284 replies to this topic

#101 Claws

Claws

Stage FA NA FTW!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,246 posts
  • Interests:Daft plastic cars

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:14 PM

£50,000,000? :lol: I guess they get that house replaced then! That does seem short! The last game was much longer. I'm not getting much free time to play it, bit I am off on Monday, so if the weather isn't upto much, I'll put a good few hours in :)

#102 MWS

MWS

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts
  • Interests:Football - Stockport County & VFB Stuttgart
    Cars - VX220s
    Basketball - Miami Heat

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:18 PM

Just completed the helicopter FIB raid.

Rappelling down the side of the building thumbsup

Planned my "Boat raid" went for the offshore option, not sure how thats gonna pan out, gotta nick a submarine and helicopter first.

Did all of the flight school with Michael, except I just can't get the parachute landing right :angry2:

Not long since done this one. I chose the offshore option too. Turns out to be a waste of time. I'll let you discover why!

On a different note, is it just me who finds flying the helicopters a lot more difficult? Not sure if it's just the character (only flown one with Michael), but it swings about all over the place!

Decided for a bit of fun to jump out of a plane at highest altitude. Took a while to hit the water but it resulted in instant death unlike GTA4 which would be fine if you fell into any water (even something shallow like a water fountain).

#103 mbes2

mbes2

Someone say Plasti Dip?

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,510 posts
  • Interests:"Keep it standard"
    "Yes, I built it"

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:22 PM

Im only 23% in I think, going to take my time playing it.

Lots to explore... Cant wait for xbox live to support it. 1st Oct I think

#104 D3YMO

D3YMO

Scammer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Gym, Basketball, Football, LFC, Usual Stuff...

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:27 PM

im 96.3% done lol

currently re-playing all the missions again, choosing different options than before...they all give you pretty much the same money :lol:

however i seem to be the only person in the universe who didnt get any option to invest :( ...not that i needed it haha

#105 CocoPops

CocoPops

SuperCharged Karting Super Hero

• 17,179 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:02 PM

So whats the easiest way to get cash then?

Or is there a good way to trade shares to make large amounts of money? Michael currently has £700k ish from the jewellery raid, how can I turn that into large amounts of cash?

#106 D3YMO

D3YMO

Scammer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:08 PM

So whats the easiest way to get cash then?

Or is there a good way to trade shares to make large amounts of money? Michael currently has £700k ish from the jewellery raid, how can I turn that into large amounts of cash?

I have bought all the business's, completed probably all the managment missions, collected all that needs to be collected and completed all the main missions, currently have 55,000,000 avg on each player after buying one of every car, boat, yacht and buying ridiculous amounts of ammunition, attachments, armour and colouring every gun etc

And to all those who are spending money on modifying cars...get franklin to buy los santos customs (mods become free) and modify them all with him and meet up with your characters to swap them etc

You make profits on your business per game play week, which is a couple of hours of game play...keep going to sleep (saving) and it winds the time on a few hours, speeds things along :)

im not actually sure what else there is for me to do, other than wait for online (which is apparently another game all in itself, so dont worry about how short the story lines part was)

Edited by D3YMO, 25 September 2013 - 02:11 PM.

#107 D3YMO

D3YMO

Scammer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:12 PM

I sound like a nerd...im honestly not, i hate playing every other game lol

#108 Tuuurtle

Tuuurtle

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:53 PM

I'm at exactly the same place as cocopops, just been given 750k, about 20% through in total as I've been doing lots of random character and strangers & freaks missions (as well as general exploring/murdering). Got my fighter jet in Trevor's Sandy Shore hanger :D. I heard something on the radio news about some businessman buying the Vapid car company, and that he usually buys businesses and makes them profitable, so I thought it would be a good opportunity to buy their shares to make a decent profit.... Turns out that you can't buy Vapid shares on the in-game market, only on the bawsaq market, so I doubt my plan would work. There have been a few occasions where I've heard stuff that could mean it's worth investing in them, but never found the company on the market. It's quite annoying. Maybe I need to play through the game a bit more before options to make money on the markets open up?

#109 MWS

MWS

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts
    Cars - VX220s
    Basketball - Miami Heat

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:56 PM

Where abouts in the airbase is the jet fighter? I did the mission where you steal the chopper, but didn't see any jet fighters available to steal!

#110 Bobby

Bobby

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:17 PM

On a different note, is it just me who finds flying the helicopters a lot more difficult? Not sure if it's just the character (only flown one with Michael), but it swings about all over the place!

Glad it's not just me! I gold starred everything in the flight school apart from the helicopter ones, barely scraped through those!

Currently trying to hunt down a Coil Voltic (the Elise lookalike), the story can wait!

#111 chris_uk

chris_uk

I Fancy Joe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:37 PM

Fir the elise just hang around michaels house for ten mins. To make most bucks do the lester (assassination) missions at the end so you have most money to invest.

#112 Tuuurtle

Tuuurtle

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:38 PM

The jets are buried either in the large hangers on the north side of the base, or in gated compounds off the north side of the runway. The helicopter is pretty near the entrance, the planes are further in, be prepared to avoid tanks whilst taxing to take off! Took me many attempts to successfully steal one with minimal damage to allow me to fly to the airstrip without the engine dying! Well worth it though! The missiles autolock on police took fly over :lol:

#113 Tuuurtle

Tuuurtle

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:40 PM

Any tips for knowing when to invest early on in the game, Chris?

#114 CocoPops

CocoPops

• 17,179 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:51 PM

Fir the elise just hang around michaels house for ten mins. To make most bucks do the lester (assassination) missions at the end so you have most money to invest.

So, in a noddy 1-2-3 step list?

1. Get Mission

2. Invest in competitor? (How easy to work out?)

3. Kill Person

4. Sell Shares?

#115 chris_uk

chris_uk

I Fancy Joe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:00 PM

[quote name="Tuuurtle" post="1606486" timestamp="1380123621"]

Any tips for knowing when to invest early on in the game, Chris?[/quote

Not really, you get most money investing in the lester missions.. But i did notice that AUG went up to 140% so you could throw a load of money in there.

I chucked a load of money into lifeinvader thinking it had reached rock bottom... I was wrong Ended up loosing 500k on each player lol

#116 Tuuurtle

Tuuurtle

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:33 PM

Cheers Chris, I'll take my shares out of lifeinvader then!!

#117 CocoPops

CocoPops

• 17,179 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:31 PM

Well that fcuking sub mission is a waste of fcuking time!

#118 Bobby

Bobby

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:51 AM

The heists are getting a bit disappointing now, I thought they would be more like the jewellery store with decision making and strategies and stuff. They just feel like the usual run and gun missions now (done the bank) :(

Someone tell me they get better?

#119 CocoPops

CocoPops

• 17,179 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:37 PM

So online goes live today.

Anyone set up a crew?

#120 MWS

MWS

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts
    Cars - VX220s
    Basketball - Miami Heat

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:53 PM

Glad it's not just me! I gold starred everything in the flight school apart from the helicopter ones, barely scraped through those!

Currently trying to hunt down a Coil Voltic (the Elise lookalike), the story can wait!

I find Coil Voltic's pretty easy to come by. They are rapid and amazingly quiet. Presume it's an electric car.

Anyone driven the Bugatti Veyron look-a-like? Unreal!  

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users