Gfwilliams Vx220

• Please log in to reply
229 replies to this topic

#181 GFWilliams

GFWilliams

• PipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 08:01 PM

So I've gone and bought dad's Mercedes off him, which compliments the VX perfectly, one comfortable car, one not comfortable car and one good looking car!

Posted Image

#182 Potatoes

Potatoes

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 08:27 PM

Nice shot of the stable

#183 GFWilliams

GFWilliams

• PipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 03:00 PM

Decided to take the wrap off and get the car looking really mint ready for summer!  (the wrap was terrible quality, my OCD couldn't handle it)

Will also book it in with Back on Track at some point for a service and get them to fit new engine mounts

I've also got Louvres to put in soon

Posted Image

#184 Andy_VX

Andy_VX

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Boats, F1, Cycling, Home Cinema, Music.

Posted 22 February 2015 - 03:28 PM

Stop throwing money at it 😂 do the mounts yourself!

#185 fezzasus

fezzasus

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,689 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 03:56 PM

just saying ;)

Noooo, don't wrap it. Plasti-dip or commit fully to a respray.

Wrapping it for a bit then will respray winter 2015 :)

But why not leave it as it is?

I take real issues with wrapping cars, they look okay a few feet away but when you get close you see they just can't get the detailing right. I would much rather go for plasti-dipping over wrapping as 1) no adhesive, 2) follows contours 3) similar cost.

However (and I was faced with this issue a couple of years ago), I couldn't justify either when in reality it just pushes the cost of the respray higher.

#186 Graeme Lambert

Graeme Lambert

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 04:19 PM

just saying ;)

I take real issues with wrapping cars, they look okay a few feet away but when you get close you see they just can't get the detailing right. I would much rather go for plasti-dipping over wrapping as 1) no adhesive, 2) follows contours 3) similar cost.

However (and I was faced with this issue a couple of years ago), I couldn't justify either when in reality it just pushes the cost of the respray higher.

Yeah that didn't last long did it? :lol:

At least it looks like your paint wasn't too bad underneath, and has released the wrap without peeling off

#187 GFWilliams

GFWilliams

• PipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 04:30 PM

Looked at them yesterday.. Ended up removing the wrap myself instead 

#188 GFWilliams

GFWilliams

• PipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 04:34 PM

just saying ;)

:mellow: it was fun while it lasted!

just saying ;)

Yeah that didn't last long did it? :lol:

At least it looks like your paint wasn't too bad underneath, and has released the wrap without peeling off

A few bits came off, but luckily only on the front end of the car which I was planning on respraying anyway (due to louvres and stone chips)

#189 Mopeytitan

Mopeytitan

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,908 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Motorbikes, well anything mechanical.
    My dogs (love my dogs).
    F1.

Posted 22 February 2015 - 09:19 PM

just saying ;)  

But why not leave it as it is?   I take real issues with wrapping cars, they look okay a few feet away but when you get close you see they just can't get the detailing right. I would much rather go for plasti-dipping over wrapping as 1) no adhesive, 2) follows contours 3) similar cost.   However (and I was faced with this issue a couple of years ago), I couldn't justify either when in reality it just pushes the cost of the respray higher.  

:mellow: it was fun while it lasted!  

just saying ;)  

But why not leave it as it is?   I take real issues with wrapping cars, they look okay a few feet away but when you get close you see they just can't get the detailing right. I would much rather go for plasti-dipping over wrapping as 1) no adhesive, 2) follows contours 3) similar cost.   However (and I was faced with this issue a couple of years ago), I couldn't justify either when in reality it just pushes the cost of the respray higher.  

Yeah that didn't last long did it? :lol:   At least it looks like your paint wasn't too bad underneath, and has released the wrap without peeling off  

A few bits came off, but luckily only on the front end of the car which I was planning on respraying anyway (due to louvres and stone chips)

Have fun with the louvres!! Massive pain in the ass!! Soo much sanding! Never again :lol:

#190 Baron Von Scubadaddy

Baron Von Scubadaddy

STAGE 3.333333333333333333333333333333

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,643 posts
  • Interests:Girls, Cars,..... ! spending time asking questions about why my car won't work

Posted 02 March 2015 - 07:22 PM

Looked at them yesterday.. Ended up removing the wrap myself instead 

Told you .......

#191 GFWilliams

GFWilliams

• PipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 12:25 PM

Just had the engine mounts changed at BoT which has made the car feel a lot nicer. Car is unfortunately going to go up for sale in the next month or so. Going to get the car resprayed in silver (needs it due to wrap removal and a scratch that has been on the rear clam next to the diffuser since I bought the car) and a few other things sorting then it'll be ready to go.

Sad thing is I intended this car to be a keeper so have spent a LOT of money doing it up to be up to my standards.

If anyone wants my team dynamics (with federal tyres on) or my larini exhaust, I could be tempted to sell them separately :)

#192 myles

myles

Sausagefest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,084 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 12:43 PM

Just had the engine mounts changed at BoT which has made the car feel a lot nicer. Car is unfortunately going to go up for sale in the next month or so. Going to get the car resprayed in silver (needs it due to wrap removal and a scratch that has been on the rear clam next to the diffuser since I bought the car) and a few other things sorting then it'll be ready to go.

Sad thing is I intended this car to be a keeper so have spent a LOT of money doing it up to be up to my standards.

If anyone wants my team dynamics (with federal tyres on) or my larini exhaust, I could be tempted to sell them separately :)

What happened?

#193 GFWilliams

GFWilliams

• PipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 01:45 PM

What happened?

Blue lights in my mirror, me needing my licence for work too much for it to be worth the risk and me wanting to use the money towards buying a flat

#194 myles

myles

Sausagefest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,084 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 01:58 PM

What happened?

Blue lights in my mirror, me needing my licence for work too much for it to be worth the risk and me wanting to use the money towards buying a flat

Absolutely understand; it's too tempting to push the squirt button too often. I have been close a few times.

#195 Mattcro

Mattcro

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 02:11 PM

I'd be interested In your team dynamics! Give me a message any time for pricing etc

#196 Andy_VX

Andy_VX

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Boats, F1, Cycling, Home Cinema, Music.

Posted 10 March 2015 - 03:27 PM

Noooooooo! That's so sad mate! Glad I didn't sell you mine now haha!

#197 Sticky

iTB lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 04:09 PM

Bad news!

I'll miss your great photos :blush:

#198 GFWilliams

GFWilliams

• PipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 06:13 PM

Back to standard wheels

Posted Image

#199 Claws

Claws

Stage FA NA FTW!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,246 posts
  • Interests:Daft plastic cars

Posted 11 March 2015 - 06:34 PM

The Merc is faster than the VX :lol:

#200 GFWilliams

GFWilliams

• PipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 06:39 PM

The Merc is faster than the VX :lol:

The Merc has a speed limiter which I use everywhere I drive...  It's a quick car, but it's so relaxing to drive I never drive it fast

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users