Photo

Cliffie Double Time Attack 2012+13 Champion!

• Please log in to reply
4350 replies to this topic

#1861 JimmyJamJerusalem

JimmyJamJerusalem

So annoying I got my own room.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,382 posts
  • Interests:Music, Cars, Beer, Boxing.

Posted 01 July 2012 - 08:22 AM

Strange that they are forcing this technicallity on you when they don't seem bothered that other cars in class have not met the same criteria...? Have you spoken directly to Marc Herridge? He's chief scrut and a genuinly decent guy!! I'm sure if it was a dealbreaker he't let it go for one event on the provision you satisfy the reg next time around (should there be a next time). In the mean time as the MOG might no be the safest you're more than welcome to my B5 mate, it's solid as a rock but you'd have to send someone up here to swap seats with me as I need one for Anglesey the same day!! Can't believe I've been poking you to enter Time Attack for ages and you make a suprise entry the day I can't make it!!!

#1862 cnrandall

cnrandall

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:00 AM

Strange that they are forcing this technicallity on you when they don't seem bothered that other cars in class have not met the same criteria...?

Have you spoken directly to Marc Herridge? He's chief scrut and a genuinly decent guy!! I'm sure if it was a dealbreaker he't let it go for one event on the provision you satisfy the reg next time around (should there be a next time). In the mean time as the MOG might no be the safest you're more than welcome to my B5 mate, it's solid as a rock but you'd have to send someone up here to swap seats with me as I need one for Anglesey the same day!! Can't believe I've been poking you to enter Time Attack for ages and you make a suprise entry the day I can't make it!!!

Thanks for the offer of the B5. I actually have a B6 sitting in the workshop but it's the 'edges off' version which doesn't have the FIA stamp!

Only reason I'm looking at TA next weekend is because I was meant to go to Spa but can't make it for various reasons so the date opened up. Sorry you can't be there (assuming I make it!)!!!!

I spoke to James at TA and raised the seat thing after reading the regs... Didn't want to have an embarrassing fail at scrutineering but maybe i shot myself in the foot if they don't check the seats!

#1863 jamiewillson

jamiewillson

• Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:02 AM

I have a B6 fia seat in my car due to the pro regs but nobody has ever checked which is sort of annoying seeing as I went to the expense of buying one and adding a load of weight. In 2010 I ran with my mog. I'm sure marc would be fine with using a mog anyway.

#1864 JimmyJamJerusalem

JimmyJamJerusalem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,382 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:13 AM

No offense to James if he reads this but James isn't part of the Scrutineering team so cannot realy make that call. He's the newset guy to the team so is just going 'by the book'.

Speak to Marc Herridge I can almost guarantee you he will take a more 'common sense' approach if you have MSA standard stuff you will undoubtedly be fine!!!!!

Scrutineer@timeattack.co.uk Mark it FAO Marc Herridge, URGENT or grab him on faceBook here marc.herridge@facebook.com you'll be fine thumbsup

#1865 cnrandall

cnrandall

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:08 AM

OK, I'll go back to them and see if they can give me a waiver. It would help me as I really would rather go for the top class and I have a set of Yoko slicks with only three heat cycles on them and, although they are for the small wheels, they are already bought and paid for. I'm waiting for some new 18X10 wheels to arrive so really don't want to buy a load of tyres that won't fit the car in a months time.

#1866 I 8 a 4RE

I 8 a 4RE

• PipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:33 AM

So here is a stupid Q: Brands is next Sunday 8 July? How does one obtain Paddock Tix?

#1867 JohnTurbo

JohnTurbo

SuperScruff

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,635 posts
  • Interests:Performance cars!

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:53 AM

Time Attack is open paddock. You get 5 year olds climbing on your splitter if you are a competitor but it is good for the fans.

#1868 cnrandall

cnrandall

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:09 PM

Looks like I'm OK with my seat... Time to go and chase some chavved up Mitsubishi's around!

#1869 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:11 PM

Chris is it alight to come for a chat about bushes on Sunday ooooerrr :lol:

#1870 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,611 posts
  • Interests:french maids

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:14 PM

best of luck for this weekend

#1871 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,353 posts
  • Interests:Weaving weasels woolly hats.

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:23 PM

Looks like I'm OK with my seat... Time to go and chase some chavved up Mitsubishi's around!

You can share my garage if you need to Chris as my sharer has pulled out. You can do a sneaky once over if you like. Are you testing Saturday?

#1872 JimmyJamJerusalem

JimmyJamJerusalem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,382 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:06 PM

Told you Marc was the man :)

Good luck with the Evo's mate, are Renshaw and Lloyd out there..? They're about the fastest usually!!!!

#1873 luke.

luke.

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:07 PM

3:20 in the background me cliffie and fitz speaking :lol:

#1874 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:20 PM

Wow. Genuine fame there, Luke. :lol:

#1875 jamiewillson

jamiewillson

• Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:28 PM

I'm not sure who out of the top competitors are there this weekend but Lloyd has a garage, as do RCM and Renshaw so we may even be fortunate enough to see the Gobstopper 2 out for the first time. I think there may be other OHW out too going by some of the names. So, the Europa could be in with a shout, especially as all the Pro guys this year seem to be having real problems getting their slicks working properly. Just out of interest I was looking at some of the TSL data the other night trying to see how far down on top speed I was a Brands 2 years ago and saw that Gareth Lloyd in the Evo was doing nearly 160mph over the start finish line!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Quite unbelievable.

#1876 luke.

luke.

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:34 PM

Wow. Genuine fame there, Luke. :lol:

Jealousy is a terrible thing Matt :lol:

#1877 Baron Von Scubadaddy

Baron Von Scubadaddy

STAGE 3.333333333333333333333333333333

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,643 posts
  • Interests:Girls, Cars,..... ! spending time asking questions about why my car won't work

Posted 02 July 2012 - 05:53 PM

I like that cliffie you got cut right out of that only twice did I see the car !!! We need to speak to them about this !!!

#1878 Baron Von Scubadaddy

Baron Von Scubadaddy

STAGE 3.333333333333333333333333333333

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,643 posts
  • Interests:Girls, Cars,..... ! spending time asking questions about why my car won't work

Posted 02 July 2012 - 05:55 PM

I would like to say that I watched it with the sound off so if there were any dodgy voice overs or really bad euro trance music I didn't hear it.

#1879 cnrandall

cnrandall

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 06:43 PM

You can share my garage if you need to Chris as my sharer has pulled out. You can do a sneaky once over if you like. Are you testing Saturday?

That would be cool. Not there Saturday, think that might push the Mrs over the edge and I kind of know my way around Brands.

#1880 cnrandall

cnrandall

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 06:48 PM

I'm not sure who out of the top competitors are there this weekend but Lloyd has a garage, as do RCM and Renshaw so we may even be fortunate enough to see the Gobstopper 2 out for the first time. I think there may be other OHW out too going by some of the names. So, the Europa could be in with a shout, especially as all the Pro guys this year seem to be having real problems getting their slicks working properly.

Just out of interest I was looking at some of the TSL data the other night trying to see how far down on top speed I was a Brands 2 years ago and saw that Gareth Lloyd in the Evo was doing nearly 160mph over the start finish line!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Quite unbelievable.

160 down the straight is quick! Not sure what my chances are really, I'm on some used, hard and quite skinny slicks so that doesn't put me on the best foot. That said, Brands Indy will favor the lighter cars and I do know my way around the place. Should be a good fun weekend whatever happens :-)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users