Photo

Cliffie Double Time Attack 2012+13 Champion!

• Please log in to reply
4350 replies to this topic

#1241 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,353 posts
  • Interests:Weaving weasels woolly hats.

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:39 PM

ronnie is also upping power with new cams :ninja:

So we will need to beat him on the brakes and corners at Knockhill won't we.

#1242 jamiewillson

jamiewillson

• Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:40 PM

Christ, that really is shite!!!! Bloody expensive too for what we get. On the phone they just told me we had from 2-6. Cheeky gits.

#1243 darronwall

darronwall

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,706 posts
  • Interests:the older i get the more my genitals look like jeremy clarkson

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:41 PM

We already have the AM booked as a half track day Jimmy.

Is it worth the extra 45 minutes?

i would think so

#1244 Aerodynamic

Aerodynamic

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 08:43 PM

Hi, Cliffie, how do you think your monotubes work? Sattisfied? Have you had the chance to compare them to Jims Nitron? ,Per

#1245 JimmyJamJerusalem

JimmyJamJerusalem

So annoying I got my own room.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,382 posts
  • Interests:Music, Cars, Beer, Boxing.

Posted 12 May 2012 - 08:48 PM

Hi, Cliffie, how do you think your monotubes work? Sattisfied?
Have you had the chance to compare them to Jims Nitron?

,Per

I believe one of his shocks has failed already.....

#1246 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• 13,353 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 09:46 PM

,Per

Not so far. We had an issue when the clicks on a rear damper disappeared for some reason but after a session on track they magically came back. The clicks work on gas pressure I am told and with the shocks laid up for the best part of six months it may have taken some up and down action to get the pressure up again.

I doubt very much they will be as good as Jimmy's Nitron 46's but they are as good as I am going to get and they got me a 1:40 round Cadwell which is pretty impressive. Shame I got beaten by Ronnie in his Sierra who is also on Gaz I believe.

#1247 JimmyJamJerusalem

JimmyJamJerusalem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,382 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 10:26 PM

Lloyd did a 1:27 on Nitrons :) Doesnt sound great though mate having a spinning adjuster knob. Usually means a rebuild from my experience.....

#1248 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• 13,353 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 07:09 AM

Lloyd did a 1:27 on Nitrons :)

Doesnt sound great though mate having a spinning adjuster knob. Usually means a rebuild from my experience.....

Lloyd has three times my power.

Wasn't great to be honest Jimmy but soon fixed. What experience do you have of spinning knobs and rebuilds. I thought you were a Nitron man through and through. Did you use another well known brand of shocker in your earlier VX ownership days?

#1249 cnrandall

cnrandall

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 07:25 AM

,Per

Not so far. We had an issue when the clicks on a rear damper disappeared for some reason but after a session on track they magically came back. The clicks work on gas pressure I am told and with the shocks laid up for the best part of six months it may have taken some up and down action to get the pressure up again.

I doubt very much they will be as good as Jimmy's Nitron 46's but they are as good as I am going to get and they got me a 1:40 round Cadwell which is pretty impressive. Shame I got beaten by Ronnie in his Sierra who is also on Gaz I believe.

The pressure in the damper is from a fixed Nitrogen charge that won't build up with use. It might leak out but if you have the clicks back I doubt that's happened. The clicks are from a detent system in the adjuster dial itself which isn't spring loaded so does require pressure in the damper to give a positive feel. If the clicks have been lost momentarily I imagine it was simply some stiction in the damper. If they dial becomes hard to turn and rough then its likely the seal on the adjuster itself has let it some moisture and this can be rectified without rebuilding the damper but if its lost gas pressure you will need a rebuild. I regularly check for gas pressure by removing the dampers, compressing them and making sure they extent back out under their own steam and in roughly the same time.

On Friday I back-to-backed my 46mm's with the 40mm's and currently the 40mm's are 0.5 sec faster on Brands Indy and much nicer to drive on so we have lots of work to do still on the 46mm's to get them ahead. To be fair, my 40mm three ways have had an enormous amount of work go into them so it was no surprise.

#1250 JimmyJamJerusalem

JimmyJamJerusalem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,382 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 07:50 AM

Lloyd did a 1:27 on Nitrons :)

Doesnt sound great though mate having a spinning adjuster knob. Usually means a rebuild from my experience.....

Lloyd has three times my power.

Wasn't great to be honest Jimmy but soon fixed. What experience do you have of spinning knobs and rebuilds. I thought you were a Nitron man through and through. Did you use another well known brand of shocker in your earlier VX ownership days?

RE Lloyd - Just saying Mike, you're the first to get on your soapbox anytime someone with Gaz shocks wins a raffle so I wanted to point out that the overall winner and Time Attack record holder is on Nitron mate. It was you that brought up the Cadwell results...

RE other shocks - I was on Sachs for a while. Found them verey good and super reliable but that wasn't where I had the spinny knob of doom that was on an old Motocross bike.

On Friday I back-to-backed my 46mm's with the 40mm's and currently the 40mm's are 0.5 sec faster on Brands Indy and much nicer to drive on so we have lots of work to do still on the 46mm's to get them ahead. To be fair, my 40mm three ways have had an enormous amount of work go into them so it was no surprise.

Have you finalised your valving spec on the 46's yet though...?

#1251 cnrandall

cnrandall

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 07:54 AM

No way near, as I say, currently the 46mm's 3 ways are a good margin behind the 40mm 3-ways. When I have the 3-way spec sorted I'll move on to the single way which is the one that will sell in more quantity. I think the single way will be a little harder to get right than the three way too as I want better road comfort as well as the track performance and that will be a hard compromise to strike.

#1252 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• 13,353 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 08:10 AM

RE Lloyd - Just saying Mike, you're the first to get on your soapbox anytime someone with Gaz shocks wins a round of Time Attack or Elise Trophy so I wanted to point out that the overall winner and Time Attack record holder is on Nitron mate. It was you that brought up the Cadwell results...

And it was you that said about my lap in the final being a VX lap record that won't be beaten for some time.

#1253 JimmyJamJerusalem

JimmyJamJerusalem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,382 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 08:18 AM

RE Lloyd - Just saying Mike, you're the first to get on your soapbox anytime someone with Gaz shocks wins a round of Time Attack or Elise Trophy so I wanted to point out that the overall winner and Time Attack record holder is on Nitron mate. It was you that brought up the Cadwell results...

And it was you that said about my lap in the final being a VX lap record that won't be beaten for some time.

It was a great lap Mike, nobody has said otherwise. Not sure what point you're trying to make....?

A VX record :lol: a rather lofty title; you're the only VX that's ever done Cadwell in Time Attack :lol: I'm winding you up though Mike, you have to stop taking the bait so easily I'm making myself feel guilty :D

#1254 chris_uk

chris_uk

I Fancy Joe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 08:40 AM

Jimmy do you think if lloyd was on gaz's then he wouldnt be the winner?

#1255 CocoPops

CocoPops

SuperCharged Karting Super Hero

• 17,179 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 08:44 AM

Also, I think it's great that Cliffie races with what he sells. Same for Jimmy. But seriously, can we stop with the bitchiness, it's no better than Chris Golds thread. Whether it's meant in jest or not, it's not exactly morale building is it? I don't know if it's the medium of text Jimmy, but your comments do always come across as possibly more cutting than you mean, but they don't read well.

#1256 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• 13,353 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 08:46 AM

You must have been up longer than me today Jimmy lad.

#1257 Scuffers

Scuffers

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 08:56 AM

Also, I think it's great that Cliffie races with what he sells. Same for Jimmy.

But seriously, can we stop with the bitchiness, it's no better than Chris Golds thread.

Whether it's meant in jest or not, it's not exactly morale building is it?

I don't know if it's the medium of text Jimmy, but your comments do always come across as possibly more cutting than you mean, but they don't read well.

Yea, after all, if they wanted to win, they would run Quantums..(like Jamie). Posted Image

#1258 JimmyJamJerusalem

JimmyJamJerusalem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,382 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 08:56 AM

Jimmy do you think if lloyd was on gaz's then he wouldnt be the winner?

2 for the price of 1 :D

Also, I think it's great that Cliffie races with what he sells. Same for Jimmy.

But seriously, can we stop with the bitchiness, it's no better than Chris Golds thread.

Whether it's meant in jest or not, it's not exactly morale building is it?

I don't know if it's the medium of text Jimmy, but your comments do always come across as possibly more cutting than you mean, but they don't read well.

It's a bit of banter Lee nothing more. If my comments are cutting it's not meant (some of the time) but I'll try and keep it hap hap happy ;)

You must have been up longer than me today Jimmy lad.

I'm probably walking onto one here but; what you mean...?

Look I hope people are not taking things personally here, it's not meant that way but I'll have my say guys. Potential reliability issues have croped up on the new mono shock and it's as if it's a crime to mention them.....? Rest assured nobody else would. But we're not allowed to say bad things about products that half of you have paid for.....?

#1259 Darcini

Darcini

There must be some way outa here

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 08:57 AM

Exactly that, you are both on the same team FFS.

#1260 CocoPops

CocoPops

SuperCharged Karting Super Hero

• 17,179 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 09:00 AM

Remember, there are many casual readers Jimmy that don't know that you're a nice guy really ;) So, if they see this thread and only happen to see the constant digging (jest or otherwise) then thats what they'll know you for.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users