#122 mbes2

mbes2

Someone say Plasti Dip?

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,510 posts
  • Interests:"Keep it standard"
    "Yes, I built it"

Posted 09 November 2016 - 06:35 AM

Mine was 15k down @£320 a month. Then lump sum done after I sold house Mine was almost a year old with 7k on clock. But it's like new even smells like a new car.

Edited by mbes2, 09 November 2016 - 06:38 AM.

#123 mbes2

mbes2

Someone say Plasti Dip?

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,510 posts
    "Yes, I built it"

Posted 09 November 2016 - 06:40 AM

Bet the balloon was big at the end. And it's still £27k outlay over 3 years. You could buy 2 VXs for that and still get your money back after three years....possibly more.

True, you could buy a lot of things.. but wouldn't be a lotus Exige v6 ;-)

#124 JG

JG

• 13,611 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 07:10 AM

What's the balloon?

#125 hughcam

hughcam

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • Interests:driving, motorcycling, snowboarding, v12 lawn mowers

Posted 09 November 2016 - 11:47 AM

What's the balloon?

Being honest I have no idea as the £470 per month payment was what I was told via a message left on my answer phone.

The salesman previously stated that the APR would be as per the standard Black Rock finance deal so I am assuming somewhere between 6-8%. 

Working that back the GMFV must be in the region of £20k?

I am swaying to buying an S2 Exige in a Wacky/loud colour and owning it outright at the end of 3 year period especially after discussing with Jon Seal/Chris (they arent massive fans of the V6).

I think it will come down to what is for sale after I have moved house next week and what bargains arise over the Christmas period!

#126 JG

JG

• 13,611 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 11:57 AM

Try them both and chose. Don't listen to anyone else. Owners tend to love them, everyone one else is a critic.

#127 hughcam

hughcam

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 01:09 PM

Try them both and chose. Don't listen to anyone else. Owners tend to love them, everyone one else is a critic.

Yep will defo give both a try. The slight problem is that I want to try a car that I am actually interested in buying - The 'V6' I am interested in is in Southampton which is a bit of trek to say the least from West Yorkshire!

#128 jonnyboy

jonnyboy

The hardtop guy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,288 posts
  • Interests:Lightweight sportscars, Brunettes, Petrol & Beer.

Posted 09 November 2016 - 03:42 PM

Just book a test drive at JCT Hugh at least get a feel for it. As JG says V6s have their critics and the folks with 50 grand whittling away at an alarming rate love them. Odd that :D But seriously JCT wont have bugger all to do at the moment on sales they will probably be glad to get out for half an hour.

#129 rob999

rob999

Cat in a Hat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,795 posts
  • Interests:Footy, Tennis, Fire.

Posted 09 November 2016 - 05:35 PM

So why do you dislike them JB? I doubt it's not dislike, just least enthused!

#130 CocoPops

CocoPops

SuperCharged Karting Super Hero

• 17,178 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 05:50 PM

JB is a seller of S2 Exiges, why would he be enthused until S3 prices tumble to a level for him to regularly take a punt? Makes perfect sense to me thumbsup I'm sure once they come down in price, then JB will start regularly stocking and selling them. thumbsup

#131 jonnyboy

jonnyboy

The hardtop guy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,288 posts
  • Interests:Lightweight sportscars, Brunettes, Petrol & Beer.

Posted 09 November 2016 - 07:04 PM

We will sell them when they become easier business for sure. There aren't a lot of used ones out there but they aren't easy for us to get as most people PX them in for something fruity at a similar or more money. The price point isn't a problem but it's tough to pull a margin without having a trade up to mask the losses of the v6 in. I dont dislike them it's just that they aren't as good as an S2. I wanted to replace my Cayman with one but it's just not as good certainly as a daily car. Most owners call them "a more grown up elise/exige" that's code for a bit less engaging I think. They are quick but I'm more interested in dynamics than outright pace.

Edited by jonnyboy, 09 November 2016 - 07:05 PM.

#132 denno

denno

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 10:06 PM

What's the balloon?

Being honest I have no idea as the £470 per month payment was what I was told via a message left on my answer phone.   The salesman previously stated that the APR would be as per the standard Black Rock finance deal so I am assuming somewhere between 6-8%.    Working that back the GMFV must be in the region of £20k?   I am swaying to buying an S2 Exige in a Wacky/loud colour and owning it outright at the end of 3 year period especially after discussing with Jon Seal/Chris (they arent massive fans of the V6).   I think it will come down to what is for sale after I have moved house next week and what bargains arise over the Christmas period!
That quote is pretty useless without knowing the size of deposit required, number of monthly payments, gfv, Apr rate, £470 a month is a bit vague from the dealer lol

#133 hughcam

hughcam

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 10:08 PM

What's the balloon?

Being honest I have no idea as the £470 per month payment was what I was told via a message left on my answer phone.   The salesman previously stated that the APR would be as per the standard Black Rock finance deal so I am assuming somewhere between 6-8%.    Working that back the GMFV must be in the region of £20k?   I am swaying to buying an S2 Exige in a Wacky/loud colour and owning it outright at the end of 3 year period especially after discussing with Jon Seal/Chris (they arent massive fans of the V6).   I think it will come down to what is for sale after I have moved house next week and what bargains arise over the Christmas period!
That quote is pretty useless without knowing the size of deposit required, number of monthly payments, gfv, Apr rate, £470 a month is a bit vague from the dealer lol

Sorry it was mentioned earlier in the thread - 10k deposit over 36 months

#134 rob999

rob999

Cat in a Hat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,795 posts
  • Interests:Footy, Tennis, Fire.

Posted 09 November 2016 - 10:31 PM

JB is a seller of S2 Exiges, why would he be enthused until S3 prices tumble to a level for him to regularly take a punt? Makes perfect sense to me thumbsup I'm sure once they come down in price, then JB will start regularly stocking and selling them. thumbsup

No no no Lee, I was interested in Jon's opinion of the S3 over the actual business aspect of the car. :thumbsup:

Edited by rob999, 09 November 2016 - 10:31 PM.

#135 denno

denno

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 04:18 PM

What's the balloon?

Sorry it was mentioned earlier in the thread - 10k deposit over 36 months
Is this on a new 350 model or used example? If so what is final payment after the 36 months?

#136 hughcam

hughcam

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 08:53 AM

Read the thread lol

#137 Stevie Dubyah

Stevie Dubyah

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts
  • Interests:Invasive Operations

Posted 11 November 2016 - 12:32 PM

This thread is the very definition of temptation. Those Exiges look mighty fine.

#138 WrightStuff

WrightStuff

i am sheldon cooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 12:36 PM

Read the thread lol

Still waiting for somebody to put a figure on the final payment / balloon to get an idea of cost.

#139 mbes2

mbes2

Someone say Plasti Dip?

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,510 posts
    "Yes, I built it"

Posted 11 November 2016 - 02:13 PM

Read the thread lol

Still waiting for somebody to put a figure on the final payment / balloon to get an idea of cost.

That will all depend on cost of car, monthly payments and deposit put down.

#140 hughcam

hughcam

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 03:39 PM

Received another quote from Lotus Silverstone today on their Motorsport Green V6 thats up for £43k

Deposit £10,000 

48 x £515

£14,450 on final baloon on a lease purchase scheme. 

or to buy outright:

£10,000 deposit 

60 x £610 

The buying outright option looks far more appealing to be honest.

Edited by hughcam, 11 November 2016 - 03:39 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users