rant

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 mart356

mart356

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,552 posts
  • Interests:Playing Music, listening to music, clubbing, going to gigs, cars, design, history, computers, restaurants, Phoenix Nights, travel, canoe/ kyak/ sailing, war, filums, sleeping, working out why girls dont tend to have hobbies.

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:55 PM

So, the second week in a row, some stupid biatches have smashed off my driver side wing mirror while my car is parked up. I live near a school run- rat run. Two months ago a woman reversed full whack into my Alfa Romeo and 'scrapered'....left the indicators hanging out of the bumper 0 fortunately my neighbour got their plate and the coppers were sent around. Two weeks ago a woman let her kid cycle into my car and smashed off the driver side VX wing mirror. I replaced it immediately and last night I was greeted with debris all over the road and a note on my car saying sorry, i hit it off reversing (hit? there was nothing left of the wing mirror). Makes me want to plant land mines around my car. For the last two weeks have noticed that my main head light had gone on driver side. Haven't had time to fix it. So, on several jounies from London to Oxford, i thought i'd see if anyone noticed i was driving around on full beam. Nope, nobody, not a flash a honk, a shaken fist. I might as well be driving around with glow in the dark stickers on the front of my car. There, thanks, needed that.

#2 Kal

Kal

• PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:58 PM

For a second, I thought you meant your wingmirrors were settling off steam. Was curious as to yet another 'VX' feature :)

#3 mart356

mart356

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,552 posts
  • Interests:Playing Music, listening to music, clubbing, going to gigs, cars, design, history, computers, restaurants, Phoenix Nights, travel, canoe/ kyak/ sailing, war, filums, sleeping, working out why girls dont tend to have hobbies.

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:10 PM

I would like exploding wing mirrors, so if they get hit, more damage done to the other car, for once!

#4 Gedi

Gedi

404 Not Found

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts
  • Interests:Nothing

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:16 PM

It's a shame we can't fold them in.
This thread might be of help to you http://www.vx220.org...12-wing-mirror/

#5 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:19 PM

It's a shame we can't fold them in.

Would rather somebody hit the brakes because they'd just mullered a wing mirror on my car rather than only realising they hit the car once they'd caved in the side of it before reaching a folded mirror. At least they're cheap. Audi wanted £430 to replace a wing mirror on my car.

#6 mart356

mart356

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,552 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:21 PM

Thanks. I bought one of those 2 weeks ago. I did notice that they are not as stiff. At 100 they err umm fold inwards...

#7 fezzasus

fezzasus

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,689 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:32 PM

the wing mirrors are also the same as a lot of late Rovers, certainly the Rover 200 and MGTF. Plenty of choice out there. I must say my car has been parked on the street for 3 years and i've never had an issue other than someone writing 'small willy' in the dirt. I think you've just been unlucky.

#8 fezzasus

fezzasus

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,689 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:33 PM

Also, replacing the headlight bulb is a 2 minute job.

#9 TheRealVXed

TheRealVXed

Sidekick

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,975 posts
  • Interests:Holy potatoes, fist combat, lycra

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:34 PM

someone writing 'small willy' in the dirt.

:lol: Pesky kids!!!

#10 fezzasus

fezzasus

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,689 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:42 PM

I kept it, much funnier than kicking my wing mirror off.

#11 Silent Steve

Silent Steve

Tit

• 2,000 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:00 PM

So, you are saying that children know he has a small willy?

Yewtree!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rant

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users