Bitcoin

• Please log in to reply
221 replies to this topic

#101 kitcar765

kitcar765

• PipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:38 PM

reached £660 today. lots of news stories.   

#102 VX Boyd

VX Boyd

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts
  • Interests:Stevenage FC.
    The VX220.
    My work.
    Pubs.

Posted 28 November 2013 - 08:16 AM

Cheapest on bitbargain is now £815!!!

And LiteCoins up to £39.50 they were ~£2.50 when I first saw them about a month ago  :angry2:

#103 JD VX220

JD VX220

• Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 08:23 AM

Yup - I sold LTC at £8...

...mind you I purchased them at £3 :)

Hours of fun!

#104 slindborg

slindborg

The Bishop of Stortford

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,602 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 10:59 AM

And LiteCoins up to £39.50 they were ~£2.50 when I first saw them about a month ago  :angry2:

They were £10 on monday when I looked... oh well, missed this boat.

#105 VX Boyd

VX Boyd

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts
    The VX220.
    My work.
    Pubs.

Posted 28 November 2013 - 11:31 AM

They're now £50. fcuking mental.

#106 slindborg

slindborg

The Bishop of Stortford

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,602 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 11:33 AM

They're now £50. fcuking mental.

woah! they were £35 on ebay last night lmao. Maybe the boat is not missed

#107 fezzasus

fezzasus

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,689 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 11:36 AM

Boat is certainly not missed. Litecoins should get to 25 % value of bitcoins. Even with the Bitcoin staying flat that's about £150 a coin. Obviously Bitcoin will increase too in that time.

#108 VX Boyd

VX Boyd

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts
    The VX220.
    My work.
    Pubs.

Posted 28 November 2013 - 11:37 AM

Just don't see how they can carry on growing like this. If I bought the £50 of Lite when I made that post on page 1, it would have been worth ~£1000.  :sick:

BitCoin has a slot on Jeremy Vine on Radio 2 later as apparently some poor bastard threw away a hard drive 3 years ago with a few thousand coins on (~£4m I think they said!). Apparently hired some people and diggers to try and find it in the waste dump.

Edited by VX Boyd, 28 November 2013 - 11:40 AM.

#109 fezzasus

fezzasus

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,689 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 11:47 AM

The price has shot up because they've become difficult to mine. Once any of these digital coins become difficult to mine there essentially becomes a finite number which then start to go up in value. The altcoins have been boosted by the success of Bitcoin, so it is slightly inflated, however I believe that Litecoins do as well as Bitcoins (bearing in mind being worth 25 % of value as there are 4 x asmany) because the transaction confirmation time is quicker. this means they can realistically be used for real world transactions.

#110 VX Boyd

VX Boyd

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts
    The VX220.
    My work.
    Pubs.

Posted 28 November 2013 - 11:53 AM

What's worst, I tried to buy £50 worth off of BitBargain last week when they were £8 a coin but the site was too busy to verify me - totally gutted.

Managed to get the verification stuff uploaded yesterday but it's still pending.

#111 dave_dub86

dave_dub86

• Pip
  • 247 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 12:46 PM

I've just sold all my litecoin for 1000% profit, bought it at $3.6 :) litecoin will never reach 25% the value of bitcoin, it's no where near as accepted. I'm waiting for my bitstamp account to finish being verified and I'm selling my bitcoin too. My original intention of getting into cryptos was to fund my FX trading account as that's what I've always wanted to do. I now have £1k for my FX account and the rest is paying for my Mongol Rally trip in July :) sad to be getting out of cryptos as it's been a wild ride but it's just too risky to stay in long term.

#112 VX Boyd

VX Boyd

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts
    The VX220.
    My work.
    Pubs.

Posted 28 November 2013 - 12:54 PM

Nice one Dave!

The Radio 2 thing was about some poor Welsh guy that mined 7500 BitCoins in 2009, forgot about them, threw his laptop away 3 months ago which had them on, saw a story about the current value, realised they were worth £4m (last week, now £6m), went as far as visiting his local landfill to see if there was any chance of finding it!

#113 dave_dub86

dave_dub86

• Pip
  • 247 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 01:11 PM

There are a few stories like that, one fella forgot his passphrase for his wallet which had a load of coins in, how gutted would you be

#114 kitcar765

kitcar765

• PipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 08:05 PM

bitcoin reached £750 today. i was in at £30 a coin. quite a happy chappy.  watch ITV news at 22:20 tonight. my next prediction is that gold will be 15 times its current value (measured in sterling) by the end of 2015. mark carney is making some vain attempts to "cool the housing market" but its allready too late! the coming uk property crash will take sterling with it in 2015.    

#115 Boombang

Boombang

Saxo boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,022 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 08:09 PM

10th March 2000

#116 kitcar765

kitcar765

• PipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 08:20 PM

even if it is a bubble. it would rely on new entrants. As bitcoin is not widely known the time to sell would be when the average moron starts to talk about it. When you start to get people who dont have a clue about economics buying in time to run for the hills. Just the same goes for people buying houses who have no idea interest rates are at 300 year record lows. a sign of a coming collapse. Bitcoin will boom and bust loads over that time. people need to diversify out of sterling. Even if you dont like bitcoin. Get some other currencies even if they are fiat. 9 million people in serious debt. No way to clear the national debt. Cant inflate it away. Have to default. I save in a pension as a hedge against my own stupidity but i fully expect it to be worthless. I have been taking photos for two years now to document this period of history. We live in interesting times indeed! rotting "property for sale" signs. If anything the money i spent when bitcoins were £30 wouldn't ruin me if bitcoins became worthless. and its be well worth it for the ride/entertainment!    

#117 kitcar765

kitcar765

• PipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 08:21 PM

just as with the property boom. you wont get burnt if as long as you dont spend unrealised profits. 

Edited by kitcar765, 28 November 2013 - 08:22 PM.

#118 VX Boyd

VX Boyd

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts
    The VX220.
    My work.
    Pubs.

Posted 29 November 2013 - 08:16 AM

even if it is a bubble. it would rely on new entrants. As bitcoin is not widely known the time to sell would be when the average moron starts to talk about it. When you start to get people who dont have a clue about economics buying in time to run for the hills.  

Unfortunately, I thought I was one of those average morons who came across a media story so didn't bother getting involved. Seems I actually picked it up at an excellent time (ltc especially) but completely bottled it. 

#119 dave_dub86

dave_dub86

• Pip
  • 247 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 08:34 AM

Litecoin looking bearish, I might have sold at just the right time!

#120 Tony H

Tony H

Lotus on Crack

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts
  • Interests:Serbian turbo-folk

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:10 AM

This all seems a bit tulip mania to me. Think there is way more speculation than actual exchange for goods and services going on.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)