Photo

Cliffie Double Time Attack 2012+13 Champion!

• Please log in to reply
4350 replies to this topic

#1221 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,353 posts
  • Interests:Weaving weasels woolly hats.

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:15 PM

Oh, you've really bitten onto that hook haven't you Mike! :lol:

Welllll, what do you expect, I took it quite personally TBH. It was almost as if Chris were saying Time Attack was beneath him and if he came in for a OHW, he would be the only quality entrant which is a bit arrogant innit.

#1222 JimmyJamJerusalem

JimmyJamJerusalem

So annoying I got my own room.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,382 posts
  • Interests:Music, Cars, Beer, Boxing.

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:21 PM

Not so happy with the second vid tho! Mike had his lights on which is a sign for a driver on a hot lap. The other car (whatever it was) didn't have lights on (not on hot lap) so rules say must yield. he held mike all the way down....

Round 1 is always a bit messy lol. Chuffed for you Mike you put down an amazing time that will not be beaten in a VX for a long time imo

I had my lights on in the first vid as well Jimmy and the Porsche did not. OK so the run to the mountain would have been tough to let me pass, possible but tough. There is noe excuse though as to why he then held me up all the way through Hall Bends, round Hairpin and Barn. Poor driving.

I then did my best to hold him behind me to get him out of the way for my flying laps but he shot past me on the approach to Mountain then held me up for three flying laps.

He did not look a happy bunny in the paddock after the final.

I think you're just being a little too synical mate. No way were you ever going to get a good lap there with four of you at mountain. That's just a spoiled lap due to traffic and if you're daft enough to stay with him for another three laps then you need a kick in the nuts. Why stay with him once he's proved himself a nob. You've only got a short season so drop back find a window and push on again. Strategy is one of the main factors mike and riding on this guys bumper for three laps is stooooopid.

Bet Simon was pissed right off though! Your final lap knocked him off the podium lol

#1223 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• 13,353 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:26 PM

Not so happy with the second vid tho! Mike had his lights on which is a sign for a driver on a hot lap. The other car (whatever it was) didn't have lights on (not on hot lap) so rules say must yield. he held mike all the way down....

Round 1 is always a bit messy lol. Chuffed for you Mike you put down an amazing time that will not be beaten in a VX for a long time imo

I had my lights on in the first vid as well Jimmy and the Porsche did not. OK so the run to the mountain would have been tough to let me pass, possible but tough. There is noe excuse though as to why he then held me up all the way through Hall Bends, round Hairpin and Barn. Poor driving.

I then did my best to hold him behind me to get him out of the way for my flying laps but he shot past me on the approach to Mountain then held me up for three flying laps.

I think you're just being a little too synical mate. No way were you ever going to get a good lap there with four of you at mountain. That's just a spoiled lap due to traffic and if you're daft enough to stay with him for another three laps then you need a kick in the nuts. Why stay with him once he's proved himself a nob. You've only got a short season so drop back find a window and push on again. Strategy is one of the main factors mike and riding on this guys bumper for three laps is stooooopid.

Bet Simon was pissed right off though! Your final lap knocked him off the podium lol

I will learn Jimmy, I know I was a dick for sitting with him for three laps but after Qualifying I reckoned he would be a contender and sitting with him would tow me to a quick lap. I know, I was wrong.

#1224 smiley

smiley

Thetan level 15

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,427 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:42 PM

Posted Image

#1225 SPLAM

SPLAM

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,491 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:48 PM

A bit late I know, WELL DONE! rallly :tt:

#1226 luke.

luke.

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:54 PM

I will learn Jimmy, I know I was a dick for sitting with him for three laps but after Qualifying I reckoned he would be a contender and sitting with him would tow me to a quick lap. I know, I was wrong.

You say you were wrong but either way mate you are only a couple of points behind second place so wasn't a disaster. At least you've learned this now at the start of the season. Personally I think this second place has already put you in good sted for the season. Car seems in tip top condition and we all know you're capable behind the wheel. Go team vx!!!

#1227 Andrew aka Stuwy

Andrew aka Stuwy

Made In England

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,731 posts
  • Interests:most things are intersting

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:29 PM

A bit late I know, WELL DONE! rallly :tt:

:yeahthat: Imnotworthy Imnotworthy Imnotworthy Imnotworthy Imnotworthy Imnotworthy Imnotworthy Imnotworthy Imnotworthy Imnotworthy Imnotworthy

#1228 jules_s

jules_s

Iceman

• 15,275 posts
  • Interests:Plane spotting

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:48 PM

I'm confused now Do we have two Chris/Randalls on here?

#1229 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• 13,353 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:53 AM

I'm confused now

Do we have two Chris/Randalls on here?

There is only one Chris Randall, he works at Hoffman, drives a rapid Europa GT car and could teach me a thing or two behind the wheel.

#1230 Baron Von Scubadaddy

Baron Von Scubadaddy

STAGE 3.333333333333333333333333333333

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,643 posts
  • Interests:Girls, Cars,..... ! spending time asking questions about why my car won't work

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:20 AM

1st race Second place !!! C'mon baby your gotta win this Sorry I missed this first and most historic race. Back in the uk now ! Let me know when is good to come for camera fittings?

#1231 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• 13,353 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:31 AM

1st race Second place !!!
C'mon baby
your gotta win this
Sorry I missed this first and most historic race.
Back in the uk now !
Let me know when is good to come for camera fittings?

When can you make?

#1232 luke.

luke.

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:25 PM

Good write up here guys

http://garageawesome...1-cadwell-park/

#1233 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• 13,353 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:49 PM

Good write up here guys

http://garageawesome...1-cadwell-park/

Nice pic of my VX as well. Well found Luke.

#1234 startline al

startline al

• Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:17 PM

Glad you had a great time guys, listen to what Jimmy says and you won't go wrong. There is so much that is tactical in TA that people just don't realise until they take part, a good crew is essential and you seem to have found them...well done everyone and welcome to TA.

#1235 jamiewillson

jamiewillson

• Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:23 PM

Just a quick heads up lads. Knockhill have started taking reservations for the pre-Time Attack test day which will be the day before, from 2-6pm. See you there.

#1236 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• 13,353 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 01:25 PM

Cheers Jamie, my interest is logged.

#1237 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:37 PM

ronnie is also upping power with new cams :ninja:

#1238 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:44 PM

Posted Image

#1239 JimmyJamJerusalem

JimmyJamJerusalem

So annoying I got my own room.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,382 posts
  • Interests:Music, Cars, Beer, Boxing.

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:08 PM

Posted Image

That's awful!!!! I hope they don't ditch the trackdays ahead of events for that sort of thing at any other venues!!! 45 mins split in 15 min sessions..... thumbsdown

#1240 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• 13,353 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:38 PM

We already have the AM booked as a half track day Jimmy. Is it worth the extra 45 minutes?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users