Photo

Opel Speedster Imports

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Yeti

Yeti

• Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:I'm currently looking at both the Elise S2 and the VX220. Am sorely tempted to hold on to my cash and wait for the VX Turbo due out in March though.<br><br>Either car would be a dily runner with slight possibility of rare track days. From initial test drives I would say that the suspension settings on the Elise would be less comfortable on the daily commute in to work - but the VX seems more difficult to get in and out of due to the higher sill. Also the Leather seats in the VX seem to be narrower than the Elise.

Posted 09 January 2003 - 02:10 PM

Hi, I'm just at the point of deciding between the VX and the Elise.......been on a test drive in both and to be honest they both have their plusses and minuses (I think I'll write up my initial thoughts when I get a chance and let you guys who are already owners comment on them....) BUT..... as an initial question has anybody found anywhere that offers imported Opel Speedsters - and if so is there any significant discount....?? Motorpoint have two VX220's in at the moment with under 5k miles on them at about £17.5k so I'm seriously considering them Thanks for any help given Yeti

#2 PaulCP

PaulCP

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,064 posts

Posted 09 January 2003 - 09:31 PM

Trade Sales of Slough were offering new Speedsters a few months ago for £18999. Havn't seen an advert recently but they may be worth a try.

#3 Yeti

Yeti

• Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:I'm currently looking at both the Elise S2 and the VX220. Am sorely tempted to hold on to my cash and wait for the VX Turbo due out in March though.<br><br>Either car would be a dily runner with slight possibility of rare track days. From initial test drives I would say that the suspension settings on the Elise would be less comfortable on the daily commute in to work - but the VX seems more difficult to get in and out of due to the higher sill. Also the Leather seats in the VX seem to be narrower than the Elise.

Posted 10 January 2003 - 11:51 AM

Thanks Paul, Looked on their site yesterday and nothing was listed but I may give them a call today...Cheers.

#4 Thorney

Thorney

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,404 posts
  • Interests:Global domination.

Fluffy bunny rabbits.

Posted 10 January 2003 - 12:00 PM

I rang them a month or so ago and they didn't have any. If you ask when they will they're response is usually - "keep checking the website". Remeber it is a supermarket with supermarket levels of service.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)