#1 turbo2015

turbo2015

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 11:01 PM

22k, seen a cat d go for 18k

https://www.ebay.co....5cAAOSwi4lahzuR

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SOLD-2010-LOTUS-EVORA-2-VVT-i-276bhp-3-5-V6/323017222783?hash=item4b3553aa7f:g:QsgAAOSwE8daa2hK 

#2 fiveoclock

fiveoclock

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,453 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 11:14 PM

Those two are only down in price as one's done 89k and the other has done 118k. The oldest NAs with low or average mileage haven't got any cheaper at all. They're still 29 to 30k, exactly what they were a year ago

Edited by fiveoclock, 27 February 2018 - 11:15 PM.

#3 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,587 posts
  • Interests:Rock climbing, skiing, kayaking, surfing, mountaineering, budgies, chess, practical mechanics.

Posted 27 February 2018 - 11:19 PM

I barely ever see any of these on the roads, I think the owners must be polishing them too much and not driving them. Looking forward to seeing the owners face of the first own one I meet when I scoot past him. :ninja:

#4 Wolfstone

Wolfstone

Iceman

• 12,984 posts
  • Interests:Northants Pedantic Crew global domination of the media.

Posted 27 February 2018 - 11:52 PM

You don't see any on the road Nev because they're pig ugly and owners are too ashamed to bring them out. :lol:

#5 jonnyboy

jonnyboy

The hardtop guy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,288 posts
  • Interests:Lightweight sportscars, Brunettes, Petrol & Beer.

Posted 28 February 2018 - 06:41 AM

Prices have been steady for 3 years or so. 30 or just under for NA and about 35 for SC

#6 C8RKH

C8RKH

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 06:50 AM

Oi - I've got an Evora and a VX220. You calling my children ugly!  Both under rated and great cars and part of the reason I like them is no other fecker knows what they are....

#7 jonnyboy

jonnyboy

The hardtop guy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,288 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 08:38 AM

The best sportscar nobody buys.

#8 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• 11,587 posts
  • Interests:Rock climbing, skiing, kayaking, surfing, mountaineering, budgies, chess, practical mechanics.

Posted 28 February 2018 - 08:47 AM

You don't see any on the road Nev because they're pig ugly and owners are too ashamed to bring them out. :lol:

Ouchy!   

#9 Tareim

Tareim

• Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 09:09 AM

Are the heaters any better in those things?

#10 PaulCP

PaulCP

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,064 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 09:28 AM

I barely ever see any of these on the roads, I think the owners must be polishing them too much and not driving them. Looking forward to seeing the owners face of the first own one I meet when I scoot past him. :ninja:

😄😄 A bit like having a high spec track machine and just wanting to be a boy racer on the road (last comment seals it) rather than using it on track Hope, along with many many others, to see you out there at Anglesey  

Yup, just like a normal car. Used mine over the past week and end up turning the heater way down

Edited by PaulCP, 28 February 2018 - 09:29 AM.

#11 KurtVerbose

KurtVerbose

His Serene Highness

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,779 posts
  • Interests:Big baps.

Posted 28 February 2018 - 09:44 AM

I can see myself getting one in the future. I could do with token rear seats for the dogs, and while I love the VX it is a bit extreme in terms of civility.

#12 Rosssco

Rosssco

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,181 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 10:02 AM

I can see myself getting one in the future. I could do with token rear seats to justify purchase of a sport car and a sop to "practicality" (just like 911's), and while I love the VX it is a bit extreme in terms of civility.

EFA

Would love an Evora. Been close to jacking in the VX and BMW for one, but you can't fit a paramotor in it so it would be an expensive VX replacement only.  

#13 KurtVerbose

KurtVerbose

His Serene Highness

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,779 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 10:49 AM

It's not a sop to practicality to justify the car. We use the VX quite a bit in summer instead of the other car (which is practical), but we won't be able to this summer as we always take the dogs with us. That means I only really drive it alone, and I have motorcycles for that.

When I look at 911's they tick all the boxes, especially for build quality - but I just don't want one. Maybe if I had one I'd like it? Part of it is their ubiquity, partly I don't like the company, partly I've never really connected with German cars. I think if I did get one it would be the previous generation Targa.

Part of me also thinks I've been through my car phase and now it's time to have other interests.

#14 Curtiscraddock

Curtiscraddock

• PipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 11:10 AM

Was the cat d one for 18k still damaged or had been repaired?

#15 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• 11,587 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 11:25 AM

😄😄 A bit like having a high spec track machine and just wanting to be a boy racer on the road (last comment seals it) rather than using it on track Hope, along with many many others, to see you out there at Anglesey

Hi Paul, I'm afraid I have no desire to meet some of the horrible people from here, so it's not likely. If/when I drive on a track it is with friends in order to have fun. However, from years of reading the thinly veiled aggressive nonsense on here (most of which is from the "trackers") I simply would not want to get involved. There are plenty of nice people on here, but as usual it's spoilt by the few. BTW, my car is not a "high spec track" machine, I've taken a lot of time and effort to make it genuinely road focused, but I guess you haven't picked up on that. And as for wanting to be a boy racer, this is no desire of mine either, I find that tends to be "trackers" again, who superciliously want to pretend they are some sort of race car driver. I simply like driving (when there isn't traffic) and do so on the roads like tens of millions of others. Most of the best/favourite driving I've done is pottering around in the mountains on my own actually, much better value for money & time and much way more aesthetically pleasing (to me anyway).

Edited by Nev, 28 February 2018 - 11:47 AM.

#16 Tareim

Tareim

• Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 11:27 AM

Yup, just like a normal car. Used mine over the past week and end up turning the heater way down

I take it there's no way of using them to improve the vx at all though

#17 Rosssco

Rosssco

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,181 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 11:53 AM

I take it there's no way of using them to improve the vx at all though

No, totally different. Just buy one of these: https://www.t7design...heater-kit.html

#18 KurtVerbose

KurtVerbose

His Serene Highness

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,779 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 12:08 PM

No, totally different. Just buy one of these:

https://www.t7design...heater-kit.html

I had no idea he finally made one for the VX.  

#19 PaulCP

PaulCP

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,064 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 12:13 PM

Hi Paul, I'm afraid I have no desire to meet some of the horrible people from here, so it's not likely. If/when I drive on a track it is with friends in order to have fun. However, from years of reading the thinly veiled aggressive nonsense on here (most of which is from the "trackers") I simply would not want to get involved. There are plenty of nice people on here, but as usual it's spoilt by the few. BTW, my car is not a "high spec track" machine, I've taken a lot of time and effort to make it genuinely road focused, but I guess you haven't picked up on that. And as for wanting to be a boy racer, this is no desire of mine either, I find that tends to be "trackers" again, who superciliously want to pretend they are some sort of race car driver. I simply like driving (when there isn't traffic) and do so on the roads like tens of millions of others. Most of the best/favourite driving I've done is pottering around in the mountains on my own actually, much better value for money & time and much way more aesthetically pleasing (to me anyway).  
Nev, your point is taken but TBH I don't believe that there are many horrible people on here. I've met most over the years and, away from keyboard banter, no one gives me that impression. The "boy racer" comment was in your response, quote "Looking forward to seeing the owners face of the first one I meet when I scoot past him"

#20 jonnyboy

jonnyboy

The hardtop guy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,288 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 12:36 PM

Lad dishes it out and cant take it shocker :D 

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users