Photo

Cliffie Double Time Attack 2012+13 Champion!

• Please log in to reply
4350 replies to this topic

#1201 Sutol

Sutol

Well it's nearly a Lotus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,121 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 12:33 PM

would have been good to get a side on shot, like pic 2, with the rain to get an idea of the turbulence behind the car, cheaper than a wind tunnel :lol:

#1202 Wreelybro

Wreelybro

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,641 posts
  • Interests:Racing WRC/F1/Miglia/Time Attack/MotoGp etc...
    360 Gaming 10-Pin Bowling.

Posted 06 May 2012 - 12:33 PM

was a pleasure working with you matt.

everything just worked perfectly, even when we had some issues we all approached it in a calm maner and just got it all sorted, what i think worked well we all had our respective jobs to do and we just did them and then helped when we could after we completed our tasks.. I think something that worked quite well was overlooking the chcek list to make sure everyone had done their job and i could monitor everything which was done and that needed doing.

great work everyone :)

Yes indeed Chris we need that checklist it will be helpful.. One other thing we could do with is a dry wipe board with a clock to hang in the back of the garage for timing sheets and to do list and other notes..

Also note for Cliffie - We could to with a Pit Board as as well unless we're going for team radio! ;)

#1203 chris_uk

chris_uk

I Fancy Joe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 12:57 PM

normally we use ducktape and stick the timing sheets and schedule to the pit garage wall. seems to work and everyone knows where to look. we do need a pit board tho.. or an understanding of what it means when your waving joe at him. :lol: i cant help but think that a pit to driver communication system would help but in reality would it really benifit us? as a driver mike (& jimmy) what are the keys things you want to know while you are driving round?

#1204 cnrandall

cnrandall

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 01:33 PM

Well done boys! Just been looking at the speed trap time for the pro classes... 156mph at Cadwell!!!

#1205 Wreelybro

Wreelybro

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,641 posts
  • Interests:Racing WRC/F1/Miglia/Time Attack/MotoGp etc...
    360 Gaming 10-Pin Bowling.

Posted 06 May 2012 - 01:43 PM

normally we use ducktape and stick the timing sheets and schedule to the pit garage wall. seems to work and everyone knows where to look.

we do need a pit board tho.. or an understanding of what it means when your waving joe at him. :lol:

i cant help but think that a pit to driver communication system would help but in reality would it really benifit us? as a driver mike (& jimmy) what are the keys things you want to know while you are driving round?

Yes to Pit Board is we're not having comms in the car, I think Joe will agree with me!! :D

And Yes to Garage Board and Clock. The amount of time I was asked what time is it and when then next session if it's on a board it's less to worry aboout. This weekend went smooth as but there will be times when it won't and then the last think you need is someone asking what time is it and when's the next session.. Trust me I've done this a lot!! ;) Anyway I'm going dark now as my Race Team is here..

#1206 JimmyJamJerusalem

JimmyJamJerusalem

So annoying I got my own room.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,382 posts
  • Interests:Music, Cars, Beer, Boxing.

Posted 06 May 2012 - 02:06 PM

Well done boys!

Just been looking at the speed trap time for the pro classes... 156mph at Cadwell!!!

I take it you saw Lloyd's final lap time then...? A 1:27.9 that's unreal for a big evo!!!!!

normally we use ducktape and stick the timing sheets and schedule to the pit garage wall. seems to work and everyone knows where to look.

we do need a pit board tho.. or an understanding of what it means when your waving joe at him. :lol:

i cant help but think that a pit to driver communication system would help but in reality would it really benifit us? as a driver mike (& jimmy) what are the keys things you want to know while you are driving round?

Yes to Pit Board is we're not having comms in the car, I think Joe will agree with me!! :D

And Yes to Garage Board and Clock. The amount of time I was asked what time is it and when then next session if it's on a board it's less to worry aboout. This weekend went smooth as but there will be times when it won't and then the last think you need is someone asking what time is it and when's the next session.. Trust me I've done this a lot!! ;) Anyway I'm going dark now as my Race Team is here..

We've got a dry wipe board that we use for that sort of info and we always have a schedule up for clarity.

Pit board is a toughy as we only need a few basic signals. Go faster or come in :lol:

We'll give t some thought

#1207 darronwall

darronwall

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,706 posts
  • Interests:the older i get the more my genitals look like jeremy clarkson

Posted 06 May 2012 - 02:10 PM

well done cliffie!!!

#1208 RobNA

RobNA

RobSC :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 03:57 PM

Well done Mike :)

#1209 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 05:54 PM

awesome result and was an awesome weekend all beit with out feck all sleep :lol: next time i hope work isnt as manic and i can have my normal days off! bring on knockhill! going to be an awesome season rallly

#1210 TazN

TazN

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,931 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Airsoft, American Football, Cars

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:26 PM

Good job to all involved! I'm really hoping I can get down to at least 1 event this season. Good luck for the next round.

#1211 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:35 PM

oh and btw ronnie is running 420bhp

#1212 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,353 posts
  • Interests:Weaving weasels woolly hats.

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:38 PM

He is way faster than me through the speed traps.

#1213 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:41 PM

What's the difference? My cams will be out on the 18th

#1214 JimmyJamJerusalem

JimmyJamJerusalem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,382 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:47 PM

He is way faster than me through the speed traps.

They always are fella, were last most of the season (by loads sometimes) but we smash em through the bends! Knockhill will be all yours pal!

Edited by JimmyJamJerusalem, 07 May 2012 - 07:38 AM.
KH not Brands lol

#1215 JimmyJamJerusalem

JimmyJamJerusalem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,382 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:50 PM

lol just looked and I was dead last when it came to speed trap analysis at Anglesey.

#1216 VX-GT

VX-GT

me-thin-king

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:55 PM

talent beats talk talent beats torque

#1217 Nelly Vx

Nelly Vx

3/3 Of a Queen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,928 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:14 PM

Well done Cliffie and team , your Vx is looking great Mike ;-)

#1218 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• 13,353 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:07 PM

Well done boys!

Just been looking at the speed trap time for the pro classes... 156mph at Cadwell!!!

Shame it doen't attract quality entries though eh Chris???

#1219 CocoPops

CocoPops

SuperCharged Karting Super Hero

• 17,179 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:09 PM

Oh, you've really bitten onto that hook haven't you Mike! :lol:

#1220 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• 13,353 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:13 PM

Not so happy with the second vid tho! Mike had his lights on which is a sign for a driver on a hot lap. The other car (whatever it was) didn't have lights on (not on hot lap) so rules say must yield. he held mike all the way down....

Round 1 is always a bit messy lol. Chuffed for you Mike you put down an amazing time that will not be beaten in a VX for a long time imo

I had my lights on in the first vid as well Jimmy and the Porsche did not. OK so the run to the mountain would have been tough to let me pass, possible but tough. There is noe excuse though as to why he then held me up all the way through Hall Bends, round Hairpin and Barn. Poor driving.

I then did my best to hold him behind me to get him out of the way for my flying laps but he shot past me on the approach to Mountain then held me up for three flying laps.

He did not look a happy bunny in the paddock after the final.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users