Photo

Cliffie Double Time Attack 2012+13 Champion!

• Please log in to reply
4350 replies to this topic

#81 Zoobeef

Zoobeef

Joes bedroom assistant.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,103 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 12:21 PM

What about if you 2 as drivers have your own team related shirts then any pit crew just has team vx ones.

I'll try to get to as many races as i can.

Wanna be team crew Mark, I have heard you are handy with a hammer.

For any i can get to i dont mind swinging a sledge haha

#82 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,353 posts
  • Interests:Weaving weasels woolly hats.

Posted 14 December 2011 - 12:22 PM

Space Innovation Racing, my apologies. www.spaceinnovation.co.uk

#83 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• 13,353 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 12:23 PM

What about if you 2 as drivers have your own team related shirts then any pit crew just has team vx ones.

I'll try to get to as many races as i can.

Wanna be team crew Mark, I have heard you are handy with a hammer.

For any i can get to i dont mind swinging a sledge haha

Will post the calendar when it is announced, see how many you can make.

#84 CocoPops

CocoPops

SuperCharged Karting Super Hero

• 17,179 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 12:27 PM

Are you gonna have some of that nice flowery wall paper on your car Mike? thumbsup

#85 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 12:31 PM

Space Innovation Racing, my apologies. www.spaceinnovation.co.uk

Sounds like a half decent name for a racing team. thumbsup

#86 Seb.F

Seb.F

Under Your Bed

• 6,045 posts
  • Interests:Tech head

Posted 14 December 2011 - 12:32 PM

If you don't mind me hanging about/want some help, I can make all of them if I know when they are in advance.

#87 AliM

AliM

insert humour here

• 9,146 posts
  • Interests:playing cars and general mischief.

Posted 14 December 2011 - 12:37 PM

You could have the same crew if you can get garages next to each other, then just have your own sponsors on your own car/clothes. The pit crew could just have the VX outline on their shirts, then there's no favouritism :)

:yeahthat: to myself

#88 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• 13,353 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 01:10 PM

Are you gonna have some of that nice flowery wall paper on your car Mike? thumbsup

You have seen through it, Kath Kidson is my secret benefactor.

#89 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 01:11 PM

What do you think to the above Cliffie Me and you have separate team shirts but the crew have plain shirts with Vx outline on or similar

#90 Andy_sx

Andy_sx

• Pip
  • 159 posts
  • Interests:Cars, bikes, racing, food, girls and snowboarding... not always in that order

Posted 14 December 2011 - 01:22 PM

good stuff!! will keep an eye on whats happening and can probably lend a hand at some events if needed will certainly be loang to watch the racing, so why not get grubby when all the 'boring' cars are out

#91 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• 13,353 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 01:28 PM

What do you think to the above Cliffie

Me and you have separate team shirts but the crew have plain shirts with Vx outline on or similar

Sent you PM along the lines of the crew shirts having both team names on as I have no other sponsor commitments on clothing.

#92 Dave E

Dave E

I LOVE SNETTERTON

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,116 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 01:28 PM

BAR had a solution to two main sponsers that could be used for the team shirts.................

Posted Image

..............never said it was a good one :)

#93 jamiewillson

jamiewillson

• Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 09:53 AM

Hi there, just to briefly introduce myself, I'm Jamie and will also be doing Time Attack next year, although not in a VX, but in an S1 Exige. I spoke to a couple of you at Brands this year and was told I'd be welcome on these forums, what with our cars having the same DNA and that. Anyway, I'm reading all this with great interest, as there isn't really that much Time Attack related stuff going on over on seloc and the like and I really like all the interest in it over on here along with all the help you guys seem to give each other. I'll be in the Pro Class with my car next year, not out of choice, but out of necessity due to tyres. I was promoted from Club in 2010 up to Club Pro RWD and won that, which is where I'd really like to stay. However they will most likely be on Tropheos and there aren't any that fit 16 and 17's. Therefore, I have no choice but to go on full slicks in Pro. To say it'll be a challenge is an understatement, as I'll have no more power than last year, no experience on slicks which will also be the wrong compound for me and no practise this year. Anyway, I'm sure it'll be loads of fun and I'm very busy at the moment rebuilding the car. I'll be camping at every event, same as last year, along with one friend who helps me out. Neither of us are brilliant with the spanners, although we try to do us much stuff ourselves as possible. Don't be surprised if I come along asking for help!!!! Anyway, assuming I'm welcome, I'm looking forward to having a few more people in similar cars to banter with and wish you guys the best of luck. Jamie

#94 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 10:02 AM

Welcome aboard Jamie and good luck with the coming season. thumbsup Is your Exige one of the hyper powered Audi conversions? I think I remember your car and you "unfortunately" getting promoted and landing yourself in with Steve Guglielmi and the like. :wacko:

#95 ChrisS1

ChrisS1

Club OEM

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,360 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 10:05 AM

Hi and welcome. Can you not change your wheel sizes so that you can fit the appropriate tyres or is it not as simple as that?

#96 jamiewillson

jamiewillson

• Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 10:33 AM

I run a supercharged Honda K20 in my car, about 330bhp and 210lbs at the hubs. I was going to compound charge it this year but havn't got the budget. Instead though, a geartronics paddleshift system and proper sequential gearbox is going in. I can't change my wheels as, firstly they were specially made and secondly the tyres I'll be using are already going to be too big.

#97 I 8 a 4RE

I 8 a 4RE

• PipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:11 AM

I run a supercharged Honda K20 in my car, about 330bhp and 210lbs at the hubs. I was going to compound charge it this year but havn't got the budget. Instead though, a geartronics paddleshift system and proper sequential gearbox is going in.

That is going to make you A LOT OF TIME! And will make you difficult to beat...

Seq. Gearbox paddleshift is a great upgrade! Didn't know they had this for S1 Elises - linky?

#98 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:18 AM

I run a supercharged Honda K20 in my car, about 330bhp and 210lbs at the hubs. I was going to compound charge it this year but havn't got the budget.

thumbsup

Instead though, a geartronics paddleshift system and proper sequential gearbox is going in.

Ouch, that's going to cost some. Is that the one Geary has been developing?

#99 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• 13,353 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:19 AM

Hi Jamie, we did indeed meet at Brands, I was crewing Jimmy. You are very welcome on here, even more so because you are not in our class. Next season is going to be a scream and I am sure we will all muck in on camping and spannering. Unfortunately due to your elevated class, you will be pitting up the big boy's end and not with us lower classed cars. One big happy family here Jamie and you would even be welcome if you drove an M5 Beemer.

#100 jamiewillson

jamiewillson

• Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:23 AM

Well lets hope it makes me quicker!!!! I'm pretty sure it'll make me quite a bit faster than increasing the power anyway. Through some of the turns after heavy braking zones in 2010, I had the highest corner speed out of anyone, including all of the Pro class guys, so I should make up more time here. Problem is they completely destroy me down the straights. Regarding the sequential gearbox, its been designed and built from scratch for the Elise chassis and Honda & Toyota engine and has been tested and dialled in over in Australia for about the last year. Geary at Eliseparts is the one who's made all this happen. It's a proper bit of kit but isn't marketed properly anywhere yet.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users