• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#61 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

I ADMIT BATMAN THINKS HE IS QUICKER THAN ME

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,727 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 06:03 PM

They are not easy to get on the rims My tyre fitter said but they do go on No rubbing on my na-sc road or track And there was no rubbing when I leant them to a mate for his turbo on a track day and driving back and to

#62 ArticMonkey

ArticMonkey

On the run from the grammar police!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,792 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 07:42 PM

They are not easy to get on the rims My tyre fitter said but they do go on No rubbing on my na-sc road or track And there was no rubbing when I leant them to a mate for his turbo on a track day and driving back and to

What did your mate think of your budget tyres? ;)

#63 Luke84

Luke84

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 07:50 PM

I'm running 235/45 RSRs on 7.5j td1.2s. The spec sheet from federal shows this as the lower limit of the rim size. http://www.federalti...c595RS-R_Eu.pdf ( 235/40 min rim width is 8 which may be why you had issues) I'll be honest I only went for the 235s as they have an extra 1.3mm of tread depth from new and I'm a tight northerner :D

About to order a pair in this size and being a few months just wanted to be sure you had no trouble fitting the 235 45 17 on the rear standard rims and that they have not been rubbing at all during cornering etc. Thanks in advance Luke.  

No issues on a 7.5 rim, I can't remember what width the standard wheels are! I've had a tiny tiny bit of rub on the plastic inner arches but I am running a pretty aggressive camber. Been very impressed with them and will buy again when these ones are spent,

#64 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

I ADMIT BATMAN THINKS HE IS QUICKER THAN ME

• 13,727 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 08:10 PM

GeorgeBC said they were very good value for money But not quite as sticky as a set of 888s but he was comparing them to his wider 17 all round And hadent set the car up for 17/16 combo He will hopfully be trying a set of zzr at oulton with same setup soon and weather permitted he can compare them to zzr Overall he was impressed with grip from the money spent

#65 Rudy

Rudy

ZZZzzzzz.....

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,375 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 09:56 PM

I'm running 235/45 RSRs on 7.5j td1.2s. The spec sheet from federal shows this as the lower limit of the rim size. http://www.federalti...c595RS-R_Eu.pdf ( 235/40 min rim width is 8 which may be why you had issues) I'll be honest I only went for the 235s as they have an extra 1.3mm of tread depth from new and I'm a tight northerner :D

About to order a pair in this size and being a few months just wanted to be sure you had no trouble fitting the 235 45 17 on the rear standard rims and that they have not been rubbing at all during cornering etc. Thanks in advance Luke.  
Had these ones on the rear since May and no issues at all. No trouble with the fitting. Great tyres for the price thumbsup

Edited by Rudy, 19 October 2014 - 09:57 PM.

#66 Zoobeef

Zoobeef

Joes bedroom assistant.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,103 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 10:51 PM

GeorgeBC said they were very good value for money But not quite as sticky as a set of 888s but he was comparing them to his wider 17 all round And hadent set the car up for 17/16 combo He will hopfully be trying a set of zzr at oulton with same setup soon and weather permitted he can compare them to zzr Overall he was impressed with grip from the money spent

I'll be interested in what George thinks of the ZZRs. Deciding between them, 888s and V70s is hard work.

#67 doctorfrag

doctorfrag

• Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 02:45 PM

Ive ordered today from them Toyo R1R's will let you know how I get on, they were definitely the cheapest I could find online

thanks to Martin for pointing me this way

Joe

#68 jayworth2

jayworth2

• Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 08:59 PM

Thanks for the reply's. In various threads it is stated that they should and do fit but no long term road test for rubbing and now I have an answer. Thanks again everyone.

#69 doctorfrag

doctorfrag

• Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 08:43 AM

My tyres arrived yesterday after 6 days, very pleased with the price

#70 mitm

mitm

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 10:46 AM

Can anyone tell me the difference between these options, DOT 2011 is all I can see? http://www.tyreleade...94-Y/?m=16&ty=T Cheers.

#71 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,611 posts
  • Interests:french maids

Posted 28 October 2014 - 10:54 AM

I'd go for the cheaper option , the dot2011 are old stock

#72 slindborg

slindborg

The Bishop of Stortford

• 22,602 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 03:55 PM

has anyone run the "normal" 595's or even the 595 evo?

#73 Graeme Lambert

Graeme Lambert

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 08:54 AM

Another shout out for Tyreleader.

Naomi had a puncture on one of the CTR's rears. Quoted £135 fitted when she popped in to see if it could be repaired, so bought two tyres from Tyreleader (Bridgestone Potenza REO50A 205/45R17) for £160 instead. Ordered late Thursday night, arrived at our house the following Tuesday. Had to pay £15 each for fitting but at £190 for the pair, fitted I'm happy with the saving.

So another thumbs up for Tyreleader from me. 

#74 Zoobeef

Zoobeef

Joes bedroom assistant.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,103 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 10:57 PM

Ordered some 888's through them and the fronts turned up but not the rears. Contacted them and they said it looks like the delivery company has "lost" them. Do I want some more? Erm...yes please, driving on the rims is dangerous!

This was 8 days ago and still no rears. Original order was February some time :(

#75 scw02102

scw02102

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 11:17 PM

Ordered 2 tyres arrived in 2 days Would use them again

#76 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 11:41 PM

My mate ordered 2 rear 888s from them and they arrived but was shipped from France :blink:

#77 Graeme Lambert

Graeme Lambert

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 07:56 AM

Yeah all tyre leaders stuff comes from Europe Joe

#78 Graeme Lambert

Graeme Lambert

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 07:57 AM

Ordered some 888's through them and the fronts turned up but not the rears. Contacted them and they said it looks like the delivery company has "lost" them. Do I want some more? Erm...yes please, driving on the rims is dangerous!   This was 8 days ago and still no rears. Original order was February some time :(

Hmmmmm not so good? Their customer support seems quite quick to act usually (I needed to request tracking info on my last order).

#79 Zoobeef

Zoobeef

Joes bedroom assistant.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,103 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 11:57 AM

They said they would send some more out straight away and send me the tracking info. No info was sent so I asked them for it and they replied with the tracking info for the original ones that are lost.

I've replied to that but on the whole I don't think they have sent any replacements yet.

#80 Zoobeef

Zoobeef

Joes bedroom assistant.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,103 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 01:55 PM

My reply.

That is the tracking information for the first 2 lost tyres. I'm talking about the 2 replacements you said you would dispatch straight away 9 days ago.

It is now 1 month and 3 days since my original order and I still can't use my car.

Mark

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users