Attached Files

#2 goofballs

goofballs

• PipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 08 May 2003 - 11:02 AM

:D

Where do you work?

I am a contractor who has been on at least 40 differrent sites in my time, and I have yet to see two 'bits of fluff' as good looking as that!!

cheers

PS: In IT, they normally operate as Project Managers, who haven't got a clue about anything technical, and their soft skills are strongest in the 'david brent' school of management. :beat:

#3 iandhd

iandhd

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,756 posts

Posted 08 May 2003 - 11:06 AM

:D

Where do you work?

I am a contractor who has been on at least 40 differrent sites in my time, and I have yet to see two 'bits of fluff' as good looking as that!!

I'm a project manager for HP :9mm: However I do have a technical background. And no we don't have too many like the one's in the photo.

#4 GerryM

GerryM

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,807 posts
  • Interests:VX<br><br>Snooker

Posted 08 May 2003 - 11:41 AM

Hi Goofballs, nice to meet you yesterday, sorry I didn't bid farewell, but I was a bit excited over my new car! Where do you work? (I am in IT too). cheers Gerry

#5 goofballs

goofballs

• PipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 08 May 2003 - 11:58 AM

Hi Goofballs, nice to meet you yesterday, sorry I didn't bid farewell, but I was a bit excited over my new car!

Where do you work?

(I am in IT too).

cheers

Gerry

Currently contracting at Gedas UK in MK. IT Consultancy arm of the VW group. I am in the field of testing, specifically Performance Testing.

Car park fits about 300 cars.

Of which 98% are VW group company cars. Mine stands out like a sore thumb.

The convertible A4s are pretty snazzy. R32 golf looks decent. Convertible Beetle is good too.

What about yourself ?

cheers

PS: fantastic colour you chose, and for the first time ever, I saw someone of my frame drive the same car as mine. Err..... I think we look a little bit like Noddy driving his big red car!!!

#6 GerryM

GerryM

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 08 May 2003 - 12:20 PM

I do feel a bit like Noddy, big bloke, tiny car etc. !! I am in Project management at the moment for M&S at Stockley Park (near Heathrow). I am normally in to infrastructure management, but took this contract to earn some decent wedge and to get some PM experience. On the subject of taller blokes, can you see the speedo past 60, cos I can't the steering wheel (not my gut!) gets in the way. It's not so bad, it comes back in to view at 120!

#7 JimH

JimH

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,074 posts
  • Interests:yachting, diving, steam waggons, cars that don't break down, giving up on the output of any car builder from Norfolk.

Posted 08 May 2003 - 01:02 PM

There seems to be a lot of IT types who own VXs. Just like the Elise. May I direct anyone who hasn't seen it before to http://www.sniffpetr...m/issue023.html about half way down the page. I'm not saying I agree with it just passing it on.

Still funny, though

#8 goofballs

goofballs

• PipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 08 May 2003 - 01:10 PM

I do feel a bit like Noddy, big bloke, tiny car etc. !!

I am in Project management at the moment for M&S at Stockley Park (near Heathrow). I am normally in to infrastructure management, but took this contract to earn some decent wedge and to get some PM experience.

On the subject of taller blokes, can you see the speedo past 60, cos I can't the steering wheel (not my gut!) gets in the way. It's not so bad, it comes back in to view at 120!

Try explaining that to the police officer!!!!

Err...I can't see between 60-90mph, probably the difference in our body part lengths, as we talked about regarding the hard top.

I hope you can see the gear change light. It can be very useful, when you are gunning it. At first, I thought it was a bit too small, but now that I have got used to it, I find it OK to use.

Ahhh, you are a PM, we have got loads of PMs here at MK however a fair share of them have never been technical, and it can be a bit of a nightmare getting your point across. The good PMs at Gedas consult with the techies and get good guidance before making project planning and political decisions, however quite a few take it upon themselves to create Project Plans from Planet Mars, and promise the customer delivery dates without any input from the techies.

cheers

PS: end of moan. I bet you could probably moan about all the dorky techies you have to put up with. Constantly battling to make them understand the business perspective.

#9 Sicey

Sicey

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,761 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 06:30 PM

I am in Project management at the moment for M&S at Stockley Park (near Heathrow).

Used to work at EDS on SP Gerry, god if I still worked there now I'd probably see another VX every day and that wouldn't be right would it ;)

John.

#10 Jim_Cross

Jim_Cross

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,539 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 08:08 PM

There seems to be a lot of IT types who own VXs. Just like the Elise. May I direct anyone who hasn't seen it before to http://www.sniffpetr...m/issue023.html about half way down the page. I'm not saying I agree with it just passing it on.

Still funny, though

Thank God I'm not buying an Elise! As of September I will be working as an Application Developer at an Investment Bank...I wouldn't know whether to buy the Elise Banker or the Elise IT! :lol:

#11 GerryM

GerryM

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 08:22 PM

John, don't tell anyone, but I use the Focus for work! Jim, what bank you going to work 4? Gerry

#12 Jim_Cross

Jim_Cross

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,539 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 09:19 PM

Gerry - it's Deutsche Bank. Apparently they're German...you'd never guess it ;) I'm just hoping the hours a better than at the American banks, so that I get some time to play in the car!

#13 Thorney

Thorney

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,404 posts
  • Interests:Global domination.

Fluffy bunny rabbits.

Posted 12 May 2003 - 09:31 PM

Gerry - it's Deutsche Bank. Apparently they're German...you'd never guess it ;)
I'm just hoping the hours a better than at the American banks, so that I get some time to play in the car!

London Wall?

#14 Jim_Cross

Jim_Cross

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,539 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 10:04 PM

Yes indeedy - 1 minute from Liverpool St...perfect :D Are you around there as well Thorney?

#15 Guest_skiddo (Guest)

Guest_skiddo (Guest)

Posted 12 May 2003 - 10:59 PM

lmao - very funny to see all you guys talking about your jobs in IT in a thread entitled women in IT.

time for you all to start manly coughing and checking your balls.

#16 Thorney

Thorney

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,404 posts
  • Interests:Global domination.

Fluffy bunny rabbits.

Posted 12 May 2003 - 11:37 PM

Yes indeedy - 1 minute from Liverpool St...perfect :D

Are you around there as well Thorney?

Based at Finchley road but City is where I have to hang I'm afraid - do investment bank research ya see :rolleyes:

#17 GerryM

GerryM

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 13 May 2003 - 07:27 AM

Gotta few friends at Deutchse. I have worked for Dillon Read, Swiss Bank, Toyo Trust, Lehman's and Solomon. In retail now somehow!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users