• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 meldert

meldert

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,284 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 02:41 PM

Start by sticking your head in under the dash behind the stering wheel and look up, hard but possible... look where the pedals are hinged do you see the two springs? one spring for the brake pedal and one for the clutch? Are they both there? if not you know what to do by reading the rest of this post.

#22 ukgulf

ukgulf

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 02:50 PM

Start by sticking your head in under the dash behind the stering wheel and look up, hard but possible... look where the pedals are hinged do you see the two springs? one spring for the brake pedal and one for the clutch? Are they both there? if not you know what to do by reading the rest of this post.

thumbsup I see the brake spring and NO clutch spring ! Where the hell did it go... thanx...

#23 Gedi

Gedi

404 Not Found

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts
  • Interests:Nothing

Posted 17 September 2004 - 02:52 PM

>here<

>and here<

Edited by Gedi, 17 September 2004 - 02:53 PM.

#24 ukgulf

ukgulf

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 03:11 PM

2 springs ordered from Barnes in Maidstone which they are going to mail out to me next wednesday for free! thumbsup

#25 pter141

pter141

• PipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 10:00 PM

Shows you the difference between garages previously posted ...had to book the car in ..quote should take approx 2 hrs sir ! 70mile round trip ..feckin cowboys Belmont Edinburgh :(

#26 MarkH

MarkH

• Pip
  • 188 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 10:37 PM

Gotta add my comment about this "use the search" mantra. Although I've used the search many times and often found what I wanted (even though it's not the friendliest search I've seen - it's certainly no Google!) what would happen if everybody used it, maybe by force? Surely we'd run out of new things to talk about once insurance, clutch springs, ABS, bonnet release, lights, tyres, stonechips, 3000rpm deadspots, ABS, paintwork, getting in and out, heating, heater filters, turbo or na, head units and ABS had been discussed and resolved? Personally I like seeing the "same old stuff" coming back - it shows there's new blood visiting the forum and gives a chance for new angles on old stories to emerge, as well as letting people who were once newbies feel like they've learnt something. I'm certainly grateful that clutch springs had been rediscussed before mine went so I knew what had happened within a few seconds. Otherwise, how would I have known that I had to search for "clutch spring" to read about a potential problem that would affect me in the future? Keep posting people! :rolleyes:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users