whos pre-ordered it

• Please log in to reply
284 replies to this topic

#61 LY_Scott

LY_Scott

Formerly LY055SCO

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,221 posts
  • Interests:Stock Car Racing. Sailing, Good Food and Drink! Celtic, Scottish National Team. Bands

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:30 AM

Yep, not a bad return is it.

£150m outlay, £500m return on day one!

I'll take a wander along to Leith Street at lunch to see if they've painted the building gold yet.

#62 MWS

MWS

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts
  • Interests:Football - Stockport County & VFB Stuttgart
    Cars - VX220s
    Basketball - Miami Heat

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:16 AM

Got home last night from footy to find a copy of GTA V waiting for me on the dining table.

Big thanks to Missus MWS!

Played for a couple of hours last night. Went for a blast round the ring road (which takes a bloomin long time!) and then started the story line a bit. Lamar and Franklin don't half make me laugh!

The driving is much different. The cars seem to brake and turn much sharper so i've ended up crashing quite a bit where i would normally not have done on GTA 4 for example. I'll get used it for sure.

#63 WrightStuff

WrightStuff

i am sheldon cooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:00 AM

Got home last night from footy to find a copy of GTA V waiting for me on the dining table.

Big thanks to Missus MWS!

Played for a couple of hours last night. Went for a blast round the ring road (which takes a bloomin long time!) and then started the story line a bit. Lamar and Franklin don't half make me laugh!

The driving is much different. The cars seem to brake and turn much sharper so i've ended up crashing quite a bit where i would normally not have done on GTA 4 for example. I'll get used it for sure.

The handling has always been terrible in the GTA games, its just slightly less terrible in GTA V.

One useful option I did find in the vehicle settings is you can set the camera angle higher than normal. I find the default camera angle is too flat/low so its harder to see whats coming up on the road.

#64 Judderman

Judderman

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Driving on Welsh Roads, Gaming Xbox/PC

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:03 AM

I noticed the handling was really loose when using cars at first but they've done a driving skill system so as you drive more you'll find cars handle better and are more glued to the road.

Unlocked the crazy redneck char last night, you'll not worry about handling when you have a redneck truck and spend most of the time driving at or through stuff :)

#65 Rosssco

Rosssco

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,181 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:05 AM

Who cares about how the cars handle, its nto a driving game as such.. As long as you can accurately mow down pedestrians, prostitutes and pimps, and perform the pit maneuver on some vehicles, then its all good.. :D

Tempted to buy a copy. Havent played them since Vice City 10 years ago. I was addicted then, but I was a student so had plenty time..

#66 haggi961

haggi961

1cobrav8 is my god

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,003 posts
  • Interests:Keeping fit and in shape, and pretty much anything to do with an engine.

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:47 AM

Epic! I too spent a lot of time driving around last night. Went to the top of Mt Chiliad and all over the norther area. I stumbled accross a fort in a forest area which was full of about 30 dudes wearing y fronts who weren't best pleased to see me when I eventually got in. Didn't last long there haha! It was definitely a wtf moment! I also managed to steal a helicopter from the military base on the west coast, only narrowly missing getting taken down by an F15 or something, and I got away from the wanted level after about 15 mins of evasive flying. Managed to go back to the y front cult fort place and still got annihilated even when armed with rockets :lol: I will not be defeated by them again! Time for some serious body armour and explosives! Anyone been on the stock market yet? My mate lost all his money pretty quickly on that!

Where's the tribe at as I spent most of last night trying to find it? Anybody robbed the jewerly store yet as I'm just about to start that mission, its awesome organising your team for the job. Jus

#67 CocoPops

CocoPops

SuperCharged Karting Super Hero

• 17,179 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:55 AM

Anybody robbed the jewerly store yet as I'm just about to start that mission, its awesome organising your team for the job. Jus

I've just done the casing of the joint for it, chose my team.

Then I went home (as Michael), did a cycle race to the pier, swam to a boat, got chased by some gunmen on a Jetski...

All in a days work.

I now need to find the gas, pest control vans etc for the Jewellry Heist, I chose the "quiet way"

#68 WrightStuff

WrightStuff

i am sheldon cooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:16 PM

so to summarize , its a bad driving game , plus a bit of fps , with some second life thrown in?

Its hard to pin GTA down to a particular genre! Open world sandbox I guess. There are elements of driving and fps's.
There is a central narrative that you have to follow to eventually complete the game. A series of consecutive missions gradually progresses the story. You need to make use of planes, trains and automobiles to get around the city because its huge.
There are also a ton of side missions and distractions that have nothing to do with the story but are there purely to fill the game with interesting and amusing things to do. Can't think of many games where you can play tennis, scuba dive and visit a strip club.
All this is done in typical Rockstar tongue-in-cheek style. Nothing is safe from being parodied.
Its just tremendous fun really.

#69 CocoPops

CocoPops

SuperCharged Karting Super Hero

• 17,179 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:23 PM

:yeahthat:

#70 spuk87

spuk87

Ex-owner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,624 posts
  • Interests:Cars, technology, drones, cycling

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:29 PM

I'm quite disappointed with the vehicle handling. GTA IV was semi-realistic, you really had to pay attention, brake and corner properly. Now it's gone back to old GTA style where you can be tanking along at full speed, hit the brakes and stop in 2 seconds :( . And motorbikes feel like absolute sh*t now. Plus they've made it over-safe, you can't even wheelie or stoppie too far so that you fall off, there's no skill at all to it now.

#71 Claws

Claws

Stage FA NA FTW!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,246 posts
  • Interests:Daft plastic cars

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:36 PM

:(

#72 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,611 posts
  • Interests:french maids

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:57 PM

I do get VR and alternate world environment , its just that up till now its been rubbish for a number of reason , its a shame you can't create your own persona in gtav . One of my fave reads was Dream Park by Larry Niven and Steven Barnes , if they can get close to that with the next gen of consoles and a storyline to match then great.

#73 Tuuurtle

Tuuurtle

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:45 PM

Epic! I too spent a lot of time driving around last night. Went to the top of Mt Chiliad and all over the norther area. I stumbled accross a fort in a forest area which was full of about 30 dudes wearing y fronts who weren't best pleased to see me when I eventually got in. Didn't last long there haha! It was definitely a wtf moment! I also managed to steal a helicopter from the military base on the west coast, only narrowly missing getting taken down by an F15 or something, and I got away from the wanted level after about 15 mins of evasive flying. Managed to go back to the y front cult fort place and still got annihilated even when armed with rockets :lol: I will not be defeated by them again! Time for some serious body armour and explosives! Anyone been on the stock market yet? My mate lost all his money pretty quickly on that!

Where's the tribe at as I spent most of last night trying to find it? Anybody robbed the jewerly store yet as I'm just about to start that mission, its awesome organising your team for the job. Jus
It's in the north west area, south of the town next to the coast. If I remember correctly there are lots of wiggly roads just north of the camp, and what seemed like a logging factory. On the in-game map it's where a short light grey road that doesn't connect to anything is. When I get home I'll try and give you a more accurate description, as this one sucks :lol:

#74 Tuuurtle

Tuuurtle

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:47 PM

Edited by Tuuurtle, 19 September 2013 - 03:16 PM.

#75 Tuuurtle

Tuuurtle

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:26 PM

Ok Haggi, on the paper map that comes with the game it's the little brown road 1cm below the 'W' of Chiliad Mountain State Wilderness in the grid reference C3. :)

#76 haggi961

haggi961

1cobrav8 is my god

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,003 posts
  • Interests:Keeping fit and in shape, and pretty much anything to do with an engine.

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:53 PM

Ok Haggi, on the paper map that comes with the game it's the little brown road 1cm below the 'W' of Chiliad Mountain State Wilderness in the grid reference C3. :)

Brill, il go have a look after repo on sky.

#77 LY_Scott

LY_Scott

Formerly LY055SCO

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,221 posts
  • Interests:Stock Car Racing. Sailing, Good Food and Drink! Celtic, Scottish National Team. Bands

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:06 PM

Thought i'd go passed their way on the way home see if they'd painted it gold or not.

Not gold but

Posted Image

Word thumbsup

#78 Tuuurtle

Tuuurtle

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:49 PM

Nice one Scott, any protesters outside?!

#79 Claws

Claws

Stage FA NA FTW!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,246 posts
  • Interests:Daft plastic cars

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:30 PM

Nice one Scott, any protesters outside?!

That hire van moving at speed had just taken them out :lol: Still haven't picked it up!

#80 chris_uk

chris_uk

I Fancy Joe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:24 PM

i have made a bit of cash on the stock market.. when doing missions for lemar (or what ever his name is) take note of the companies your are killing the CEO's of, but a sh*t load of shares in the opposite company, when you kill them there share prices will plummet and you will get a sh*t load, but dont sell straight away.. leave it a bit and watch your profits rise until them start to fall, sell the lot, then buy shares in the company you just fcuked up (will be at their lowest price by this point) put every $ you have into it.. and wait. i just planted $40k into one of the companies and when they got back up and running.. $300,000 profit lol

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users