• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 furtive

furtive

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 09:30 AM

I am sellng my 2002 MX5 Mk2.5 Sport as I have accidentally bought a VX220 and sadly can't keep both cars.

I've owned the car for three and a half years and spent ages looking for a good one before I bought it. Having owned a Mk1 Eunos RS-Limited previously, this it the second MX5 I have owned.

The car is completely standard and has done just over 47000 miles. I am the 2nd owner from new. It is taxed until next March and has just passed it's MOT (yesterday) and it has just had a full service. It also had a recent full Hunter alignment

The cambelt was replaced a couple of years ago, and it has recent brake disks and pads all round.

The roof is in excellent condition with no rips or tears and it does not leak!

It comes with all the usual 2.5 Sport goodies:

1.8 litre engine
6 speed gearbox
Limited slip differential
16" alloys
Big brakes
Nardi steering wheel
Leather seats

I have replaced the standard windblocker with one that has speakers in it, which really makes a difference to the sound.

It also comes with a tonneau/roof cover that was sealed in the bag when I bought the car and I have used just once then put back in the bag

The car has been garaged during my ownership, regularly washed and waxed and drain holes cleared (trombone cleaner included in sale so you can keep them clear!)

The Good
-------------
The bodywork is superb for the age of the car with just a couple of minor stone chips on the front that have been touched up.
It has just had the rear sills replaced using quality panels as they were both just starting to bubble and as I hadn't intended on selling the car I had them done properly. The insides of the sills have been treated to stop them rusting out again.
The interior is also is really excellent condition with no rips or tears in the seats, and the leather is not cracked or worn
The wheels were refurbished by Spit & Polish when I bought the car and are perfect with no scuffs

The not so good
---------------------
The heated seats do not work. I have never bothered to find out what is wrong with them - it could just be a relay needs replacing
There is no documented service history from before I bought the car as the previous owner lost it! I spoke to him when I bought it and he said it has a full service history, but I have no way to know if that is true or not. Since I have owned it, it has been regularly serviced and maintained regardless of cost and I have all service records, MOT certificates etc during my ownership
The fog lights seem to have got water in them at some point. They still work fine but you can see that they are corroded a bit inside

I'm looking for £2800

I'll get a load more photos of it over the next couple of days but have added one for now:

Posted Image

Edited by furtive, 11 June 2014 - 09:34 AM.

#2 jbudgie

jbudgie

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 07:27 PM

I went the other way to you, from a Vxt 220 stage 4 to an MX5 as I was too old for the VX   :huh:

Yours looks a good buy hope you get what you want for it. thumbsup

#3 furtive

furtive

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 10:42 AM

Thanks. It really is a good one that should be worth more than I'm selling it for, but I guess there are so many about the prices aren't that high

#4 furtive

furtive

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 09:22 PM

SOLD  B)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mx5

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users