#221 Zoobeef

Zoobeef

Joes bedroom assistant.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,103 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 09:31 AM

These turned up today.

Posted Image

I only needed 2 small inserts and they sent me 4 small inserts and 2 bearings.

So once I've fitted everything ill have 2 small + 2 large inserts and 2 bearings spare for the future :)

Hopefully get it all fitted today.

#222 Zoobeef

Zoobeef

Joes bedroom assistant.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,103 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 01:33 PM

All the wishbones are now back on and torqued up. Having a spot of dinner before tackling the steering rack then depending on the time/my arsedness ill take the rear diffuser off and get the exhaust off. I don't know wet her to put the Nitrons back on and back on its wheels or leave them off and wait till the quantoms turn up. Apparently they were dispatched yesterday but they are taking a rather long route to get here!

#223 TazN

TazN

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,931 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Airsoft, American Football, Cars

Posted 30 May 2014 - 01:51 PM

I'm never keen to leave a car on axles if I can help it. Given that switching them over is 5-10mins a corner I'd be inclined to put it back on and then when the quantums turn up swap them. 

#224 Zoobeef

Zoobeef

Joes bedroom assistant.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,103 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 04:16 PM

It's been sat on my sloped (not the rasist slope) drive for 2 weeks already :D Steering rack has been off, refurb ed and is now back on. About to tackle the exhaust.

#225 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

I ADMIT BATMAN THINKS HE IS QUICKER THAN ME

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,727 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 04:22 PM

This needs moving to project thread, looking like this is going to be a cracking car very soon

#226 Zoobeef

Zoobeef

Joes bedroom assistant.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,103 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 07:41 PM

But I'm still a newby, I can't have a project haha. Exhaust is off, new Tubby back box is on. Centre section is staying off until I've taken out the pre cat and cat. Tomorrow's list is to change one of the rivnuts for the splitter then refit the splitter and headlights. Then it's waiting on the exhaust and quantoms.

#227 Zoobeef

Zoobeef

Joes bedroom assistant.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,103 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 01:43 PM

Amazing what you can get done while the Mrs is away. Front splitter is back on along with the headlights. Also the lawn is mowed, drive and patio is weedkilled and flowerbeds de-weeded. To do list: Decat and deprecat the centre section Refit centre section Refit diffuser + rear towing eye Fit suspension Use a lambda plug to make the cheater plug and play Make end things for front splitter Visit MBR for bump steer kit fitting and a full setup Get on with ordering a front door and window so I can get the plasterer in for my hall and stairs.

#228 Zoobeef

Zoobeef

Joes bedroom assistant.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,103 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 05:54 PM

Fitted the suspension today, then fitted the centre section back on the exhaust, along with the cheater. Then the rear brace bar went back on along with the diffuser and rear towing eye. Wheels went back on and then the under tray. Then the wheels came back off so I could raise it up and actually get it on the trailer tomorrow. Getting dropped off at Matt Bentleys tomorrow night for some of his magic.

#229 Zoobeef

Zoobeef

Joes bedroom assistant.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,103 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 05:59 PM

Picked it back up from Matt on Friday.
Here's the scales
Posted Image

The dials say I have 28 litres in the tank and my helmets in the boot.
I still need to get rid of the windows and winding mechanisms soon I think.

#230 rob999

rob999

Cat in a Hat

• 12,795 posts
  • Interests:Footy, Tennis, Fire.

Posted 06 July 2014 - 07:21 PM

Lardy bastard ;)

#231 Zoobeef

Zoobeef

Joes bedroom assistant.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,103 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 07:51 PM

As I'm only 69kg I've saved some weight over some others there :D

#232 mbes2

mbes2

Someone say Plasti Dip?

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,510 posts
  • Interests:"Keep it standard"
    "Yes, I built it"

Posted 11 July 2014 - 06:49 AM

I'm a little shocked.... As mine is only 77kg more...and you have very little left to remove Need to get mine down to 800kg. .. 400+ bhp per ton then

Edited by mbes2, 11 July 2014 - 06:52 AM.

#233 Zoobeef

Zoobeef

Joes bedroom assistant.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,103 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 06:56 AM

My windows need to come out and the mechanism and I also could do with loosing the standard seat frames. I could use some thinner ply for the splitter too. Fuel makes a big difference at just under a kg a litre.

#234 Zoobeef

Zoobeef

Joes bedroom assistant.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,103 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 05:25 PM

Pictures from Blyton Park today.

https://www.facebook...=1&l=247f67da47

#235 Zoobeef

Zoobeef

Joes bedroom assistant.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,103 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 10:37 AM

After watching through a couple of hours of footage i think i found most of the slides and the 2 spins. All when trying to push in the wet as its an area id like to be good at.

https://www.youtube....eature=youtu.be

#236 SteveA

SteveA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,151 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 01:27 PM

Nice vid, good work. You are still taking the dry line in the wet tho (at the end), its always going to be slippy on there.

#237 Zoobeef

Zoobeef

Joes bedroom assistant.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,103 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 01:57 PM

Nice vid, good work. You are still taking the dry line in the wet tho (at the end), its always going to be slippy on there.

This was my quickest once it had dryer out Fast lap of Blyton Park. VX220 NA: How would you change it in the wet? Just pull it tighter?

#238 SteveA

SteveA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,151 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 02:23 PM

In the dry everyone uses the same line which gets loads of rubber on it making it really fast, when it rains the water sits on that rubber and becomes very slippery. You basically sit a car width off the dry line in the braking and corner exit phases and then avoid the dry line by going deeper on entry. It's not quite as simple as that but there are plenty of guides by people a lot more qualified to talk about it than me. This one explains it nicely

http://scottmansell....t-driving-rain/

#239 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• 11,587 posts
  • Interests:Rock climbing, skiing, kayaking, surfing, mountaineering, budgies, chess, practical mechanics.

Posted 21 July 2014 - 03:26 PM

http://youtu.be/zGNPG1FfNnQ

Blimey that looks pretty fast Innman. Have you considered taking your wing off, as it's both (rear-ward) weight and air resistance to overcome? BTW, did you eliminate your charcoal canister, if so can you write a guide (pretty please!). I've been wanting to do this for years, but didn't have the balls in case I messed up and had a fire (after reading about Batman's fire). Your new spring rates sound mental on a circa 800 KG car, how do you find the car handles on uneven bumps ?

Edited by Nev, 21 July 2014 - 03:30 PM.

#240 Zoobeef

Zoobeef

Joes bedroom assistant.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,103 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 03:38 PM

Blimey that looks pretty fast Innman. Have you considered taking your wing off, as it's both (rear-ward) weight and air resistance to overcome? BTW, did you eliminate your charcoal canister, if so can you write a guide (pretty please!). I've been wanting to do this for years, but didn't have the balls in case I messed up and had a fire (after reading about Batman's fire). Your new spring rates sound mental on a circa 800 KG car, how do you find the car handles on uneven bumps ?
I'm going with the principle that I need the wing as it looks like a racing car and therefore is one. Wether it does anything is by the by haha. I didn't but promised myself I would next time the rear clam is off. On the Noble a small piece of pipe comes from the tank, goes to a small motorsport roll over valve then exits through the floor just in front of the rear wheel. I found at Blyton when hard braking over bumps it skips a little. Wether I can dial that out by adjusting the dampers I don't know. If I know more about how a really good car should feel then I could test and adjust on the day. I've done 7 trackdays now in total! So I have a hell of alot to learn.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users