Photo

Cliffie Double Time Attack 2012+13 Champion!

• Please log in to reply
4350 replies to this topic

#4081 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,587 posts
  • Interests:Rock climbing, skiing, kayaking, surfing, mountaineering, budgies, chess, practical mechanics.

Posted 21 July 2013 - 12:05 PM

Ah, I've just thought about it; it's probably deliberate to allow for rolling of the car to the left or right.

#4082 chris_uk

chris_uk

I Fancy Joe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 01:27 PM

fcuking LOL! 

its not deliberate at all, its just fcuked up when putting it on.

#4083 Scuffers

Scuffers

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 02:31 PM

fcuking LOL! 

its not deliberate at all, its just fcuked up when putting it on.

LOL!

#4084 Scuffers

Scuffers

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 02:39 PM

#4085 JG

JG

• 13,611 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 02:45 PM

thumbsup

#4086 Scuffers

Scuffers

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 02:54 PM

just spotted this one: ohps!

#4087 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• 13,353 posts
  • Interests:Weaving weasels woolly hats.

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:27 PM

I just didn't gel with Oulton like I did with Croft and we felt so far down on the power stakes this weekend.

Spin was my fault, we know why it happened and it was all driver error. Twas the corner before the one we now call Arnell.

#4088 JimJam21

JimJam21

• Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:08 PM

Hopefully that oil spilt from Saturday didn't contribute. It went everywhere. It was my first time round and i found it to be quite a difficult track to get used to but excellent fun at the same time :)

#4089 Exmantaa

Exmantaa

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,982 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:16 PM

What's with all that smoke when you leave the pits? :mellow:

#4090 Claws

Claws

Stage FA NA FTW!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,246 posts
  • Interests:Daft plastic cars

Posted 21 July 2013 - 11:05 PM

Mike, 90 points is better than a DNF. I can understand that you didn't get on with the circuit, it was a scorcher aswell... moving on to the next round thumbsup

#4091 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• 13,353 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:43 AM

Dunno, first time I have seen it. Maybe time for a compression check.

#4092 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• 13,353 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:46 AM

Mike, 90 points is better than a DNF. I can understand that you didn't get on with the circuit, it was a scorcher aswell... moving on to the next round thumbsup

Agreed and that is why we carried on through the day.

I pray this will be our woest performance of the season and that we can drop the round in favour of the next two where we can score maximums...

The oil on track from the Friday had nothing to do with my performance or my spins (as there were more than one), it was purely down to driver's interaction with the pedals and wheel.

I can see the delights of Croft and I loved the circuit; I simply didn't gel with it and I am glad it is out of the way.

#4093 JimmyJamJerusalem

JimmyJamJerusalem

So annoying I got my own room.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,382 posts
  • Interests:Music, Cars, Beer, Boxing.

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:51 AM

Congrats guys, Gutting Mike just missing a podium but points are points mate, you know how important it is to keep collecting points and be there at the end, who knows what will happen.....?

Well done to Scuffers too with second overall.  Some fast sections at Oulton so Renshaw's flying machine does well there.  Quite suprised to see you were quicker than Gavin through the speed traps, that is impressive but his sector 2 and 3 times just bled his way ahead....

How were the VX and Lotus...?  Any issues?

#4094 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• 13,353 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:04 AM

We had no issues at all Jimmy, just a poor driver who didn't get his act together round Oulton and a car that felt down on power.

T-Map time and a trip to North Walsham I fear.

#4095 chris_uk

chris_uk

I Fancy Joe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:09 AM

The vx had some issues on friday namely a fuel pump which stopped working on ignition but we think thats down to the fuel pump relay so we need to get another and see how we get on but other than that it ran pretty sweet all day. Sat saw a couple more probs, exhaust backbox just will not stay where its put so it keeps blowing which isnt ideal, had a couple throttle issues (map sensor related again) and we got a p1171 code which points to the fuel pump relay again. But other than that it ran fine. What needs to happen now is a full overhaul, strip everything right back, all the bodge jobs made this season need more permenant solutions sorting out, supercharger and manifold needs to come off and have a check and clean the laminovas etc. We need to go through the car bit by bit and just put it together that bit better, we also beed to make use of that scoop. Mike needs to have a word with that exhaust builder of his and get him to sort them exhaust probs out, get some new gaskets etc just for a refresh.

#4096 chris_uk

chris_uk

I Fancy Joe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:14 AM

Also, although we was down on power etc and mike not really gelling with the track his ideal lap (from practise and qual) was a 1'52.55 which isnt shabby at all. Imagine what we could do if the car was running 100%.

#4097 SteveA

SteveA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,151 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:18 AM

Twas the corner before the one we now call Arnell.

:lol:

The corner you were off at there is Druids. It is infamous and has caught some of the very best drivers out.  

#4098 chris_uk

chris_uk

I Fancy Joe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:41 AM

Steve its entirely my fault about the naming of that corner, we was on the sim thursday night just to get an idea of which corner comes when, we didnt know the corner names so i just said its arnell corner, and it just stuck. :)

#4099 Scuffers

Scuffers

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:05 AM

Well done to Scuffers too with second overall.  Some fast sections at Oulton so Renshaw's flying machine does well there.  Quite suprised to see you were quicker than Gavin through the speed traps, that is impressive but his sector 2 and 3 times just bled his way ahead....

How were the VX and Lotus...?  Any issues?

[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:13px;]highlights:[/color]

[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:13px;]Friday: Fuel pump failed[/color]
[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:13px;]Warm-Up: boost pipe departed from the turbo[/color]
[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:13px;]Practice: weird electrical issues [/color]
[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:13px;]Qualifying: engine miss-firing[/color]
[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:13px;]Final: more electrical weirdness (fuel damaged wiring to the gearbox) and a deflating front left tyre (puncture)[/color]

[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:13px;]I should have pulled in after 2 laps and had them checked, but also not sure we would have had the time to change and get back out.[/color]

#4100 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• 11,587 posts
  • Interests:Rock climbing, skiing, kayaking, surfing, mountaineering, budgies, chess, practical mechanics.

Posted 22 July 2013 - 12:00 PM

Dunno, first time I have seen it. Maybe time for a compression check.

I noticed that, quite possibly due to overfueling to compensate for high IATs perhaps?

If it is of any help, on a Klasen VXT stage 4 map (utilising a water to air CC matrix), the map starts putting more fuel in from 55 degree Centigrade. Bearing mind the laminovas in you car won't be as good as the normal Pro-Alloy IC, I would imagine that the trigger point for dumping more fuel in will be likely lower, maybe around 40 degree (at a guess). Hope that helps.

Do you have a IAT gauge in the cabin ?

Edited by Nev, 22 July 2013 - 12:03 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users