Photo

Broken Gaz Shock !

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#41 The Gazman

The Gazman

• 4 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 01:49 PM

Hi Gaz are well aware of the unrest and concerns of owners but need to investigate properly. If you have Gaz gold shocks on your car Gaz would advise you to get it checked out by your service centre and if problems are apparant or if you want to discuss the issue Warren Gazzard is more than happy to talk about any problems on 01268 724585. Gaz are probably the largest UK manufacturer of aftermarket dampers for road and track and they treat all product concerns with vigor and understanding so they would request a chance to overcome this problem.

#42 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

I ADMIT BATMAN THINKS HE IS QUICKER THAN ME

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,727 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 05:39 PM

Do you work for Gaz Gazman or is it a coincidence with your name? I have been waiting for a comment on issues people have had with there shocks, I feel I have been treated very well by Gaz but I have never had any kind of explanation or reassurance about the products I would like to no more about the issues that have been reported and would also like to no if the product I have is likely to suffer from issues or if the problem has been fixed with the latest set I have I think I'm speaking on behalf of most with Gaz shocks with my thoughts And would like to invite Gaz to make a comment To help to clear up what has been going on and how we can move forward with solutions if they are required.

#43 tommobot

tommobot

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 05:48 PM

Sounds like there basically saying everyone should get them checked over? Service centre? Any old garage?

#44 The Gazman

The Gazman

• 4 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 01:29 AM

Hi Yes I work for Gaz as race support for Lotus,Mazda and BMW racing. This issue under investigation only applies to Gaz gold 1.75" units not Monotubes or Gaz classic steel units. My advice is to speak to Warren Gazzard at the factory who will discuss options with you.

#45 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

• 13,727 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 08:06 AM

At least there has been confirmation that there is a issue Which really should be putting the ball back in Gaz corner to contact there customers Rather than the other way round

#46 myles

myles

Sausagefest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,084 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 08:10 AM

At least there has been confirmation that there is a issue Which really should be putting the ball back in Gaz corner to contact there customers Rather than the other way round

Easier said than done, especially in the case of people that have bought the shocks secondhand. They deserve some recognition in this situation, but it is impossible to hunt everyone down with a secondhand set.

#47 CocoPops

CocoPops

SuperCharged Karting Super Hero

• 17,178 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 08:10 AM

And is the issue Gaz Gold 1 or 2? Or both?

#48 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

• 13,727 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 08:15 AM

Black or blue Top adjuster or bottom adjuster All it would take is a statement explaining the situation which then owners/customers can then take steps Also has the fault/problem been resolved

#49 Chris P Duck

Chris P Duck

I can change this?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 09:58 PM

Gaz would advise you to get it checked out by your service centre

Where do we send the bill for these checks to claim the money back? Or will Gaz pay the garage directly over the phone if we ask the garages to call them? (Same no as above?)

Edited by Chris P Duck, 01 October 2014 - 10:01 PM.

#50 GeorgeBC

GeorgeBC

Needs a cheaper hobby

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,138 posts
  • Interests:Cars and mountain biking

Posted 01 October 2014 - 11:46 PM

You paid less than £150 pound a corner what do you expect? Why should GAZ stump up the money when they only give 2 year warranty on the shocks? It's not GAZ's fault everyone kept buying the product despite everyone on here repeatedly telling people it was beyond shite more than 2 years ago!! They simply filled supply and demand hoping no one was killed in the first 2 years. I've heard their names mud in most places but on the Westfield forums there's very view complaints compared to mx5, BMW, VX220 etc Does Cliffe still flog these? :lol:

#51 Chris P Duck

Chris P Duck

I can change this?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 06:31 AM

Why should GAZ stump up the money when they only give 2 year warranty on the shocks?

Because they're less than 2 years old

#52 myles

myles

Sausagefest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,084 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 07:44 AM

Why should GAZ stump up the money when they only give 2 year warranty on the shocks?

That's a pretty good reason.

#53 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 10:52 AM

:lol:

#54 slindborg

slindborg

The Bishop of Stortford

• 22,602 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 11:13 AM

Did milllltec stump up cash for labour on exhaust stuff? same for piper and the others who had countless itterations of a product that wasnt "fit for purpose"?

Ahhhh.... thats right, most warranties cover the parts and not the labour... Even MTB frame warranties dont cover rebuilding a bike onto a new frame when the old one snapped etc.

#55 myles

myles

Sausagefest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,084 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 12:22 PM

That's a pretty good reason.

I will add that I meant they should honour their 2 yr warranty; I'm pretty certain that wouldn't cover labour, as stated above.

#56 The Gazman

The Gazman

• 4 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 02:52 PM

In answer to the questions and concerns of owners, Gaz are currently conducting an investigation into the cause of the problem whilst also going back over sales invoices of this Gaz Gold product with a view to writing to all customers. We appreciate that this does not cover the second hand market but hopefully this post will help draw attention to the situation. Again if you are unsure please ring the factory on 01268 724585, ask for Warren Gazzard

#57 myles

myles

Sausagefest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,084 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 03:25 PM

Are the issues likely to be picked up by yourselves during rebuild? Mine have just been rebuilt and I daresay a few other owners are in the same boat; it would be reassuring if your guys had been looking out for this during rebuilds for a while.

#58 The Gazman

The Gazman

• 4 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 04:03 PM

Hi again

Gaz have asked me to cut and paste their letter to customers and dealers but I have failed miserably so will retype  

Dear Sirs                       Re Vauxhall VX220 Gaz Gold Dampers

We have been made aware of a potential issue on some Gaz Gold units for the VX220 cars, indeed it would appear that some units have failed.

We are conducting metallurgical for signs of material failure because this could be a possible cause and naturally we will keep you advised on progress.

In the meantime Gaz Shocks would request that you return your dampers to the factory at the above address ( please include all contact details) for a free inspection and service on all Gaz gold dampers.

If you would like to discuss any aspect of this recall please ring Warren Gazzard on the above telephone number.

We should emphasise that not all Gaz Gold units are at riskand no Classic/GHA or Monotube dampers fall under this investigation. 

We thank you in advance for your assistance in this matter and assure you of our best attention at all times.

Yours sincerely

Warren Gazzard

#59 MartinS

MartinS

I only bought it for one summer. 14 years ago and now its gone&#

• 5,173 posts
  • Interests:Track days
    Pubs
    Sausages

Posted 09 October 2014 - 01:04 PM

For those with gaz monos, two of mine started leaking after 16000 miles. These were within  afew days quickly and efficiently refurbished along with the other two by gaz and the bodies also changed to an apparently harder material, so gaz mono owners might want to see if theres an upgrade for them. I had to pay £150 which I thought was ok for basically 4 new shocks but they did forget to put the springs back at the set ride heights even though they'd promised to do that.

Overall, good service.

Martin S

#60 myles

myles

Sausagefest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,084 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 01:32 PM

After reading this, I wish i hadn't been so efficient sending back my shocks for a refurb. if only I'd waited a week or so!! In any case, they turned them round very quickly (received on Friday lunchtime, back to me on the Wednesday), set them to correct ride height and added the collar adjustment tool as i didn't have one. I was very impressed, but would have been even more impressed if I had got them done for free!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users