Ding!

#23 hughcam

hughcam

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • Interests:driving, motorcycling, snowboarding, v12 lawn mowers

Posted 01 November 2016 - 02:07 PM

Back to my original question.... Any one advise what GMFV after 3/4 years on a new one?

#24 JG

JG

• 13,611 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 05:41 PM

We all bought them on 50:50 :lol: Give oracle a call they had some very good rates on PCP rates on used.

#25 hughcam

hughcam

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 09:04 PM

We all bought them on 50:50 :lol: Give oracle a call they had some very good rates on PCP rates on used.

Wish I had the £30k capital sat in the bank ha!

#26 mbes2

mbes2

Someone say Plasti Dip?

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,510 posts
  • Interests:"Keep it standard"
    "Yes, I built it"

Posted 01 November 2016 - 09:20 PM

Not ALL...  ;)

#27 Luke84

Luke84

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 10:18 PM

I made the switch from a 260 S2 Exige - Yet to pick mine up (tomorrow) but did test a few. No idea where the understeer issue on the S2 is coming from? - was never an issue in mine - wasn't running a super aggressive geo either and always ran the ARB on full hard.. Mine was getting a little leggy 37k from memory and the values fall off a cliff at 40k so decided to switch. Drove 2 or 3 standard v6s - turn in wasn't as good as the s2 and was a wiff of mid-late corner understeer. They certainly felt like 'more car' but not really to any great detriment - the brakes are stunning, the steering still has the Lotus telepathic feel and on fun roads where mine will spend most of its time its more composed than the S2. At this point id have been happy to make the switch... then i ragged the tits off a demo 350 roadster  :lol:  Noticeable improvement on turn in urgency and feel (which can be achieved on a V6S with a geo change), bit more weight chopped out, improved gearbox feel and feedback and well those louvres  :wub:  Extra budget found for a 350!

Yes its a little more grown up than the S2 at the slight cost of nimbleness and edginess but with the increase in composure and bags of torque its a better road car IMO - really cant see why Id be rushing back to an S2 but let me bash 1000 miles onto it and then cut it loose and ill report back.

Edited by Luke84, 01 November 2016 - 10:21 PM.

#28 hughcam

hughcam

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 09:17 AM

Getting tempted by the Elise 220/250 cup or an S2 Exige now hmmmm

#29 SteveA

SteveA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,151 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 11:26 AM

I'm also a fan of the Cup 220

http://www.pistonhea...cup-220/6330679

This one has been in the back of my mind for a while.

#30 Captain Vimes

Captain Vimes

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,755 posts
  • Interests:Motorbikes, VX220, Procrastination

Posted 02 November 2016 - 12:58 PM

I really like the 220/250 cup cars but In a straight drag down the back straight at Bedford, the power deficit of the 220 vs my vx was very clear. I'm not sure how I'd feel about that if I'd just spent £35k on one.. The look/shape of an exige however could be enough to tempt me one day (s2 or s3). That and air con for hot track days. Realistically these cars are chosen with your heart, not your head. Drive them all and buy the one you can't hand back to the dealer.

#31 denno

denno

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 05:30 PM

The main deals on a new s3 as already mentioned seemed to be the 50:50 deal, not sure if they are still doing those or not. I think the best deals to be had though would be on a demo, nearly new or couple of years old car. Some have been sat on dealer forecourts for literally months and months. At this time of year they are only going to be even more difficult to shift which gives you the opportunity to make some cheeky bids. I think you could really take advantage of the current market, they really don't seem to be selling very well at all.

#32 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

I ADMIT BATMAN THINKS HE IS QUICKER THAN ME

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,727 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 06:18 PM

I've seen a new exige v6 350 for just short of £50k not sure about finance deals

#33 MartinS

MartinS

I only bought it for one summer. 14 years ago and now its gone&#

• 5,173 posts
  • Interests:Track days
    Pubs
    Sausages

Posted 02 November 2016 - 07:08 PM

Some V6's have been for sale for a fair while. I drove a great example that was a decent price (for an Exige) a month ago and its still sitting there.

Have to say, when I drove it, it fealt more grown up than the vx (not hard) but I found myself thinking this would be great if it had cl6 brake pads, a better exhaust  and if it would just blip (I couldn't get it to blip in the road and sport settings) but with the interior being so similar to the vx (my seats are more comfy) and the power not being that different I was/am having trouble justifying buying one (though the idea is still lingering).

Personally I prefer the Exige S with the glass rear window. The 350's plastic vented one just reminds me of sh*t 70's cars and all thats really about, along with the matching black roof, black bonnet, wing on the 350's is saving money for Lotus, while upping the price.

I drove a 350 on track and the worst part of the 350 was the new gear change, along with me missing gears in it, even a GT3 Aston race driver I went out with kept missing gears as well.

The 50/50 is only on unused cars. I looked at one with just 3000 miles and it was not an option.

Martin S

#34 JG

JG

• 13,611 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 07:17 PM

Just got a new set of wheels for mine so now the trofeos can go on. That should be fairly transformative, since the corsas are a little dull.

#35 hughcam

hughcam

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 08:07 PM

I'm also a fan of the Cup 220   http://www.pistonhea...cup-220/6330679   This one has been in the back of my mind for a while.

If that one is still on the market in January I would be tempted!

#36 jonnyboy

jonnyboy

The hardtop guy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,288 posts
  • Interests:Lightweight sportscars, Brunettes, Petrol & Beer.

Posted 02 November 2016 - 08:08 PM

If you are looking its worth shopping about on a new one. I've heard of staggering amounts of discount off new cars. A chap I know got a Cup for a figure I wouldnt have believed if I didnt know him. I've literally seen used ones advertised more. A lot of the dealers have overstock depending on the deal they have with Lotus. We are out of peak sales season. Bills still roll in during the winter so I'm sure there will be some motivated sales managers out there.  

#37 fiveoclock

fiveoclock

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,453 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 08:44 PM

I know Bell and Colvil bought quite a few Exiges from Lotus (approx ten I think) really cheaply when Lotus needed some quick money to keep the bailiffs away. There were some good deals to be had on these cars. I think most of them were autos though

#38 Luke84

Luke84

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 08:05 AM

I drove a 350 on track and the worst part of the 350 was the new gear change, along with me missing gears in it, even a GT3 Aston race driver I went out with kept missing gears as well. The 50/50 is only on unused cars. I looked at one with just 3000 miles and it was not an option.   Martin S    

Really struggling to comprehend this, the 350 you drove was either poorly adjusted or your both completely hamfisted :D It does reward a touch with slightly more finesse as the 'gate' is much closer together than on the older car (and my s2). It's far more accurate and provides far better feedback than the older linkages/cables which were entirely competent but like stirring a pot of porridge in comparison.

#39 jonnyboy

jonnyboy

The hardtop guy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,288 posts
  • Interests:Lightweight sportscars, Brunettes, Petrol & Beer.

Posted 03 November 2016 - 11:01 AM

Not driven a 350 but the normal ones just feel the same as a 2005 S2 no real difference other than it stays in third for most of the time :D 

#40 james_ly

james_ly

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 11:06 AM

There's a guy on Seloc who complains about the V6 gearchange - under hard cornering apparently it is impossible to get certain gears.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users