5 replies to this topic

#1 oblomov

oblomov

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,824 posts
  • Interests:None

Posted 13 July 2024 - 10:39 AM

So I've got a new one, but my stage 4 tune really doesn't like it. I assume it was specifically tuned to the old one. Boost is either on or off, It just kicks in and totally overboosts which can cause the car to go in to limp mode. Not ideal overtaking on the autobahn at 130 kph. Just about manageable with a delicate throttle but I'm unable to use the full acceleration of the car, only minimum turbo boost with care. Very frustrating on the Grossglockner yesterday.

#2 stevieturbo

stevieturbo

• Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 13 July 2024 - 03:59 PM

When it comes to airflow meters....often anything other than OEM, are just junk

As to whether that is causing your boost control issue or not, is another matter though

Datalog things and see if boost control or the MAF are doing or seeing anything strange

#3 oblomov

oblomov

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,824 posts

Posted 13 July 2024 - 08:23 PM

When it comes to airflow meters....often anything other than OEM, are just junk

As to whether that is causing your boost control issue or not, is another matter though

Datalog things and see if boost control or the MAF are doing or seeing anything strange

Thanks for that, unfortunately approx 2000 km from home, that's not an option. Will check when I get home to see if Amm is OEM.

#4 peteslag

peteslag

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • Interests:real ale, food, real ale

Posted 14 July 2024 - 01:27 PM

Is there a chance that the old AMM was on its way out on the day you had your car mapped? Either that or your new AMM is not fit for purpose. You can try pulling fuse 8 for 10 minutes, that resets the ECU and might help the car run better for a while. I bought my new AMM from elise parts and the car runs absolutely perfectly now. The AMM that I removed had the wrong part number incidentally. This is the correct part number:

A116E6059F

If you unplug the AMM the car will still run, the ECU just uses preprogrammed settings for the fuel mixture but I'm not sure how that works for remapped cars.

#5 stevieturbo

stevieturbo

• Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 14 July 2024 - 05:58 PM

Bypass any boost control solenoids or devices and route the pipe directly from compressor cover to wastegate actuator. That would at least rule out any boost control issues. Although if it's a sticky gate mechanically...then it probably wont fix much.

Unplugging any electrical connections to the solenoid should achieve the same....assuming there is not a plumbing problem.

At least it might rule out an actual boost control problem to let it drive a bit smoother

#6 oblomov

oblomov

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,824 posts

Posted 30 July 2024 - 06:10 PM

Thanks for the replies, only just got back to the UK.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users