dslr photography camera d5200

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Andy_VX

Andy_VX

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Boats, F1, Cycling, Home Cinema, Music.

Posted 20 May 2014 - 09:52 PM

I currently use a Nikon D80 with a Sigma 18-200mm lens. i've owned it for years now and it is a really well made good starter but i'm now looking to upgrade. 

I'd like to stay with Nikon because i can share lens with my brother who has the D7000. I've been looking at the D5000 range, has anyone had much experience with them? They seem to have a good spec for the money. I'm not sure the D5300 is worth the extra money over the D5200. I've found this which seems like a bargain compared to camera shop deals I've found! 

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item3cde74e246

Any advice / experiences will be appreciated. 

#2 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 10:10 PM

Hmmm. Does sound very cheap. I'm sure that 55-300mm lens was about £300 in it's own right when I bought it (and it's not actually that good, especially at extremes). I'd definitely be asking some questions as he's making a lot of noise about the warranty being with them which makes me think it's not necessarily supported by Nikon (maybe some kind of grey import). :unsure:

#3 Andy_VX

Andy_VX

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 07:13 AM

Hmm yeah possibly, need to har a good look at their feedback etc. bit surprises you weren't happy with the bigger lens I thought that was supposed to be pretty good. Maybe the sigma is better. Think I'll go and have a look round London camera exchange for some advice. Looking at the canon 700D too, got a really good live view that changes as you adjust exposure aperture etc. think it's a really good way to learn!

#4 JonP

JonP

• Pip
  • 169 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 01:16 PM

You know that Nikon have a Cashback running on Legit UK Stock??

Using camerapricebuster to find the cheapeast Legit UK supplier

Nikon D5200 with 18-55mm VR lens = £499 - £50 Rebate From Nikon = £449

Nikon AF-S 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR DX Lens = £226 - £30 Rebate from Nikon =  £196

Total £645 for brand new legit UK Kit without warrenty issues for £80 more than possible Grey Import with possible warrenty issues.

Guess it depends how much you value having Warrenty from Nikon :-)

Oh cameraprice buster website is at - http://www.camerapricebuster.co.uk/

#5 Andy_VX

Andy_VX

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 04:19 PM

Yeah i have seen it for around that price. Like you say i'd rather have the proper warranty form Nikon for piece of mind. debating buying a better lens though as i've heard from a few people now that those aren't very good. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dslr, photography, camera, d5200

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users