Photo

Cliffie Double Time Attack 2012+13 Champion!

• Please log in to reply
4350 replies to this topic

#1181 JimmyJamJerusalem

JimmyJamJerusalem

So annoying I got my own room.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,382 posts
  • Interests:Music, Cars, Beer, Boxing.

Posted 05 May 2012 - 11:45 PM

Not so happy with the second vid tho! Mike had his lights on which is a sign for a driver on a hot lap. The other car (whatever it was) didn't have lights on (not on hot lap) so rules say must yield. he held mike all the way down.... Round 1 is always a bit messy lol. Chuffed for you Mike you put down an amazing time that will not be beaten in a VX for a long time imo

#1182 VX-GT

VX-GT

me-thin-king

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 11:48 PM

Porsche had no chance to get out of the way with 4 of them trying to get through Mountain at once.... Gutting when a good lap is spoiled but that's Time Attack. you have to pick your moments. Car looked great though Mike, loved the flames!!!!!!

I was doing stats as well JJJ

If one combines mikes best sector times then his ideal lap would have been 1;39.4

#1183 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 11:58 PM

The other car (whatever it was)

Looks like ye olde Audi quattro. :unsure:

#1184 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,353 posts
  • Interests:Weaving weasels woolly hats.

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:58 AM

It was the Dutch guy OHW, really nice bloke though. I had two flying laps spoiled in the final, the first by the Porsche the second by the Audi but as Jimmy says, thats TA. I did find it frustrating that the Porsche let all the others through but held me up through the corner, up the mountain and all the way through Hall bends and round Barn, he had plenty of opportunity to get out of my way and clearly didn't want to. I dunno if it had anything to do with quali times? Call me suspicious if you want. Sorry I was off line yesterday but I was a tad busy and when I got home last night, all I wanted was sleep. Massive thanks to the team who made this possible, Joe, Lee, Chris, Matty, George all deserve medals for what we did this weekend. I reckon we have the best pit crew in Club Class. Thanks to Graeme for hauling over to take photos and drop off the Autoglym, a good excuse to use the Porker though. Cheers to all the VX'ers who managed to come up and support, I hope we made you welcome. Thanks to all my sponsors, some of which come on here. We were at Cadwell only through your generosity. Thanks to all you on this thread that are actually interested in following our progress and thanks to Jimmy for keeping everybody updated. Sounds like I have won an Oscar... Motorsport is full of what ifs. What if that Porsche hadn't held me up, what if I had managed to find more space out there, what if I hadn't locked up and ran wide on my last lap... First in qualifying and second in the final is a great result and an excellent foundation for the rest of the season and the team should be proud of what we have achieved yesterday. Off to Facebook now to have a nose at the photos Graeme has posted.

#1185 Ormes

Ormes

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,612 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:36 AM

Congrats Mike thumbsup

#1186 hairy

hairy

Moonlander

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,920 posts
  • Interests:cars, beer, nature

Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:49 AM

That track was seriously busy - I'm amazed anyone can get a decent time.

#1187 ciderbooze

ciderbooze

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,221 posts
  • Interests:cars, fishing, beer, football.

Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:55 AM

What an effort!! And what a great result well done team VX.

#1188 MrSimba

MrSimba

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,197 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 08:09 AM

Well done Mike thumbsup Great start to the season!!! :)

#1189 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,611 posts
  • Interests:french maids

Posted 06 May 2012 - 08:18 AM

suggested next mod, porsche nudge bars

#1190 turbobob

turbobob

2/3rds of a Queen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,833 posts
  • Interests:Football - support Derby County
    Photography
    CARS!!
    Computers (oh no not another nerd....)
    Travelling

Posted 06 May 2012 - 08:41 AM

Well done mike and the team. A great start to your time attack chinky chinky

#1191 JimmyJamJerusalem

JimmyJamJerusalem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,382 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 08:44 AM

Porsche had no chance to get out of the way with 4 of them trying to get through Mountain at once.... Gutting when a good lap is spoiled but that's Time Attack. you have to pick your moments. Car looked great though Mike, loved the flames!!!!!!

I was doing stats as well JJJ

If one combines mikes best sector times then his ideal lap would have been 1;39.4

Combining ideal sectors is dreaming though Lee. I've been guilty of it in the past. Say for instance Lap X you plough through sector 1 so fast that it spits you out wide and you've runined your start to sector 2. Then lap Y you chill out through sector 1 and get a perfect run into sector 2 which you nail. Your 'ideal' then picks sector 1 from lap X and sector 2 from lap Y and tricks you into thinking linking the two would ever be possible in real life which they would not! Much better to have your ideal lap as close as possible to your best lap (if not exactly the same) as it shows you can link the sectors in one hot lap.

The other car (whatever it was)

Looks like ye olde Audi quattro. :unsure:

Does doesn't it. Cliffie said it was the Dutch guys. I met them last season, should have remembered that.

Motorsport is full of what ifs. What if that Porsche hadn't held me up, what if I had managed to find more space out there, what if I hadn't locked up and ran wide on my last lap...

That's one of the hardest things with the Time Attack format. Finding that crucial track space and unfortunately knowing that around 10% of you hot laps will be spoiled. Maybe more than that as the traffic you had to deal with was more than I've ever experienced. Hopefully less OHW's for the rest of the season!!!! You pulled it from the flames with that final lap though Mike!!!!!

#1192 JohnTurbo

JohnTurbo

SuperScruff

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,635 posts
  • Interests:Performance cars!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:03 AM

The Audi didnt have any lights to have on. Rules? Actually I only saw one or two properly clear laps for Mike all day. It looked like a warmup lap, 40seconds in the pits and then straight out would have been ideal. As mentioned....tooooo many cars. Pro class had it easy!!!! The same Porsche was frustratingly in the way for at least 3 more laps too - but lights on all the way. We discussed how it really needs a radio and someone in pits looking after strategy...aka F1. Mostly it was bad luck. As mike says though - very good start to the season anyway. I was proud to own a vx.

#1193 VXT Tim

VXT Tim

No it's not a Lamborghini!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,421 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:06 AM

I did find it frustrating that the Porsche let all the others through but held me up through the corner, up the mountain and all the way through Hall bends and round Barn, he had plenty of opportunity to get out of my way and clearly didn't want to. I dunno if it had anything to do with quali times? Call me suspicious if you want.

Sure there will be an opportunity to repay the favour.

Well done, at least now you know you're on par or ahead of the field.

#1194 chrisvx220

chrisvx220

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:30 AM

Cracking day chinky chinky pitty about the weather and the traffic holding you up at times Mike but great results throughout still, gives a good benchmark and a great start to the season thumbsup find yourself some space on track next time and im sure the other RWD will be asking WTF.
Rachel enjoyed it to despite poor choice of footware, cold wet feet etc :lol:

I have a few videos that I will upload when I can get a minute too thumbsup

#1195 JimmyJamJerusalem

JimmyJamJerusalem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,382 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:46 AM

I put these in the wrong thread :lol:

Some awesome pics by our man Rich Sams. One of the best things about competing is getting pictures like this to keep for the rest of your life

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

:lol: Looks like you came third here :lol:
Posted Image

#1196 rcvaughan

rcvaughan

Ex-VXer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,115 posts
  • Interests:Work cars: Play cars

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:49 AM

thumbsup well done it all involved. Great start to the competition

#1197 MrSimba

MrSimba

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,197 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:49 AM

Posted Image

Thats got to be the best VX photo I've ever seen! Imnotworthy

rallly

#1198 luke.

luke.

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 12:13 PM

I agree with Simon Top pic and I've saved it on my phone

#1199 Wreelybro

Wreelybro

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,641 posts
  • Interests:Racing WRC/F1/Miglia/Time Attack/MotoGp etc...
    360 Gaming 10-Pin Bowling.

Posted 06 May 2012 - 12:14 PM

It was the Dutch guy OHW, really nice bloke though.

Massive thanks to the team who made this possible, Joe, Lee, Chris, Matty, George all deserve medals for what we did this weekend. I reckon we have the best pit crew in Club Class.

Motorsport is full of what ifs. What if that Porsche hadn't held me up, what if I had managed to find more space out there, what if I hadn't locked up and ran wide on my last lap...

Mate a pleasure as always we have a strong team and very focused on the goal. (Was more than happy to fill JJJ's boot's I'm sure I did him proud') Worked really well having both Joe and myself in Holding Area and Pit lane. Chris was great with the data and Lee George with heads-up from paddock and Spectator side.. Also Everyone on the spanners and fluids - Amazing job you should all be extremely proud.

Mike also you did an amazing job peddling McQueen around in some tricky conditions.
Keep it up mate..We'll work on getting you focused on gettingtrack space for next round so we don’t have any more Porkers/Audi's crashing your party!!

I'm now off to Castle Coombe for Race Team No.2 Mini Miglia's It's on Motors TV on Monday from 1pm Paul Clark (44) Silver Mig.Not sure we will be fighting for Pole but hoping for a top 6 finish! Wish us luck

(Sorry to hi-jack your post for a minute the Mike!)

Again excellent job EVERYONE!!!

#1200 chris_uk

chris_uk

I Fancy Joe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 12:25 PM

was a pleasure working with you matt. everything just worked perfectly, even when we had some issues we all approached it in a calm maner and just got it all sorted, what i think worked well we all had our respective jobs to do and we just did them and then helped when we could after we completed our tasks.. I think something that worked quite well was overlooking the chcek list to make sure everyone had done their job and i could monitor everything which was done and that needed doing. great work everyone :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users