• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#41 anz3001

anz3001

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 09:05 AM

so the 235/45/17 are fine on a 7.5J rear wheel ? I have the /40 and never did get that to fit , so got some extra wide wheels. But would be nice to re use my 2 set of rears wheels again , so might go for that.

Sizten, keep an old 40 profile next time you change, i'll pay for you to send it to me and i'll fit it to a standard rear. I'm sure its down to the way its been fitted/lubricated/inflated.

#42 Tony H

Tony H

Lotus on Crack

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts
  • Interests:Serbian turbo-folk

Posted 13 October 2014 - 02:52 PM

Not sure but don't think they can do that legally. Complain to your credit card.

#43 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 03:21 PM

Looks pretty clear to me, in their T&C's

Cancellation

The customer may cancel a contract within 7 business days from the day of delivery. The customer will cover the return shipping costs. The products must be returned in their original conditions and packaging, and must not have been used or damaged. The customer must send CP REIFEN TRADING GMBH a notification letter for the return of the goods.

CP REIFEN TRADING GMBH will be in charge of shipping back your parcel. You will be refunded within 30 days with a deduction for the return fee

But feel free to wend your way across the internet thread bombing any references to Tyreleader. :lol:

Posted Image

#44 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,611 posts
  • Interests:french maids

Posted 13 October 2014 - 03:40 PM

so the only reason you came here was to troll TyreLeader?

#45 CocoPops

CocoPops

SuperCharged Karting Super Hero

• 17,178 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 03:40 PM

Along with the fact geordieandy registered just 3minutes before his first ever post, which was to complain about tyreleader? Perhaps I'm missing something, but it seems a little odd to me. :unsure: -edit- Just seen Matt's google screenshot! :lol:

#46 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,611 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 03:45 PM

okay, flagged as spammer

#47 Mopeytitan

Mopeytitan

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,908 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Motorbikes, well anything mechanical.
    My dogs (love my dogs).
    F1.

Posted 13 October 2014 - 03:52 PM

I may have to have a look into this website in future just paid 500 to get the outlanders tyres changed probably could've got them cheaper :( never mind know for next time :lol:

#48 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 04:25 PM

Just make sure you order the right tyres in order to avoid cancelling. :P

#49 geordieandy

geordieandy

• 4 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 05:51 PM

How am I a spammer exactly? I am not promoting another site or making any of this up!? I did a search out of sheer frustration today for any sites mentioning this company and posted my experience to try and warn others of the extent of their so called return fees which they have told me is £25 PER TYRE which in my case is 75% of the price I paid including delivery originally for 4 supposedly cheap tyres. If you don't want me to update this thread any further then that's fine.

Also to the person saying order the right tyres in future - have you never ordered slightly the wrong thing then only realised when checking your email the next day? I have and I'm sure others have but I have certainly never been charged 75% of the order cost for such a cancellation BEFORE the item was despatched and I had notified them as per their terms and conditions.

Edited by geordieandy, 13 October 2014 - 05:54 PM.

#50 Mopeytitan

Mopeytitan

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,908 posts
    My dogs (love my dogs).
    F1.

Posted 13 October 2014 - 05:55 PM

Just make sure you order the right tyres in order to avoid cancelling. :P

thought that was directed at me :lol: was a bit confused at first

#51 Mopeytitan

Mopeytitan

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,908 posts
    My dogs (love my dogs).
    F1.

Posted 13 October 2014 - 05:58 PM

How am I a spammer exactly? I am not promoting another site or making any of this up!? I did a search out of sheer frustration today for any sites mentioning this company and posted my experience to try and warn others of the extent of their so called return fees which they have told me is £25 PER TYRE which in my case is 75% of the price I paid including delivery originally for 4 supposedly cheap tyres. If you don't want me to update this thread any further then that's fine.

Also to the person saying order the right tyres in future - have you never ordered slightly the wrong thing then only realised when checking your email the next day? I have and I'm sure others have but I have certainly never been charged 75% of the order cost for such a cancellation BEFORE the item was despatched and I had notified them as per their terms and conditions.

how cheap where you tyres :o

you can't give them a bad review because of a charge they still have to make money your getting charged for handling fee and shipping to you. you wont have been the only person to order the wrong tyres and if the didnt charge for these fees the tyres would have to be a lot more expensive to cover those unforeseen costs,

just my 2p

#52 geordieandy

geordieandy

• 4 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 08:42 PM

I'm highlighting to others that if you order something from them and cancel your order via the only means possible (their online ticketing system) BEFORE they have despatched the tyres that their 'return fee' of what was £25 per tyre for me is completely disproportionate to any other online retailer I have ever used. I actually offered to pay them £25 towards the cost of them sending me an unwanted order however they refused this so I'm not taking it up with my credit card company so will see where that leads. Hopefully others won't have to find out the hard way that this companies 'return fee' can seemingly be whatever they choose as it's not displayed either at a fixed amount, a percentage of even if it's per tyre or per order anywhere on their web site or in the documentation you get when ordering with them. All the best.

Edited by geordieandy, 13 October 2014 - 08:43 PM.

#53 Graeme Lambert

Graeme Lambert

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 11:12 PM

Measure twice, measure again and cut once

#54 Rudy

Rudy

ZZZzzzzz.....

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,375 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 06:32 AM

So, if your a dick and order the wrong tyres you get charged a return fee as per t&c's. Seems fair enough to me.

#55 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,611 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 07:59 AM

the tyres will probably still fit , what size have they sent you compared to what you wanted

#56 geordieandy

geordieandy

• 4 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 08:53 AM

I needed commercial rated tyres for an old vw bus I'm restoring and despite clicking through their site onto what I thought was c rated the tyres I ended up ordering didn't have the c rating hence I tried to cancel BEFORE they despatched them. I would have been happy taking a credit note for them against something else but I was never offered this, never told the cancellation / return fee by their online customer support person and this fee if it is indeed £25 per tyre is not stated anywhere on their web site  :tt:

Therefore being called 'a dick' for ordering the wrong tyres seems a little harsh? I'm sure you have ordered something from a web site then on closer inspection / after looking elsewhere wanted to cancel and either cancelled or been told to refuse delivery if they had already despatched the item? If so You would be pretty shocked of 16 days after you ordered the company turned round and plucked a 'return fee' out their arse for all I know which works out about 70% of the original price I paid to get the original tyres INCLUDING the shipping. I'm taking it up with my credit card company now as others have since contacted me saying this is the only thing that has worked for them so take my experience as you want but hopefully it will help others who aren't perfect and think about cancelling their order with these lot think twice and hopefully also force them to have this 'return fee' displayed somewhere on their web site.

Edited by geordieandy, 14 October 2014 - 08:54 AM.

#57 Pidgeon

Pidgeon

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,254 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 09:05 AM

Credit card co will assist where there has been a breach of contract :rolleyes:

#58 G-Bob

G-Bob

Embarrassing VX's in an MX5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,256 posts
  • Interests:Silver VX Bashing!

Posted 14 October 2014 - 10:11 AM

So what’s the deal with the cheap prices then?

Are they based abroad?  

What’s a rough delivery cost for 4 tyres?

#59 Rudy

Rudy

ZZZzzzzz.....

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,375 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 11:33 AM

Harsh? Nah. I'm sure you called yourself that when your realised It was your fault, not tyreleader, for ordering the wrong uns :lol: I'd check where they were returned to (Germany is it? should say on your tracking email) so you can estimate what you'd have had to have paid and take it up directly with tyreleader. I seriously doubt your credit card will be interested tbh.

#60 jayworth2

jayworth2

• Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 05:55 PM

I'm running 235/45 RSRs on 7.5j td1.2s. The spec sheet from federal shows this as the lower limit of the rim size. http://www.federalti...c595RS-R_Eu.pdf ( 235/40 min rim width is 8 which may be why you had issues) I'll be honest I only went for the 235s as they have an extra 1.3mm of tread depth from new and I'm a tight northerner :D

About to order a pair in this size and being a few months just wanted to be sure you had no trouble fitting the 235 45 17 on the rear standard rims and that they have not been rubbing at all during cornering etc. Thanks in advance Luke.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users