Bitcoin

• Please log in to reply
221 replies to this topic

#161 deano01

deano01

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts
  • Interests:Playing with chainsaws and other power tools, Films, rallying, fishing, Vx

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:35 PM

None of this makes any sense to me either, however if there is a way of making money i'm in.

Or I will just stick to my day job.

#162 kitcar765

kitcar765

• PipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:45 PM

i love having assets that fluctuate in value. bit more fun than knowing you get x amount in salary a month. Quite fun to update a spread-sheet each month and track your personal worth. If i ever got made redundant i would qualify for state aid as most of my monies are in assets which they dont count. Instead of having to spend my savings. Plus having cash in the bank (apart from loosing value) would get spent on shite if i didn't put it into assets. Easy enough to liquidate if required.  holding nerve in markets is tricky. I'm sticking well away from stock markets as they seen overdue a correction. Although its impossible to tell what's going to happen with all the money printing right now. I hope to own assets that will appreciate against depreciating assets i would like to buy. And its hours of fun.   

Edited by kitcar765, 01 December 2013 - 09:55 PM.

#163 Bargi

Bargi

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,483 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:56 PM

So what's recommended for buying Litecoins?

Litecoin Wallet and then Ebay?

#164 RabnaKS

RabnaKS

If anyone can talk Bllx, I can!💣

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,717 posts
  • Interests:MTB, VX220, oh & cars, golf, sarcasm with humour!

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:56 PM

extremely long term it probably is worth joining a mining pool. But buying in seems most sensible at the moment. as bitcoin is soo young. and adoption is only slowly starting at the moment. its still very early days. You would still be a pioneer buying now. i see at least £1000 by the end of 2014. The fed will announce no taper on wednesday and send BTC higher again.

Don't want to get involved in the bitcoin panto. But wasn't there a report on the news about a guy who was worth 1m, he had an issue with his hard drive replaced it & binned the hard drive in error & something about it's not stored anywhere else but your own PC & now he's bitcoinless?  He even went to his local tip to search for it without luck?

#165 kitcar765

kitcar765

• PipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 10:35 PM

i think bitbargain is probably the easiest way paypal is trying to stop crypto buying as bitcoin is eating into their profits. (bitcoin now bigger than western union money transfer) so you may have to bank transfer, so how much do you trust the seller?!? its actually a right pain buying in the uk. And the litecoin wallet required you to download the whole chain history which will take a few hours. I dont have enough hard-drive space!  

#166 kitcar765

kitcar765

• PipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 10:37 PM

extremely long term it probably is worth joining a mining pool. But buying in seems most sensible at the moment. as bitcoin is soo young. and adoption is only slowly starting at the moment. its still very early days. You would still be a pioneer buying now. i see at least £1000 by the end of 2014. The fed will announce no taper on wednesday and send BTC higher again.

Don't want to get involved in the bitcoin panto. But wasn't there a report on the news about a guy who was worth 1m, he had an issue with his hard drive replaced it & binned the hard drive in error & something about it's not stored anywhere else but your own PC & now he's bitcoinless?  He even went to his local tip to search for it without luck?

it was 7500 bitcoins which right now would be worth £4,560,000  

#167 fezzasus

fezzasus

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,689 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:52 PM

Kraken.com

No idea why anyone uses anything else.

#168 WrightStuff

WrightStuff

i am sheldon cooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 04:45 PM

i think bitbargain is probably the easiest way paypal is trying to stop crypto buying as bitcoin is eating into their profits. (bitcoin now bigger than western union money transfer) so you may have to bank transfer, so how much do you trust the seller?!? its actually a right pain buying in the uk. And the litecoin wallet required you to download the whole chain history which will take a few hours. I dont have enough hard-drive space!  

How many gb is the LTC blockchain at the minute ? Still have to go through this pain myself!

#169 kitcar765

kitcar765

• PipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:35 PM

not sure, only had about 4gb free and my laptop threw a tizwaz so gave up. Any computer built this century will probably be better.   

#170 LY_Scott

LY_Scott

Formerly LY055SCO

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,220 posts
  • Interests:Stock Car Racing. Sailing, Good Food and Drink! Celtic, Scottish National Team. Bands

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:07 PM

If you are collecting anything of value don't for the love of god do it on a home PC or Laptop. Get a cheap mini server with at least RAID 1 or something.

#171 kitcar765

kitcar765

• PipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 05:36 PM

banking system banned from dealing with Bitcoins in China crashed the price from £750 to £530.

Seems we are in for a long consolidation period.

Its crazy to see how much money is moving in and out of bitcoin.

Look at this website running on MTGOX and you can see the monies + amount

http://www.listentobitcoin.com/

#172 kitcar765

kitcar765

• PipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 06:10 PM

china still devouring bitcoin though!

http://fiatleak.com/

#173 dave_dub86

dave_dub86

• Pip
  • 247 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 06:14 PM

Glad I got out before the crash, the near future is not looking too bright for bitcoin I have to say. Time for a holiday :)

#174 kitcar765

kitcar765

• PipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 06:16 PM

UK tax authorities are reconsidering their classification of bitcoins as vouchers. So hopefully no longer require 20% VAT which is currently holding the UK back.

Edited by kitcar765, 06 December 2013 - 06:16 PM.

#175 kitcar765

kitcar765

• PipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 06:20 PM

FTSE100 is well overdue a correction. http://uk.finance.ya...urce=undefined;

Bitcoin and gold will do very well sometimes next year. There is no real recovery in the UK. 

#176 dave_dub86

dave_dub86

• Pip
  • 247 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 06:28 PM

I'm keeping well away from FTSE and focusing on FX, 100:1 leverage is just too much fun.

#177 dave_dub86

dave_dub86

• Pip
  • 247 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 06:34 PM

Kit you need to swap your btc for fiat while you still can, this crash could be epic.

#178 kitcar765

kitcar765

• PipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 08:10 PM

i have seen a lot happen over the year, looks like a massive crash. Lot of bad news from china and big sells.  long term future is bright for bitcoin, its a fun ride :) guess the bottom? i think £350  

#179 dave_dub86

dave_dub86

• Pip
  • 247 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 08:27 PM

Taking profits is more fun ;) I feel sorry for the guys who bought at $1,200...

#180 kitcar765

kitcar765

• PipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 08:42 PM

i have no idea what is going on. Lag is huge. 

http://bitcoinity.or...rkets/mtgox/GBP

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)