• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#41 Pidgeon

Pidgeon

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,254 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 01:15 PM

Its not a case of reducing damage to the clam, its about transfering the downforce onto the wheels. If you dont have a brace all that will happen is you will push the clam edge down.

Physics dear boy.  The clam may deflect, but the downforce still reached the wheels.

#42 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 01:24 PM

Yes yes yes but can you display the pic so others can easily agree with you! 

It's a bastardised and shortened Flickr link, so all bets are off when it comes to embedding in other sites. Might work if you can switch to a real link to the actual image, instead of their wanky site.

#43 Foxy

Foxy

I love Nev

• 10,743 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 01:27 PM

Its not a case of reducing damage to the clam, its about transfering the downforce onto the wheels. If you dont have a brace all that will happen is you will push the clam edge down.

Physics dear boy.  The clam may deflect, but the downforce still reached the wheels.

Surely that depends whether NA or Turbo.

#44 Sticky

iTB lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 01:31 PM

Yes yes yes but can you display the pic so others can easily agree with you! 

It's a bastardised and shortened Flickr link, so all bets are off when it comes to embedding in other sites. Might work if you can switch to a real link to the actual image, instead of their wanky site.

I've edited my post with the longer link.

#45 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 01:35 PM

It still wasn't a link to the image itself, just the page that displays it. Flickr make it a pain in the arse to embed images elsewhere as they want all the traffic to come to their site. But, I've bodged something together for you. Just because it's you. :D

#46 Sticky

iTB lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 01:39 PM

I've bodged something together for you. Just because it's you. :D

Just like I've done with my wing mounting :blush:

PS: Thanks!!! Should I use a different photo website? :wub:

#47 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 01:44 PM

It's a long time since I really used Flickr for anything but there's probably some options in there to give proper links for use externally. In the case of your picture, I just went to view/download all sizes page, loaded up the largest version of the image and right clicked on the image and selected Copy Image URL and then pasted that in your original post. Like I said, there's probably an easier way to do that as the image "owner" if you have a look through the settings options. Otherwise, Photobucket is probably the best/easiest option for most things.

#48 peteslag

peteslag

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • Interests:real ale, food, real ale

Posted 27 May 2014 - 02:11 PM

Not sure I agree with this. When I push down on my spoiler the clam doesn't really flex, the body of the car certainly does move closer to the wheels though.

I do agree that spoilers look shite on these cars :P.   For me, it is like having a comfort blanket whilst I'm attacking those high speed corners on a track day but I usually take mine off for road use. It is also worth mentioning that rear spoilers make a fantastic platform for brewing up between sessions.

#49 turbotoaster

turbotoaster

• PipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 08:45 PM

This thread just proves all VX's look sh!t with wings on.

No they don't!!

Posted Image

you stole my wing!!

Posted Image

#50 Goosenka

Goosenka

Jeep Driving jolly nice chap

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,716 posts
  • Interests:Fried breakfasts, coffee and dogs

Posted 27 May 2014 - 08:48 PM

:lol:

#51 Krusty

Krusty

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 07:46 PM

Not looked at this for quite a few days, interesting read, looked at fitting a noble spoiler but realised I wouldn't be able to open the boot :) Didn't realise na clam was thinner :) surely any extra downforce on the rear helps even if fixed to clam What uprights are people using?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users