613 replies to this topic

#561 FLD

FLD

WANNABE MY LOVER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,717 posts
  • Interests:Tugging my todger.

Posted 14 January 2021 - 08:50 AM

Immunity seems to be quite short lived once you've had it.  I can imagine there would be a point of equilibrium in the hospitals once we reach a level of repeat infection.  Not a scenario I'd want to explore myself although I do appreciate this topic has some difference of opinion.  Roll on the vaccination for me and lets put this whole horrible thing behind us.

How do you know that?

They looked at 1000 NHS staff that tested positive in the first wave. Not a single one has tested positive again.

1000 staff that didn't test positive in the first wave were tested and 3% had caught it.

Thats about as up to date as you can get.

I'm still involved in some medicinal discovery so I see research data which doctor google might not find or might me sensationalised by doctor facebook.  The first reinfection I was aware of happened in the US over summer (june/july-ish). 

#562 Zoobeef

Zoobeef

Joes bedroom assistant.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,103 posts

Posted 14 January 2021 - 10:21 AM

As it happens this came out this morning

Past Covid-19 infection may provide 'months of immunity' https://www.bbc.co.u...health-55651518

They are saying 5 months on average and infections reoccurring in those who previously had it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On par with having the vaccine then

Edited by Zoobeef, 14 January 2021 - 10:22 AM.

#563 Zoobeef

Zoobeef

Joes bedroom assistant.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,103 posts

Posted 14 January 2021 - 10:23 AM

Immunity seems to be quite short lived once you've had it.  I can imagine there would be a point of equilibrium in the hospitals once we reach a level of repeat infection.  Not a scenario I'd want to explore myself although I do appreciate this topic has some difference of opinion.  Roll on the vaccination for me and lets put this whole horrible thing behind us.

How do you know that?

They looked at 1000 NHS staff that tested positive in the first wave. Not a single one has tested positive again.

1000 staff that didn't test positive in the first wave were tested and 3% had caught it.

Thats about as up to date as you can get.

I'm still involved in some medicinal discovery so I see research data which doctor google might not find or might me sensationalised by doctor facebook.  The first reinfection I was aware of happened in the US over summer (june/july-ish). 

When You say put this whole thing behind us?

You mean live with a level of death that you don't mind ignoring?

#564 coldel

coldel

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 14 January 2021 - 02:41 PM

As it happens this came out this morning

Past Covid-19 infection may provide 'months of immunity' https://www.bbc.co.u...health-55651518

They are saying 5 months on average and infections reoccurring in those who previously had it.

On par with having the vaccine then

https://www.theguard...tion-to-vaccine

Looks like it. Although reinfection is a thing it does happen and has happened with NHS staff who had it, just significantly reduced.

#565 Zoobeef

Zoobeef

Joes bedroom assistant.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,103 posts

Posted 14 January 2021 - 06:45 PM

Reinfection was obviously always going to happen.

Just not the massive drama FLD is making it out to be.

Doesn't really effect the young, infection giving the same protection as a vaccine. Hmmmmm i wonder what we could have been doing last summer......

Instead the ZeroCovTards have caused the current mess.

Ontop of that, the new variant is worse for the young (allegedly, not really showing it in the statistics). 

#566 coldel

coldel

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 15 January 2021 - 07:55 AM

I assume I caught the new one Christmas Day it wasn’t pleasant, I have never smoked and keep fit and was laid up for best part of a week. The caretaker at my sons school caught it and said similar symptoms, his 15 year old daughter ended up in hospital in a very bad way.

But yes reinfection is possible, with the timeframe the best part of 6 months, the absence of any proper testing for half a year last year it’s hard to really get a handle on it but definitely you can catch it again and you can catch it if you have had it and had the vaccine, but it’s significantly less likely than if you haven’t had it + vaccine. It’s not 100% though and vaccinated people will still catch this, we will just have to accept that.

#567 FLD

FLD

WANNABE MY LOVER

• 13,717 posts

Posted 15 January 2021 - 08:45 PM

I think the discussion is a little obtuse and we are missing some things.  COVID is being considered as a flu-like disease here with low level mortality and for most its an inconvenience.  Why have we fcuked our economy for something that is outstripped by flu each year.  etc etc. 

What's missing is the considered potential for a mutant with a significant death rate and the type of virus we are dealing with.  Corona virus is a fairly stable virus which means mutations are slow to happen but when they do they tend to stick around.  Other viruses are more volatile and mutate incredibly quickly but none really stick around.  Mutation by it's nature is random.  It could mutate and make itself non-infectious or not applicable to humans any more.  It could turn into a monster; grrr.  In order to mutate viruses need host time, it doesn't happen in the air between folks.  Currently COVID is getting lots of host time so the probability of mutation is high and because of the virus type mutations are likely to be stable.  Imagine the possibility of COVID with HIV type mortality, airbourne and very infectious, long infectious time so it spreads well and kills.  To reduced the probability of mutation we need to reduce the numbers of infections. 

Obviously immune response comes into this.  If we consider mutation as iterative evolution then it favours a mutant that is not treated by the immune system response to the previous strain (applies to vaccine too Obvs).  The measures are dealing with what it could be, not what it currently is.  Ignore it and it will go round and round with various mutations until we get a nasty one.  The concept of keeping infection high to build up immunity in the population at a fixed rate is valid when considering most non-viral diseases but it's an ignorant assumption to apply it to all disease.

I'd recommend having a read at some scientific articles rather than how the press present it.  That is almost back to cold fusion for those who remember that shitstorm.  Scihub gives access to those wishing to commit copyright crimes or you can pay for journal articles.  Science not pseudoscience.

Mutant X is the one to wipe us out and discussion of X-factor always amuses me.  Thought I'd share just in case it's not just me who finds it funny.

#568 coldel

coldel

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 15 January 2021 - 11:26 PM

There is also the very obvious side of the unmeasured impact of allowing this to just crack on. If hospitals fill up operations for other treatable diseases get delayed and people die of other things unnecessarily. Again talking media, they are playing down the threat to the NHS not playing it up, it’s much closer to crashing and burning than is being let on to avoid nation wide panic.

#569 phil.d

phil.d

• Pip
  • 123 posts

Posted 16 January 2021 - 10:15 AM

Didn't the government build 3 nightingale hospitals to house thousands of covid patients in order to not clog up the NHS and didn't the government get company's like mclaren and dyson to build thousands of ventilators so people didn't die , or am I missing something

#570 Sutol

Sutol

Well it's nearly a Lotus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,121 posts

Posted 16 January 2021 - 11:20 AM

As I understand it Phil, there aren't the people to man them!

#571 phil.d

phil.d

• Pip
  • 123 posts

Posted 16 January 2021 - 10:18 PM

Sounds about right !

#572 coldel

coldel

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 17 January 2021 - 11:48 AM

They built the emergency hospitals in the wrong places. Some counties in England have one major hospital, that’s it, it won’t take long for that to simply fail.

But yes, NHS is much closer to a fail than the media are allowed to tell us. Hence the panic measures we are seeing at the moment.

Edited by coldel, 17 January 2021 - 11:49 AM.

#573 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 17 January 2021 - 12:33 PM

Given the numbers of infections in East London, I'd say the Excel Centre was in the perfect location.

Thought I'd read earlier in the week that they'd moved some non-COVID patients into it which seems a bit strange given it's whole purpose but I guess more intensive care is better given in an intensive care department, in a proper hospital.

#574 Baron Von Scubadaddy

Baron Von Scubadaddy

STAGE 3.333333333333333333333333333333

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,643 posts
  • Interests:Girls, Cars,..... ! spending time asking questions about why my car won't work

Posted 17 January 2021 - 04:31 PM

This is better than the Imran thread 

keep safe guys 

If they were worried about people dying they would ban smoking...........

:grouphug:   with face masks at a distance  :angry2:

#575 Baron Von Scubadaddy

Baron Von Scubadaddy

STAGE 3.333333333333333333333333333333

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,643 posts
  • Interests:Girls, Cars,..... ! spending time asking questions about why my car won't work

Posted 17 January 2021 - 04:31 PM

This is better than the Imran thread 

keep safe guys 

If they were worried about people dying they would ban smoking...........

:grouphug:   with face masks at a distance  :angry2:

#576 coldel

coldel

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 17 January 2021 - 08:15 PM

The issue techie is that places like Cornwall have nowhere near the capacity but got ignored. London has ridden out the worst of it but three nightingale hospitals is not enough and they are in the wrong places.

#577 coldel

coldel

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 17 January 2021 - 08:16 PM

It’s all fake anyway it’s just a ruse to get us all to to out a “vaccine” in to us that can track us lol

#578 smiley

smiley

Thetan level 15

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,427 posts

Posted 17 January 2021 - 08:40 PM

They can al ready track you via your mobile.
This is to inject crisper cas technology, so they can program you. Probably into voting labor.
Also something the elites don't want you to know; the ducks in the park are free. I al ready have 5.

#579 FLD

FLD

WANNABE MY LOVER

• 13,717 posts

Posted 18 January 2021 - 12:39 PM

I think the key thing here is that this is COVID is something new.  Whilst there have been pandemics previously they aren't covids.  There is no right answer on the best way to deal with it all.  Everyone has an opinion of equal validity as its based on how they are affected.

Damn, it appears the chip is already working!  Off to see JC.

#580 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 18 January 2021 - 12:45 PM

Matt, out of interest and given your pharma background, which of the vaccine options would you go for if you had free choice (and assuming you didn't have any allergies/whatever that might influence your choice)?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users