• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Tibbles Stryker

Tibbles Stryker

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 06:14 AM

So, the wife has surrendered her company car and she fancies an evoque to use as her daily transport (don't all women) anyway just wondered if anyone has any experience of them, fuel economy, mpg etc. Probably looking at an sd4 but may get a new td4 (jag engined) also must be capable of caravan pulling duty as will become the new family tour bus. Feedback always welcome.

#2 jonnyboy

jonnyboy

The hardtop guy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,288 posts
  • Interests:Lightweight sportscars, Brunettes, Petrol & Beer.

Posted 09 November 2016 - 06:58 AM

They are nice beware though they are very small think of it as a golf on stilts. Assuming you want an auto they updated the gearbox in I think 2013 to an 8 speed which is a bit better than the old one. If looking at new the Disco sport is effectively the same car but much bigger in the back and oddly cheaper that the evoque. Just got the Mrs one she loves it. Should make a good tow car as well.

Edited by jonnyboy, 09 November 2016 - 06:59 AM.

#3 Tibbles Stryker

Tibbles Stryker

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 07:51 AM

Yeah looked at those, still growing on me as I feel the evoque is starting to look a little aged, I assume you have the new td4, how's the mpg?

#4 jonnyboy

jonnyboy

The hardtop guy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,288 posts
  • Interests:Lightweight sportscars, Brunettes, Petrol & Beer.

Posted 09 November 2016 - 08:10 AM

I think its at about 40 but the Mrs just runs round local. Its a HSE black. I glazed over a bit when the dealer was talking trim levels but its the drug dealer one with big wheels and blacked out rear windows. 

#5 Tibbles Stryker

Tibbles Stryker

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 08:20 AM

That's the spec that works for me, not the wife though, she likes the more basic look. Thanks for that, most helpful 👍

#6 Tfp

Tfp

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 06:59 PM

I drove one for a few hours and liked it, but with the squat side windows and a huge wing mirror I found the blind spot caused by the pillar and wing mirror too bad.

Coming onto roundabouts I found I had to move my head around to see. Sort of difficult to explain but drive one and you'll see what I mean.

#7 hairy

hairy

Moonlander

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,911 posts
  • Interests:cars, beer, nature

Posted 09 November 2016 - 08:02 PM

Evoque for the wife?

Good swap!

#8 Tibbles Stryker

Tibbles Stryker

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 08:31 PM

Evoque for the wife?   Good swap!

Indeed 😂

#9 Tommo

Tommo

• PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 03:16 PM

i've got a Disco Sport with the new ingenium engine and an auto box and even on a long run struggle to get more than 32-34mpg.

Nice car to drive though but i'd get the 17MY as they have put right LOADS of problems with the early ones (mines been to LR 6 times for a week or more in the 12 months ive had it).

had an evoque as a courtesy car on one of the many times its been in and definitely wouldn't swap the DSport for it.

#10 Tibbles Stryker

Tibbles Stryker

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 07:34 PM

Well I ignored your advise and bought an evoke. Nice car..... Very feminine, so far averaged 44mpg with the 9 speed auto and older sd4 engine. Lots of toys and comfy seats. To be honest it doesn't really float my boat that much but the wife absolutely loves it....so with the family car sorted I can now start looking for a jcw 😍 turbo or supercharged, the debate continues....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users