in common with F1

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users