Vibrations

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Jampie (Guest)

Guest_Jampie (Guest)

Posted 07 January 2003 - 09:33 PM

I just bought a speedster and have a lot of vibrations in the steering wheel. It starts around 90 kmh and gets worser when i drive faster. The car is free of accidents and the wheels and tyres are ok. I also changed the wheels and tyres from another speedster and the problem was still the same !!! What could be the problem ? Greetings from Belgium

#2 BogBrush

BogBrush

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 07 January 2003 - 10:07 PM

Surely this is a sign that your tracking is out :?

#3 Sicey

Sicey

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,761 posts

Posted 08 January 2003 - 06:22 AM

Or a problem with the steering rack? :huh:

#4 Tony

Tony

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,125 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Railways, Photography, DIY

Posted 08 January 2003 - 10:41 AM

did you change all 4 wheels, or just the front, as out of balance back wheels can sometimes cause vibrations. Tony

#5 Guest_jampie (Guest)

Guest_jampie (Guest)

Posted 08 January 2003 - 07:41 PM

I think the problem is not in the rear wheels because i only feel the vibrations in the steering wheel, not in my butt ! All four wheels are good balanced ! I'm sure that all 4 wheels and tyres are ok. The car has done 4.900 kms ?! Can the steering rack be the problem ? How does it feel when something is wrong with it ? On a good road the car is going really straight so i think there's nothing wrong with the alignment ? Or does anybody not agree with me ? I really want to know what's wrong ? Help.

#6 Marco

Marco

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 09 January 2003 - 12:31 AM

is the car not covered by warranty? Get Opel to sort the problem..

#7 Ricky2772

Ricky2772

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,685 posts
  • Interests:For those who grasp for Hir beyond the horizon of usual consciousness, preparing for the time when something powerful will present Hir-Self This advise is given...

Posted 09 January 2003 - 07:14 PM

I have a friend that has the same problem: ovalized tires from sitting inthe showroom for too long.....they look good, but they ain't.

#8 Guest_jampie (Guest)

Guest_jampie (Guest)

Posted 09 January 2003 - 07:23 PM

Unfortunately, the warranty of 1 year is over. I also thought about the ovalized tyres, but when i changed the wheels with the wheels from another speedster the problem remains the same. Could anything else be the problem ? I don't know anymore. Thanks for reply.

#9 Ricky2772

Ricky2772

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,685 posts
  • Interests:For those who grasp for Hir beyond the horizon of usual consciousness, preparing for the time when something powerful will present Hir-Self This advise is given...

Posted 10 January 2003 - 04:23 PM

it could be a defective/blown shock absorber. also check all the nuts/bolts in the front suspensions links/arms....the factory torque-ing is quite soft, so you might have something loose. an alignment check would not hurt anyway, since 5000km went by and some chenges took place for sure. make sure the front toe is a bit (0,05) OUT, while the rear is 0.15 deg. INWARD.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users