67 replies to this topic

#41 Johnboyhgt

Johnboyhgt

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,311 posts
  • Interests:Girls, Tracks, Mods

Posted 25 February 2018 - 08:20 PM

Another thought. Plug in your original ecu and key reader. Tape one of the chips to the key reader. Try start it up. I suspect you will get all the same codes up. Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

#42 Egor

Egor

• Pip
  • 103 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 08:25 PM

Reading from lambda pin 1-12.30 volts

pin 2-3.60 volts

reading from t/sensor  pin1-12.30 volts

pin2- 5.03 volts

tomorrow going to try running the car and disconnect the one by one and clear the faults after each disconnected , like Johnboyhgt  advised .

What can I try regarding earth ( ground) , check continuity , resistance on wires itself ?

#43 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

I ADMIT BATMAN THINKS HE IS QUICKER THAN ME

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,727 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 08:31 PM

Put a jump lead from negative on battery to the block/gearbox and then link to the ecu housing

Edited by CHILL Gone DUTCH, 26 February 2018 - 08:32 PM.

#44 Egor

Egor

• Pip
  • 103 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 08:44 PM

Another thought. Plug in your original ecu and key reader. Tape one of the chips to the key reader. Try start it up. I suspect you will get all the same codes up. Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

A short story about my original Ecu .

I've had a problem with the car , it would not accelerate past 4000 rpm sound like run out of petrol , but when disconnect air flow meter it would run perfect .

Someone looked at lambda wiring and said the pins on the sensor in the wrong way , so I swopped them , it would make no difference , in fact it was worse , so I left the it , car was parked up for a couple of months , when I decided to move it  was not able to start .

Next I found there loads of oil in the inlet manifold , so did the compression test , cylinder n1 down to 50 psi , so bought new engine , and when fit it car has no sighs of fuel pump priming or throttle body buzzing , also could not to enter for a diagnostic too.

#45 Egor

Egor

• Pip
  • 103 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 08:48 PM

Put a jump lead from negative on battery to the block/gearbox and then link to the ecu housing

Do I use terminal that in the left sill on the chassis ?

Thanks

#46 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

• 13,727 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 08:50 PM

No Just run a jump lead from battery over the roof and on to gear box

#47 Egor

Egor

• Pip
  • 103 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 08:53 PM

I will try this tomorrow .

Thank you

#48 tibby

tibby

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • Interests:POWER

Posted 27 February 2018 - 04:43 PM

I've had a problem with the car , it would not accelerate past 4000 rpm sound like run out of petrol , but when disconnect air flow meter it would run perfect .

Someone looked at lambda wiring and said the pins on the sensor in the wrong way , so I swopped them , it would make no difference , in fact it was worse , so I left the it , car was parked up for a couple of months , when I decided to move it  was not able to start .

Next I found there loads of oil in the inlet manifold , so did the compression test , cylinder n1 down to 50 psi , so bought new engine , and when fit it car has no sighs of fuel pump priming or throttle body buzzing , also could not to enter for a diagnostic too.

Bad MAF sensor????

No MAF= runs good

With MAF= runs bad

= bad MAF

code P0100?

#49 Egor

Egor

• Pip
  • 103 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 08:44 PM

Bad MAF sensor????

No MAF= runs good

With MAF= runs bad

= bad MAF

code P0100?

MAF was replaced , no difference .

#50 Johnboyhgt

Johnboyhgt

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,311 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 08:48 PM

Tibby is trying to say perhaps your replacement was faulty. Sometimes the aftermarket ones are poor quality. Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

#51 Egor

Egor

• Pip
  • 103 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 08:59 PM

Now looking for someone to recover vx from Manchester  to York  80 MILES  , no tow eye , car very low 100 ,  needs fully dismantle bed  .

Thanks in advance.

#52 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

• 13,727 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 09:03 PM

Tibby is trying to say perhaps your replacement was faulty. Sometimes the aftermarket ones are poor quality. Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

are you collecting vx cars which need work doing to them 

#53 Egor

Egor

• Pip
  • 103 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 09:04 PM

Yes , that is right some aftermarket staff already faulty , but you know about car a bit and its not that .

Was trying to crank it today , would not even do anything  at all ...

#54 Egor

Egor

• Pip
  • 103 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 09:06 PM

Sounds like timing out , but timing is fine..

#55 Johnboyhgt

Johnboyhgt

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,311 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 09:10 PM

Not at all Chill, do like a challenge though especially wiring. Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

#56 Egor

Egor

• Pip
  • 103 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 02:05 PM

tryed bad earth , running jump lead from battery to engine / gearbox and to Ecu . Also disconnected lambda 1 ,2 sensor , maf . There no difference , for some reason engine not fire at all ! Can't hear fuel pump priming , is it suppose to make buzzing sound every time ignition on ? How this alarm works , can I by pass it ? Thank you

#57 Johnboyhgt

Johnboyhgt

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,311 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 07:59 PM

Alarm isn't linked to the immobiliser. Sounds very much like you have the same fault as you originally had 2yrs ago. Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

#58 Johnboyhgt

Johnboyhgt

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,311 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 08:01 PM

Try bypassing the fuel cut off switch. Bolted to the subframe left side. Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

#59 Egor

Egor

• Pip
  • 103 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 12:58 PM

Try bypassing the fuel cut off switch. Bolted to the subframe left side. Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

#60 Egor

Egor

• Pip
  • 103 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 01:24 PM

Nice one John , how do I bypass it please , cross the wires or just disconnect it ?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: eeprom error, wiring

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users