Photo

Cliffie Double Time Attack 2012+13 Champion!

• Please log in to reply
4350 replies to this topic

#1841 Baron Von Scubadaddy

Baron Von Scubadaddy

STAGE 3.333333333333333333333333333333

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,643 posts
  • Interests:Girls, Cars,..... ! spending time asking questions about why my car won't work

Posted 30 June 2012 - 12:40 PM

Torque fingers

#1842 JohnTurbo

JohnTurbo

SuperScruff

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,635 posts
  • Interests:Performance cars!

Posted 30 June 2012 - 01:14 PM

I tried out my torque setting by feel against a torque wrench on 5 wheel nuts. I was within +/- 5%. We should have a competition. haha

#1843 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,353 posts
  • Interests:Weaving weasels woolly hats.

Posted 30 June 2012 - 02:13 PM

Nah I can vouch for Ronnie on that front. He's a regular guy with a regular 9-5 same as us guys. A true privateer. To the extent that he couldn't test at every circuit to keep costs down and he camped all season last year rain or shine!!!

He's a big gay bear though and I believe he sneaks over to Umars tent for some loving in the night!!!!

Agree with Jimmy, Ronnie struggles as much as the rest of us.

I cannot complain this year. I have had awesome support from loads of people and have been very lucky.

#1844 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 03:21 PM

I tried out my torque setting by feel against a torque wrench on 5 wheel nuts. I was within +/- 5%. We should have a competition. haha

I bet £50 lee wins!!

#1845 jamiewillson

jamiewillson

• Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 03:39 PM

Mike, Ronnie was looking mighty quick around Brands on Thursday so you're going to have to really go for it. Have you got your tyres sorted yet? I managed to snap the pulley/shaft clean off my supercharger going down the pit straight, ran over it and then did a lap without the water pump working, so fingers crossed I make it next weekend and that my engine survived!!! Looks like Randy is giving Pro Extreme a go in the Europa which should be interesting. See you there.

#1846 JimmyJamJerusalem

JimmyJamJerusalem

So annoying I got my own room.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,382 posts
  • Interests:Music, Cars, Beer, Boxing.

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:54 PM

Looks like Randy is giving Pro Extreme a go in the Europa which should be interesting. See you there.

Git, he kept that quiet!!!!! Is that confirmed Jamie...?

#1847 Mangham54

Mangham54

Wannabe....

• 12,034 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:56 PM

The Loti contingent is really stepping up this year. Ace!

#1848 JimmyJamJerusalem

JimmyJamJerusalem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,382 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:58 PM

Hopefully it will do something to raise the profile of Time Attack amongst the LoT types!! Alot turn their nosees up at Time Attack or 'chav attack' as I've heard it called :( Jealous sods!!! None of them can match the lap times that's why they bitch :lol:

#1849 jamiewillson

jamiewillson

• Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 05:14 PM

Jimmy, if you look at the garage allocations the name Randall is one of them and the europa and driver would surely only be suitable for the extreme class I assume. With the boost turned up and with some of the big guns still not competing he could easily beat everyone.

#1850 JimmyJamJerusalem

JimmyJamJerusalem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,382 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 05:22 PM

Jamie I know I'm not there this season but 'big gun' please, you flatter :lol: :D Sneaky git I've been trying to talk him into this for AGES!!! Then he books the event I can't make it to!!!!!! You should offer the Europa some stiff competition no...?

#1851 jamiewillson

jamiewillson

• Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 05:23 PM

And you're right about most of the lotus community turning their noise up about the series etc. Fair enough if proper racing is your thing but time attack is awesome and attracts more spectators per round than alot of other series do a year.

#1852 jamiewillson

jamiewillson

• Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 05:25 PM

I can't compete against the europa. I'd need slicks, another 150 bhp and proper driver.

#1853 JimmyJamJerusalem

JimmyJamJerusalem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,382 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 05:54 PM

It's competitive motorsport, it's ace fun and requires skill! Some of the LoT guys seem to think they'd clean up if they entered but I think they'd have a massive shock!!!

#1854 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• 11,587 posts
  • Interests:Rock climbing, skiing, kayaking, surfing, mountaineering, budgies, chess, practical mechanics.

Posted 30 June 2012 - 06:14 PM

Does Wayne (Pro-Alloy) still have his Elise, what sort of class does he enter these days?

#1855 cnrandall

cnrandall

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 07:43 PM

Bloody hell news travels fast... I haven't actually entered yet. Annoyingly they are insisting on an FIA seat in the pro class (which is frankly weird) and Tillet don't have stock of their B6F which is what I would use. I can do club but really I want to chase that Mitsi... Anyone have an FIA seat that I can borrow?!!!

#1856 JimmyJamJerusalem

JimmyJamJerusalem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,382 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 07:49 PM

Bloody hell news travels fast... I haven't actually entered yet. Annoyingly they are insisting on an FIA seat in the pro class (which is frankly weird) and Tillet don't have stock of their B6F which is what I would use. I can do club but really I want to chase that Mitsi... Anyone have an FIA seat that I can borrow?!!!

I've only got a B5, I take it that's no good?

Try Steve Guglielmi he might sell one.... Or you could mail Paul Golding and ask him to put the word out..

#1857 jamiewillson

jamiewillson

• Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 10:53 PM

My seat has never been checked.

#1858 JimmyJamJerusalem

JimmyJamJerusalem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,382 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 11:11 PM

My seat has never been checked.

Shhhh, Marc will hear!!!!

#1859 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,611 posts
  • Interests:french maids

Posted 01 July 2012 - 06:04 AM

is a mog fia cert'd ?

#1860 cnrandall

cnrandall

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:47 AM

I have a MOG and its not certified... no hope it hell that it would get through a test, they are light but a little dangerous IMHO. Only Tillet with a cert is the B6f 'edges on' model. Annoyingly I ordered one last year and they sent me the wrong one one still haven't sorted it out between us and now I need it! I'm not going to go to too much bother for this event, if I can't run it isn't the end of the world and if I have to spend a load on tyres I'm not interested. Strange to have an insistence on FIA seats in a UK only speed event, normally they are only needed for international competition.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users