Virtual Reality Gaming

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 mark moyz

mark moyz

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • Interests:Redundancy demotions pay cuts 0 hours contracts employment shaftings

Posted 22 October 2016 - 02:12 PM

Having purchased Playstation VR i was wondering if anybody else took the plung ? Or has anybody gone with Oculas rift or the Htc Vive ? I have played the Demo for Drive Club and its impressive. A touch strange as it looks like your in the car and the visual movement looks awesome but motionless feelings and lack of feed back make for an odd experience. Thoughly enjoying other games.

#2 Sutol

Sutol

Well it's nearly a Lotus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,121 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 03:03 PM

Just got the rift as well as a few others on here. Got to use with Assetto Corsa primarily. I did feel a bit nauseous at first but that wore off after a few sessions

#3 muckyman

muckyman

• PipPip
  • 340 posts
  • Interests:Barmaids

Posted 22 October 2016 - 03:55 PM

I got the PS VR. It's fun so far and impressive tech. Just waiting for a 'must have' killer game to make an appearance...

#4 chris_uk

chris_uk

I Fancy Joe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 04:31 PM

Elite Dangerous & Assetto Corsa are the only real games i have which i use on the rift.. there are some other racing games such as Live For Speed (Slightly dated now but excellent VR) and iRacing but i havent tried that. 

Arma 3 in VR will be stunning when its finally supported. 

#5 mark moyz

mark moyz

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • Interests:Redundancy demotions pay cuts 0 hours contracts employment shaftings

Posted 22 October 2016 - 06:53 PM

I think there are a couple of games that im interested in with the PS VR.... farpoint looks like it could be a winner with the motion gun. And they need to do a full game of the London hiest. Gradually getting my VR legs and some of the games dont make me feel bad any more.

#6 muckyman

muckyman

• PipPip
  • 340 posts
  • Interests:Barmaids

Posted 22 October 2016 - 07:20 PM

Yeah, Farpoint looks interesting but I think it's quite limited in the environment - a bit 'on rails'. I would love to see something more open world like MGS V / Battlefield etc Not sure if the PS4 is powerful enough to handle those sort of games in VR though...

#7 VegyBS

VegyBS

• Pip
  • 183 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 09:06 PM

Tempted to get in to VR with a PS4, have read that it's VR also works on PC? Haven't actually tried it since the 80s though...

#8 mark moyz

mark moyz

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 09:17 PM

The hardware is definitely not good enough to produce a battlefield sized/style game. The new ps4.pro will apparently improve the frame rates and graphical ability of PS VR games in the future but i think we are only going to get that on Oculas and Vive and the ps VR 2

#9 mark moyz

mark moyz

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 09:23 PM

I bought Battlezone which is fairly good to get started with and Rigs mcl which is the closest thing to a first person multiplayer shooter ! The playroom VR has some nice touches and ideas but its finished a little too soon.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users