Photo

Cliffie Double Time Attack 2012+13 Champion!

• Please log in to reply
4350 replies to this topic

#481 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,353 posts
  • Interests:Weaving weasels woolly hats.

Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:48 AM

Posted Image

The same seats that i have... Not easy to fit into this car :happy:

Hopefully it will go in OK as I bought the specific subframe for it. I will be cross if it causes too many issues.

What did you do to fit the harness?

#482 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,611 posts
  • Interests:french maids

Posted 16 February 2012 - 09:01 AM

can you fix the mount points for the harness to the seat subframe/runners or do the regs state bolt sizes and minimum plate thickness for fixation points?

#483 Aerodynamic

Aerodynamic

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 06:14 PM

Another teasing look at the back end...

Posted Image

Does the scoop directly feed something?

Where can I buy this engin cover/hood?
BR, Per

#484 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 06:15 PM

you cant :(

#485 Aerodynamic

Aerodynamic

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:31 PM

Why can I not buy that one? I have to make my own design then. Have been thinking about doing this this summer or next autum.

#486 Baron Von Scubadaddy

Baron Von Scubadaddy

STAGE 3.333333333333333333333333333333

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,643 posts
  • Interests:Girls, Cars,..... ! spending time asking questions about why my car won't work

Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:48 PM

It's not that great any way :o Still needs more R an D No hingey action or means of attachement for non racing vx's I'm sure this will be resolved soon and maybe will appear in cf.................... :wub:

#487 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 11:28 PM

Why can I not buy that one?

It was a one off for the Thorney Motorsport Britcar race car and can't see Cliffie parting with it any time soon. If you really wanted one, I'm sure Thorney could probably sort you out but, the cost might be a little steep.

#488 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• 13,353 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:38 AM

Out of my cold dead hands after what they cost me and I don't just mean £££. The moulds do still exist and John Thorne has said he would remake some in either carbon or fibreglass. You can contact him direct and ask but be prepared for a steep bill.

#489 FLD

FLD

WANNABE MY LOVER

• 13,717 posts
  • Interests:Tugging my todger.

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:02 AM

I cant see why its so dear. Its a very crude pattern. It looks like a piece of 4" pattern board thats been shaped at the bottom and louvred with another piece rounded off and stuck on top for the scoop. An easy make for someone with the prototyping skills of BVSD :poke:. Then take a mould off and away you go. My guess on material cost for the back bit would be 150-200 quid to pattern and mould then probably 2-300 in carbon (100 quid in glass) for a moulding (these are material cost not inc labour). Alternatively if someone distracts cliffie and we could 'borrow' it....... :D

#490 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• 13,353 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:13 AM

The price charged by John is his business and if he gets business then happy days. If not then I doubt he will worry. I doubt the price he would charge will be based on material costs, more on development cost. I can't let the bits I have be used to take a mould from, it wouldn't be fair on John. Truth is, I want to be unique... :P

#491 FLD

FLD

WANNABE MY LOVER

• 13,717 posts
  • Interests:Tugging my todger.

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:20 AM

The price charged by John is his business and if he gets business then happy days. If not then I doubt he will worry. I doubt the price he would charge will be based on material costs, more on development cost.

This exactly why the price will be high. The labour and time involved will have to be charged to someone given its a business. Most of us give up our time freely (heaven knows why :rolleyes:)

#492 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• 13,353 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:25 AM

The price charged by John is his business and if he gets business then happy days. If not then I doubt he will worry. I doubt the price he would charge will be based on material costs, more on development cost.

This exactly why the price will be high. The labour and time involved will have to be charged to someone given its a business. Most of us give up our time freely (heaven knows why :rolleyes:)

I cannot stop anybody taking loads of photos and having a go themselves. I believe there are already roofs available.

#493 Baron Von Scubadaddy

Baron Von Scubadaddy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,643 posts
  • Interests:Girls, Cars,..... ! spending time asking questions about why my car won't work

Posted 18 February 2012 - 07:49 PM

FLD we need to talk.......

#494 Baron Von Scubadaddy

Baron Von Scubadaddy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,643 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 07:49 PM

I can't let the bits I have be used to take a mould from, it wouldn't be fair on John.

Truth is, I want to be unique... :P

oh that u r

#495 Aerodynamic

Aerodynamic

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 08:16 PM

Why can I not buy that one?

It was a one off for the Thorney Motorsport Britcar race car and can't see Cliffie parting with it any time soon. If you really wanted one, I'm sure Thorney could probably sort you out but, the cost might be a little steep.

This is why I will probably not buy it, if a thing is way to expensive.
then I can make a plug myself, I have found a design that looks even better then this, but I also like this design very much.
Maybe I cen send it over to UK when I have mademy own hood.
BR, Per

#496 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• 13,353 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 08:24 PM

Managed to snatch a couple of hours today, it was wet, cold and miserable and I didn't feel too constructive. I would like to say I whipped out the battery but that would be a lie. One of the three 10mm bolts on the clamp was spinning with the captive nut so I had to be brutal. Once that was off I used mole grips on the battery terminals as my battery did not have a handle. I reckon they could have made that harder... Next out was the heater and in one piece, and I bypassed the coolant run to delete the matrix. Next up was the front pads now the right ones had turned up. In they went but I couldn't fit the Ducati brake cooling kit as there is no way the backs would fit my discs. Heyho. Then I decided to fit the Tillett, what a bitch. Makes the battery look easy. It was like the hokey kokey it was in and out so much. It is in but I am not happy with it as it is now at a slight angle. I need to liaise with the 3J. Lastly it was time to bleed the clutch. Those that helped me pre Le Mans will understand why I have been putting this off. I have the same flywheel and the same clutch and the same 4:1.7 gearbox that caused us all so much grief. It bled up (sort of; I was on my own) and isn't pissing fluid everywhere. That was a massive relief, I can tell you. Tomorrow is drive shaft day, they are cleaned and prepped, then fill the gearbox with oil. Tuesday he is off for the cage and a few other bits so without him. I hope to have the dremmel meister over for a masterclass at some point.

Edited by JimmyJamJerusalem, 18 February 2012 - 08:59 PM.
Tillet not Tullet :)

#497 Baron Von Scubadaddy

Baron Von Scubadaddy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,643 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 08:41 PM

Mate this sounds like pain !!! do you need a hug ??

#498 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• 13,353 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 08:45 PM

Mate
this sounds like pain !!!
do you need a hug ??

I need a fried when it comes to bleeding.

#499 Baron Von Scubadaddy

Baron Von Scubadaddy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,643 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 08:51 PM

that sounds a bit rude are you trying to groom me ?

#500 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• 13,353 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 08:53 PM

You don't need grooming...

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users