Silver & Supercharged.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 JoshR

JoshR

• Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 11:57 PM

Soooo, since posting up in the 'introduce yourself' section, ive not done much posting - just a lot of reading and of course, driving.  :happy:

Getting more familiar with the car now, the mrs is still getting to grips with the lack of pretty much every driver aid (spoilt from her Golf GTD!), but im hoping she'll come round to it eventually.

Not too much to report. I didn't get on with the gearknob that came with the car - it was a MOMO, small sized tennis ball one in leather. That's now been swapped for a 'mollie6' brushed Motorsport one, much better.

Opie oils were doing a good deal a few weeks back on oil, so I couldnt refuse stocking up with whats considered the best oil at this grade.

Posted Image

I've got a 'fezzasus' heater on its way - which will hopefully do 3 things; filter the air (save the dust & bits coming in the cabin), provide more heat & hopefully provide a bit more power - i'll report once fitted.

Near future plans are to remove the speakers, tweeters & headunit; then convert the headunit slot into a single din storage pocket. Im looking at getting an alcantara trim steering wheel for better grip and at the same time fit a removable kit, which should help with access and car security! I also need to look at greasing up the shifter linkage points and try the set-up without the short shift kit as the gear changes are still not how id like them to be - considering the Motorsport gear cables from Elise-shop.com - whats peoples view on these?

Also, whats peoples thoughts on oil filters? OEM items the best bet or is there a preferred aftermarket alternative?

Josh..

#2 -Dab-of-Oppo-

-Dab-of-Oppo-

Cuntpuffin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,646 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 08:22 AM

Can't speak for the motorsport cables but do you have / have you tried poly engine mount inserts? They made a huge difference to the tightness and feel of my gear change. Regarding the oil filter you can get a genuine Vauxhall one for £3.50 on eBay so I'm not sure why you'd bother with anything else. They are all much of a muchness though and anything from Wix etc should be fine.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users