• Please log in to reply
146 replies to this topic

#141 Zoobeef

Zoobeef

Joes bedroom assistant.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,103 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 08:14 AM

348 was an investment when it was £20k, wish my ex didn't exist as i would have bought one.

My Noble pushing passed £40k though now.

#142 Tfp

Tfp

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 11:41 AM

Nice.

Is it going to be staying standard?

Thank you, it'll stay standard.

It's a bit wasted on me really, I don't drive very fast.

But I am thinking of getting a little MX5 for some track day fun.

#143 Foxy

Foxy

I love Nev

• 10,743 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 06:26 AM

What do you make of the Macan?

#144 Tfp

Tfp

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 07:51 AM

Lovely cars, just a bit wide. As a family bus is doesn't really fit in a normal sized space at a supermarket etc..

We had to buy a Fabia just for shopping, which is ok as I wasn't comfortable with the macan going to supermarkets anyway.

We went for the GTS version, gets some character, lovely sports exhaust, nice seats, a bit more colour coding on the bumpers etc.

Porsche are really stingy on standard equipment so you do have to spend more cash ticking options, having said that, if you get the correct options the Macans are holding onto a good chunk of their value at the moment, we had quite a wait from ordering to collection.

Beautiful inside, but in my opinion you have to pay extra for the extended leather, it really makes the car. 

The infotainment system isn't as easy to use as the Fabias, I'm still learning the TT

The best part of the car is the driving, feels powerful and safe, makes a nice noise with the sports exhaust button pressed.

We wont have it much longer, it was an itch we needed to scratch and it doesn't get used very much now.

#145 Tfp

Tfp

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 08:05 AM

Easily the best car I've ever owned, only downside of course is that to a non car nut it's just another TT.

It's not just non car nuts... most think it's just another TT... which it is. :lol: Can't dress is it up any other way really. A great car it might be, but in the same way as a GTR is a great car...

That's a fair comment.

I looked at a GTR, they're huge, and didn't really grab me, the interior wasn't nice, I've had too many Porsches with leather everywhere.

I pondered long and hard whether a TT was worth 50k, but I do like sleeper cars, and I've always liked TT's, had a few now.

The pull for me was the thought of having the ultimate TT  

A friend has an old shape TTRS with stage 2 work, it's got lots of bhp but all that power comes in suddenly. Epic car, and quicker than his mates new R8.

Anyhow, happy with it at the moment, the noise is the best part of the car. I might get bored in a few weeks and have a rethink, I don't normally keep cars for very long.

#146 Foxy

Foxy

I love Nev

• 10,743 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 09:01 AM

Lovely cars, just a bit wide. As a family bus is doesn't really fit in a normal sized space at a supermarket etc..   We had to buy a Fabia just for shopping, which is ok as I wasn't comfortable with the macan going to supermarkets anyway.   We went for the GTS version, gets some character, lovely sports exhaust, nice seats, a bit more colour coding on the bumpers etc.   Porsche are really stingy on standard equipment so you do have to spend more cash ticking options, having said that, if you get the correct options the Macans are holding onto a good chunk of their value at the moment, we had quite a wait from ordering to collection.   Beautiful inside, but in my opinion you have to pay extra for the extended leather, it really makes the car.    The infotainment system isn't as easy to use as the Fabias, I'm still learning the TT   The best part of the car is the driving, feels powerful and safe, makes a nice noise with the sports exhaust button pressed.   We wont have it much longer, it was an itch we needed to scratch and it doesn't get used very much now.
Thanks for that very useful review thumbsup Let me know if you're selling, I would be interested. chinky chinky

#147 Tfp

Tfp

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 11:32 AM

Lovely cars, just a bit wide. As a family bus is doesn't really fit in a normal sized space at a supermarket etc..   We had to buy a Fabia just for shopping, which is ok as I wasn't comfortable with the macan going to supermarkets anyway.   We went for the GTS version, gets some character, lovely sports exhaust, nice seats, a bit more colour coding on the bumpers etc.   Porsche are really stingy on standard equipment so you do have to spend more cash ticking options, having said that, if you get the correct options the Macans are holding onto a good chunk of their value at the moment, we had quite a wait from ordering to collection.   Beautiful inside, but in my opinion you have to pay extra for the extended leather, it really makes the car.    The infotainment system isn't as easy to use as the Fabias, I'm still learning the TT   The best part of the car is the driving, feels powerful and safe, makes a nice noise with the sports exhaust button pressed.   We wont have it much longer, it was an itch we needed to scratch and it doesn't get used very much now.

Thanks for that very useful review thumbsup Let me know if you're selling, I would be interested. chinky chinky

Sent you a PM

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users