• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 -Dab-of-Oppo-

-Dab-of-Oppo-

Cuntpuffin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,646 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:14 PM

Took a punt on ordering one of these the other day. With all the rain we have been having the interior of the VX had got rather damp from wet shoes and jackets etc being inside and as a consequence was fogging up quite a bit so thought I'd give it a go. Left it on the dash for two nights and it seems to of helped a lot. I guess the ultimate test would be to leave it in a car that's outside when there's a frost. My car is normally garaged but I may leave it outside and do a with and without test over the next couple of days.

When the sachets of silica go a yellowy brown indicating they have absorbed their limit of moisture you can rejuvenate it in the microwave or oven and it should be good to go again.   

Anyway it may be worth a look if you want to try and save a few minutes of hassle on a cold damp morning. 

Posted Image

Edited by -Dab-of-Oppo-, 21 January 2014 - 08:17 PM.

#2 ollie2007

ollie2007

Sir drink a lot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts
  • Interests:Working on the VX ,alcohol, drunk street fighting with Rudy. life doesn't get much better than that

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:57 PM

Looks a good idea, I might need one now the cars back on the road feels so good to sit behind the steering wheel again, can you do me a favour and put your car 18ft approx. from a wall and then measure the light heights and pm me the heights?

#3 -Dab-of-Oppo-

-Dab-of-Oppo-

Cuntpuffin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,646 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:01 PM

Saw your other thread asking this. I think mine are slightly out so I might not be the best person to do that for you. If no one else offers I'll see what I can do tmrw for you. 

#4 Defcon5

Defcon5

• PipPip
  • 480 posts
  • Interests:Detailing, Motor Racing

Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:18 PM

Look good, tried to order one but PayPal doesn't seem to be working on their site. How quickly does it 'fill up'?

#5 -Dab-of-Oppo-

-Dab-of-Oppo-

Cuntpuffin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,646 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:24 PM

They are on Amazon for the same £10.20 delivered (or less for smaller sizes) You can get cheaper alternatives that no doubt will do the same job but this one supposedly uses a better grade of desiccant and seems well proven. 

Can't say how long they go before 'filling up' mine does not appear to have discoloured at all yet. Guess it largely depends on the location of it and the severity of the conditions. 

#6 VX Boyd

VX Boyd

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts
  • Interests:Stevenage FC.
    The VX220.
    My work.
    Pubs.

Posted 23 January 2014 - 03:21 PM

Ordered one, my car is awful for this and it leaks a little with the hard top on so it will be tested to it's limits.

#7 -Dab-of-Oppo-

-Dab-of-Oppo-

Cuntpuffin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,646 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 03:43 PM

I'm holding fire on my final judgement of it. Perhaps stupidly at the same time as putting it in I treated the windscreen with an anti-fog spray so can't really say how much of the improvement can be attributed to each thing. Even if it turns out it can't properly contend with the in car conditions it will be put to use elsewhere indoors so won't be a wasted purchase.  

Edited by -Dab-of-Oppo-, 23 January 2014 - 03:44 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users